more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muniz

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, July 27, 2021, 08:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 09:21:36 PM
I was initially excited about the prospect of us signing a young Brazilian forward. However from the YouTube videos this one looks like the Brazilian Matt Smith. The fact Boro are even in with a shout of signing reinforces my view that my original excitement wasn't justified. Not too fussed if we miss out on this one.

Not sure Matt Smith could score this Invalid Tweet ID
STH H3

Statto

Quote from: @jolslover on July 27, 2021, 11:17:01 PM
I was initially excited about the prospect of us signing a young Brazilian forward. However from the YouTube videos this one looks like the Brazilian Matt Smith. The fact Boro are even in with a shout of signing reinforces my view that my original excitement wasn't justified. Not too fussed if we miss out on this one.

I suspect he could score a lot with goalkeeping like that. Bloody hell, it didn't even make it to the goal without bouncing and he still missed it. Honestly that looks like non-league standard football.

I Ronic

if we do sign him any chance we could get the commentator to join Gentleman Jim?

jayffc

Their Fans seem pretty enthusiastic about him

Say he's a young player they believe will develop into a top talent. The issue is they feel they have the number 1 Brazilian striker already as their first choice
and potentially the 2nd best as their 2nd choice...so he's just not going to get the starting opportunities he deserves given he's a youngster comparitively.

its a punt for sure, but a season of Championship football to adjust may be good for him.
intrueged to find out, nothing like signing a brazilian striker to make a transfer window more exciting ha never gets old

RaySmith

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2021, 11:43:32 PM

I suspect he could score a lot with goalkeeping like that. Bloody hell, it didn't even make it to the goal without bouncing and he still missed it. Honestly that looks like non-league standard football.

Anyone remember the overhead kick Dio Kamara scored with, i think from a corner, for a last minute equaliser home to Spurs?

But that looked pretty good, even if the keeper should have saved it.

But it is exciting to think of signing this player, a Brazilian!, though i will try to not to get too carried away, after being disappointed  a few times.

But it's good that we're actually signing a goalscoring striker.
Let's hope we get him, and he comes good, and becomes our new free scoring hero alongside Mitro.

junior white

I wouldnt have thought Crouchy could but he did lol

S.F.Sorrow

The Youtube clips looked great but the defending looked very poor. I doubt he will be given that much time and space in the Championship. But then again, perhaps he's one of those striker with exceptional movement off the ball that makes it looks easy.

Personally I'm very excited about this. It's a bit risky for sure. He may not adapt to the English game (or lifestyle, weather, etc.). The fact that no bigger clubs seem to be interested should also tell us something but it's certainly more fun than being linked with Marcus Gayle every transfer window.

As long as Mitro stays I would be happy with Muniz as backup (and hopefully a regular starter in the not too distant future). I'm sure we can find a safer option as backup but I'm not sure we can fine a more exciting prospect in this price range.

I have a feeling Boro will get him though. We can't risk breaking FFP and we probably don't have a chance unless we can get a loan+option type of deal which seems a bit unlikely with Flamengo rejecting our first offer.

Riversider

Would personally prefer we sign either Ugbo from Chelsea or Josh Maja, I don't get all the excitement over Muniz, I would have rather we had given a fraction of the money to Mika Biereth to persuade him to sign a new contract 
Worth pointing out as well that Marco Silva didn't scout Muniz, his agent has been touting him to other clubs for weeks, I was reading about Boros interest in him three weeks ago, no doubt that's when he came to our attention,  his scoring record so far is poor and certainly nothing to get overly excited about, all seems a bit Bryan Ruiz to me, and why haven't Norwich, Watford or Brentford shown any interest, let alone a Villa, Southampton or Palace !
FWIW I think we will sign him and news will break today.

Neutral Zone Ultra

Twitter journos suggesting that he's going Boro

Twig

Quote from: Neutral Zone Ultra on July 28, 2021, 09:09:30 AM
Twitter journos suggesting that he's going Boro

I'm not too worried if that's the case. What will be, will be.  Agree with those who feel it's too much of an unknown to break the bank over.

General

Think we may be onto something here.

On muniz's official twitter he's liked a tweet from a day ago saying that fulham and silva had initially had a bid rejected for a loan with no obligation to buy but went back on silvas request and have put forward a loan with obligation to buy and there's no mention of Middlesbrough (perhaps suggesting his preference and what he's most excited for), and within the last 6-9 hours he's posted a simple fingers crossed with a fire emoji next to it.

It wouldn't be a huge leap of logic to assume the two were related as nothing has been liked by the player re Middlesbrough.

https://twitter.com/RodrigoMuniz019?s=09

The Rock

If Silva believes in Muniz and has told him as much, you'd have to think Fulham would be first choice for him by a country mile and we may simply have to meet what Boro are going to pay, which it seems where it may stand.

Though Warnock I am sure is a lovely bloke, regardless of his perceived very low IQ.

Craven Mad

Quote from: The Rock on July 28, 2021, 03:11:29 PM
If Silva believes in Muniz and has told him as much, you'd have to think Fulham would be first choice for him by a country mile and we may simply have to meet what Boro are going to pay, which it seems where it may stand.

Though Warnock I am sure is a lovely bloke, regardless of his perceived very low IQ.

Agreed - we have the benefits of being London based and far more likely to get promoted.

Equally, what with Silva speaking Portuguese (language of Brazil, of course) and with a history of developing Brazilian forwards (Richarlison), I can't see Muniz having any reason to choose Boro over us.

Lighthouse

I really don't see it happening and Mitro staying.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Rock

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2021, 03:28:12 PM

Why do I agree with this statement? Feels like we won't pay up and/or just held hostage by FFP no?

JimOG

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 28, 2021, 03:28:12 PM

Why can't it be a 4-4-2 set up with Muniz adding pace to Mitro's all round game?

WestSussexWhite

Flamengo want a confirmed 16 million for Muniz next summer on an obligation. Fulham won't pay anywhere near that. I would be surprised if Boro sign him for that

JimOG

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 03:42:43 PM
Flamengo want a confirmed 16 million for Muniz next summer on an obligation. Fulham won't pay anywhere near that. I would be surprised if Boro sign him for that

God loves a trier...that's a risk that City etc can take given their commercial strength but not us...nor Boro

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: jayffc on July 28, 2021, 02:57:35 AM
Their Fans seem pretty enthusiastic about him

Say he's a young player they believe will develop into a top talent. The issue is they feel they have the number 1 Brazilian striker already as their first choice
and potentially the 2nd best as their 2nd choice...so he's just not going to get the starting opportunities he deserves given he's a youngster comparitively.

its a punt for sure, but a season of Championship football to adjust may be good for him.
intrueged to find out, nothing like signing a brazilian striker to make a transfer window more exciting ha never gets old

Bill Shankley was once quoted as saying " I don't buy players with potential I buy players.........." sorry can't remember the rest, someone help me out please.

Look where Shankley took Liverpool!

PaulJ123

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 03:42:43 PM

Absolute madness if they is the fee they want for a relatively unproven player in the current financial climate.

Hope we don't go for him if that's the price.