watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Muniz

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, July 27, 2021, 08:25:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyFFC

Whilst Brazil is undoubtedly a hotbed of unbelievable footballing talent; the league there is hot garbage as the majority of decent players are brought to Europe in their teens. However, Marco Silva is apparently particularly keen on this fella which is encouraging, although that much money with so few games played does make me worry that he might turn out to be Joelinton II

The Rock

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 03:42:43 PM
Flamengo want a confirmed 16 million for Muniz next summer on an obligation. Fulham won't pay anywhere near that. I would be surprised if Boro sign him for that

I like the prospect of this player, partly because of what Silva sees in him. I think Silva can get him to be the real deal.

But for 16m?! You can get another player at a much lower volatility/better chance probability of succeeding one might think.

Temping, but an outrageous figure it seems. Very interested to see what happens with him.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

That proposed fee is ridiculous - but I suspect they are trying to spark a bit of bidding war before the Brazilian transfer window opens.

WestSussexWhite

I will be amazed if we are matching Boro's bid. They are offering a permanent deal of 8 million upfront rising to 16! We can't get near that

St. Andrews White

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 08:38:53 PM
I will be amazed if we are matching Boro's bid. They are offering a permanent deal of 8 million upfront rising to 16! We can't get near that
Absolutely crazy. Would rather go back in for Maja for a quarter of that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

Hatch007

Google translation from Portuguese to English...

Fulham doesn't give up on Rodrigo Muniz and tells Flamengo that they will change the offer from loan to purchase; English team arrives at the negotiation model demanded by Rubro-Negro, which is awaiting an official document to officially accept and settle the attacker's departure

muniz
vene casagrande
[email protected]
Published 7/28/2021 5:50 PM

Bruno Spindel and Marcos Braz, directors of Flamengo, are in Europe looking for reinforcements, but they are taking advantage of the trip to resolve operations to leave players. The first was from Hugo Moura, on loan to Lugano, from Switzerland. Now, the duo is close to confirming the departure of Rodrigo Muniz, and Fulham, from England, is the favorite.
The English team initially made a loan proposal with a purchase option, then changed to a purchase obligation, but Flamengo required the negotiation model to be definitive, in other words, a sale. The English team, willing to have Rodrigo Muniz at all costs, agreed and reached the following numbers: 6 million euros in cash (about 36 million reais) + 2 million euros (12 million reais) in a second installment. The amount is 80% of the economic rights, and Fla holding 20%.

Somerset Fulham

I'm going right off the idea of this lad.

Blawarmy

Quote from: St. Andrews White on July 28, 2021, 09:07:13 PM
Quote from: WestSussexWhite on July 28, 2021, 08:38:53 PM
Absolutely crazy. Would rather go back in for Maja for a quarter of that

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
How can Boro afford that?

General

It's crazy how quickly people are making judgements on hearsay on social media etc from people who don't even look that legitimate or reputable on a player who has potential and wants to come to the club.

Whilst I'm not a fan of the khan's ownership and TK, they have done better in the transfer window and stayed within FFP. I am certain that this won't go ahead if it doesn't make sense or work for us financially.

On top of that, I imagine the structure around having an obligation to buy is riddled with caveats. How much game time the player gets, goals scored and overall contribution to the first team and club.

The kid is 20, playing as a youth International for Brazil and is the third choice striker for one of brazil and South Americas biggest club, who their fans rate highly and say he'll be a top striker.

If he comes and does well the figure becomes negligible, even the highest quoted figure (we sold a younger Patrick Roberts for similar amount with less of a track record and at a lower league) yet people are already heavily committed it seems to having a closed minded view on him.

Slightly ridiculous if you ask me.

He looks agile, powerful, speedy and can score a range of goals. You have to take calculated risks or decisions in football recruitment and we've made plenty of worse decisions historically and will continue to make worse ones than to go for this kid. (Steve marlet for 11m anyone?).

On top of all of that, our new manager who is a Portuguese speaker, has history in bringing Brazilian talent and developing it seems extremely keen on the player. That must also count for something.

Time to be more level headed about these things?

Arthur

Just took a look on the Boro fans' forum.

Saw a tweet from within the last hour from Journalist Bruno Andrade (who, I understand, has been covering this from Brazil) that seems to suggest the deal isn't finalised. He says Boro have now offered Flamengo 50% of any sell-on fee (as opposed to the 20% we are offering).

General

Quote from: Arthur on July 29, 2021, 12:27:54 AM

Saw a tweet from within the last hour from Journalist Bruno Andrade (who, I understand, has been covering this from Brazil) that seems to suggest the deal isn't finalised. He says Boro have now offered Flamengo 50% of any sell-on fee (as opposed to the 20% we are offering).

Look, at the end of the day boro could throw the kitchen sink at the deal. If the player prefers us and our manager which every source has implied including the players own social media (he liked a post about fulham making a new offer for him and tweeted around the same time a fire emoji and fingers crossed) then he will have a say.

All thats happening now is that the clubs are negotiating and if the bids are accepted that may matter but it doesn't sound like fulham haven't been willing to make a deal happen.

None of us can control the outcome. Just sit back and see what happens.

General

Interestingly just went on social media and all the 'gossip is now suggesting the muniz will be joining fulham on a 5 year contract.

Arthur

Quote from: General on July 29, 2021, 12:34:54 AM

Look, at the end of the day boro could throw the kitchen sink at the deal. If the player prefers us and our manager which every source has implied including the players own social media (he liked a post about fulham making a new offer for him and tweeted around the same time a fire emoji and fingers crossed) then he will have a say.

All thats happening now is that the clubs are negotiating and if the bids are accepted that may matter but it doesn't sound like fulham haven't been willing to make a deal happen.

'Look'?

What I have done that's so terrible it demands I be told to 'look' at what you have to say for yourself?

I was merely posting a bit of information that is relevant. I am waiting to see what happens.

General

The key journalist in Brazil for transfer news who's been covering this story just tweeted this..

?s=19

Fulham doesn't give up on Muniz and tells Flamengo that he will change the offer from loan to purchase: € 6 million in cash and +€ 2 million in the second installment, for 80% (total operation:€ 8 million - R$50 million). Fla awaits official document to close the deal.

General

Quote from: Arthur on July 29, 2021, 12:43:15 AM
Quote from: General on July 29, 2021, 12:34:54 AM

'Look'?

What I have done that's so terrible it demands I be told to 'look' at what you have to say for yourself?

I was merely posting a bit of information that is relevant. I am waiting to see what happens.

That's you projecting your insecurities at the moment. What I wrote wasn't intended in an aggressive way, saying 'look,..' can just be a way of opening up a conversation point. Don't take it so sensitively.

If I wanted to have a go, I would.

For what its worth, what I said is still valid if taken objectively.

Statto

Aren't third party ownership arrangements (ie Flamengo retaining 20% of the player and us only buying 80%) banned over here?

Arthur

Quote from: General on July 29, 2021, 12:46:15 AM
The key journalist in Brazil for transfer news who's been covering this story just tweeted this..

?s=19

Fulham doesn't give up on Muniz and tells Flamengo that he will change the offer from loan to purchase: € 6 million in cash and +€ 2 million in the second installment, for 80% (total operation:€ 8 million - R$50 million). Fla awaits official document to close the deal.

I saw that, too, on the Boro forum. Those details were reported on here by Riversider on the Transfer thread a couple of hours ago. The tweet from Andrade is since then.

General

Quote from: Statto on July 29, 2021, 12:50:53 AM
Aren't third party ownership arrangements (ie Flamengo retaining 20% of the player and us only buying 80%) banned over here?

I read it as that 6million represents 80% of the fee? (Inagine the figure was estimated?)

8m - 100%
80,000 - 1%

6 million - 75%?.. so there or there abouts.

I imagine when signing players figures are always rounded up or down for press?

General

A new tweet thats been liked by Muniz's official twitter account 5 hours ago stating he's on verge of leaving for England and is the best player in brazils U20s.

?s=19

Somerset Fulham

I'm fairly sure that all of this has been posted on the transfer thread?