watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Christmas Questions

Started by White Noise, December 22, 2010, 10:09:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

So how is your Christmas looking? Anyone changing plans due to the impending weather?

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas?

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year?

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period?

4) What is your main meal going to be on Christmas day?

5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years?

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory?

The Equalizer

1. Christmas Eve - around 2pm.

2. Food in 'The Folly' on Gracechurch Street followed by a lousy panto in Fulham Town Hall and about 12 pints in Chateau six.

3. About 5: Putney > Shepherd's Bush > Craven Cottage > The Brick

4. Roast Turkey, stuffing, the best roast spuds in the world, veg, a bottle of D'Arenberg's 'The Dead Arm' shiraz (2006), a case of Fosters.

5. A pair of pants wrapped around a stubby bottle of cheap French lager. Cheers Aunty and Uncle!

6. Beating Watford 5-0 - or getting a pair of Fulham sweatbands when I was 7.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: White Noise on December 22, 2010, 10:09:11 AM
So how is your Christmas looking? Anyone changing plans due to the impending weather?

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas? about three weeks ago  :wine:

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year? Me playing Pro Evo

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period? about three miles

Turkey (isn't everyone?) .
5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years? cant remember but i do get a few.

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory? I'm crap with remembering games and dates but i was at the Watford 5 -0 that EQ mentioned , so that one.

AlFayedsChequebook

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas- Tomorrow (23rd) 4pm

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year - Meal near my bosses house in Dorset

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period - 200 or so - London to Oxford and back a few times (West Ham game etc)

4) What is your main meal going to be on Christmas day - Turkey with all the trimmings of course

5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years - A pen

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory - Nothing really sticks out.

FC Silver Fox

Christmas Eve evening.

5 course meal (including foie gras and veal,  champagne , a white burgundy and the cotes du Rhone from Guigal.

Very few. The kids are coming home for Chrimbo   .

Turkey and all the trimmings. (We'll have the traditional French Christmas meal on Christmas eve evening)

See below.

Fulham  10 v 1 Ipswich on  Boxing Day 1963

Worst present :   Losing 4-2 to Ipswich 2 days later.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

GoldCoastWhite

1) Working 25,26 and 27th. Finish at 11.30pm 27th  :031:
2) Staff party was Sunday night (Ancient Gods theme) - I was working !
3) Not far, about 40 miles in total to my nieces house on Xmas Eve
4) Staff meal at work...it better be good !
5) It's the thought that counts !
6) Hmm, never made a Boxing day at The Cottage. Last year was a laugh on the Gold Coast even though Brisbane got smashed 5-1 by the Coasties. We took about 6,000 down and sung for 90 minutes. Return game at Brisbane this year and I'll have to try and watch a bit on the TV at work. Revenge will be sweet ! :clap_hands:

BalDrick

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas? Hoping to be sent some work today or tomorrow as the missus and kids have gone to her mother's for 24 hours and I'm bored already.

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year? Self-employed sole trader so whatever I drink tonight in front of probably The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. That'll be bottles of Savannah cider then, to wash down Bombay Mix.

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period? None. People coming to us on 27th and 30th.

4) What is your main meal going to be on Christmas day? Turkey, sprouts etc - stacks. Then family walk afterwards to fart it all off to make room for Christmas cake.

5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years? Anything from mother-in-law.

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory? 5-0 Watford probably, though 1-0 Bristol (City?) through a should-have-been-serving-a-suspension Danny Cullip goal was good too.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

CorkedHat

Not applicable.

I was invited to my former firm's party on the Gold Coast but declined. Last year when I did this I became ill and didn't return home for three months'

Lobster with Mango and Avocado Mayonnaise washed down with a Burge Semillon

I can't remember. I am always grateful if anyone buys me anything. Like they say – it's the thought that counts

Boxing Day – when we put ten goals past Ipswich.
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

CorkedHat

Quote from: CorkedHat on December 22, 2010, 10:34:03 AM
Not applicable.

I was invited to my former firm's party on the Gold Coast but declined. Last year when I did this I became ill and didn't return home for three months'

Lobster with Mango and Avocado Mayonnaise washed down with a Burge Semillon

I can't remember. I am always grateful if anyone buys me anything. Like they say – it's the thought that counts

Boxing Day – when we put ten goals past Ipswich.

Sorry I forgot to say how far I am going. Just up the road and turn left -five minutes at the most
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Lighthouse

Quote from: White Noise on December 22, 2010, 10:09:11 AM

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas?        I don't. Used to work over Christmas and now don't have to but may well work from home if still work to finish.

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year?    It used be drunk people dancing or having a meal with people who didn't like each other. Although I did meet Ron Greenwood once  because he happened to be at a nearby table. Don't have one now.

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period?  4 at the most.

4) What is your main meal going to be on Christmas day?   Turkey and the trimmings and I may have Jelly and Mince Pies (not a fan of Xmas Pudding)

5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years?   If somebody bothered to give me a present I was always very grateful and honoured.

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory?  A match against Scum when we were both in the (old) Second Division at the Bridge.A whole crowd of us went up from the Coast and stood with the Fulham fans, even though some in the group were Scum fans. We lost but it was the last time a gang of us were able to get together.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mrska

1. Christmas Eve,   should all be done and dusted by 9am...

2. None.. a mince pie over a coffee.... magic..

3. Woking - Epsom Christmas Eve  -  Epsom - Wiltshire Christmas day....  Wiltshire - Woking 27th Decemeber  soo  i'd say   250 miles

4. Traditional Chritsmas Dinner....  my family are going out for Dunner this year... I'll be stuffing as many sprouts as i can get down my throat as possible..

5. Worst Christmas pressie was from an old boss.. 100 cigarettes...I DONT SMOKE..  mind you i flogged them so happy days..

6. I love the Boxing Day fixtures...  always a great buzz...  gutted i'm missing it this year.

JBH

1) Chrimbo Eve until Jan 4th

2) Full Dinner Dance at Hilton near Chichester, good food, great entertainment, plently of free wine and free transport too and from was an excellent night. (suffered all the next day though)

3) 50

4) The Traditional Christmas Dinner

5) Scissors Sisters CD (can't bloody stand then)

6) Any Boxing day at the cottage is special but beating Watford 5 - 0 was special  :wine:

CincyFulham1

1. Have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas day.

2. I have no idea since I work 3rd shift and can't go.

3. 180 miles and that is just to and from work for 3 days

4. Whatever I can be bothered to make to take to work.  Probably chicken and rice or spaghetti, possibly General Tso's chicken if the Chinese place is open.

5. Is there really any such thing as a bad gift?

6. Playing football in the snow with rest of the lads in the neighborhood when I was a kid.

Nick the Swede

Today in about an hour or so!

A party with several other companies with a fancy sit-down dinner and dancing. (Couldn't attend as my mate got married the same day)

Not sure about miles, but 7 hours on a ferry to and from the mainland and approx 300km driving.

Traditional Swedish X-mas buffée

No idea, been quite pleased over all.

Must be some crazy wintergame with the neighbourhood kids many, many years ago!
-"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

RidgeRider

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas? Thursday but I am already moving at half speed.

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year? I am self-employed so no party but am on the board of two foundations so I went to their parties, both of which were a great.

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period? Zero!!!!

4) What is your main meal going to be on Christmas day? Thanks to YankeeJim and duffbeer aka ClevelandMo I am going to be preparing a Ham (Maryland style) and a small prime rib since my daughter won't eat pork.

5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years? Somebody gave my a pocket change sorter.

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory? My favorite memory is my first Boxing Day watching football being played over there, from here. It was all very exciting. It reminded me of Thanksgiving days so long ago when I used to REALLY look forward and enjoy watching American football games on that day. Boxing day is still one of my favorite days because of it.

finnster01

1) What day do you finish work for Christmas?Unless there are fires to be put out, Christmas already came for me  :wine:

2) What did/will your works Christmas party consist of this year? Didn't have one. I decided against it. Wasn't good year for my business so it didn't feel right to throw one as there were layoffs.

3) How many miles are you going to be travelling over the Christmas period? Maybe 10-15, all up and down Manhattan

4) What is your main meal going to be on Christmas day? Seafood ceviche, Bouillabaisse, and New York Cheesecake. Ridge Monte Bello Chardonnay and Fonseca Vintage Port with the dessert. 

5) Whats the worst Christmas present you have had in recent years? Can't think of anyone real bad.

6) Whats your favourite Christmas period football memory? I'm in the Watford 5-0 camp.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

White Noise

I am loving how grateful and well mannered you all are. I would have loved Ridge Rider's pocket change sorter. That is the sort of thing I have looked at in the 'Innovations' catalogue and thought 'that will give me the edge of my fellow men'.  :59:

Lighthouse

Quote from: White Noise on December 22, 2010, 05:09:42 PM
I am loving how grateful and well mannered you all are. I would have loved Ridge Rider's pocket change sorter. That is the sort of thing I have looked at in the 'Innovations' catalogue and thought 'that will give me the edge of my fellow men'.  :59:

It IS very handy.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FatFreddysCat

That has reminded me i have one from the Science museam from a birthday or xmas, completely unopened, i think kaz got it for me, i dont believe in pretending to like things i dont so i of course told her it was poo. The logic behind this , after loads of crap dinners she done and i pretended i liked them i found i was getting the same dinner the week after, much better to say the immortal words that women hate " it's not like my mum makes it" .

finnster01

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on December 22, 2010, 09:50:58 PM
That has reminded me i have one from the Science museam from a birthday or xmas, completely unopened, i think kaz got it for me, i dont believe in pretending to like things i dont so i of course told her it was sh1t. The logic behind this , after loads of crap dinners she done and i pretended i liked them i found i was getting the same dinner the week after, much better to say the immortal words that women hate " it's not like my mum makes it" .
Or "My ex-wife used to make this wonderful pasta dish just for me..."
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead