more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFCTV Subscriptions

Started by ianthailand, August 04, 2021, 08:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ealex40

What a rip off.

I thought 120 quid, two years ago was just about fair, but to raise the price another 40% is obscene.

I'll watch a few of our games on ESPN+ and for another $5/month with Peacock TV (NBC), I'll stick to watching any premier match being played.

Matt10

You can still spend the $5 monthly, and avoid the world on match day - then watch the 90-min replay the next day. That's what I used to do at least. Spoilers are pretty easy to avoid when you stay off social media (and whatsapp for me) for 24 hours. Especially when we're in the championship.

Personally, I'm spending the $5 monthly, and paying the $15 on mach pass when games aren't on ESPN+.

love4ffc

Quote from: Matt10 on August 04, 2021, 09:10:27 PM
You can still spend the $5 monthly, and avoid the world on match day - then watch the 90-min replay the next day. That's what I used to do at least. Spoilers are pretty easy to avoid when you stay off social media (and whatsapp for me) for 24 hours. Especially when we're in the championship.

Personally, I'm spending the $5 monthly, and paying the $15 on mach pass when games aren't on ESPN+.

This is what I'm doing. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

ealex40

How does Match Pass work at $15 a time, figuring ESPN+ will only show us 6-8 times out of 46

Matt10

Quote from: ealex40 on August 04, 2021, 09:30:42 PM

How does Match Pass work at $15 a time, figuring ESPN+ will only show us 6-8 times out of 46

You are paying to watch it live at that time. If you don't pay for it live, you'll still have access to see it when it goes on the 90-minute replay. So technically, you can just pay $5 a month and still watch from abroad. Just a matter of what works best for you. Regarding ESPN+, yes I assume we'll be 10 max games featured on there.

General

Quote from: perry geyton on August 04, 2021, 08:34:51 PM
170 quid !!!!

It was less then a 100 the season before last if I remember right ?

Just highlighting the comment to make a point, not have a go at you but I'm honestly surprised that people didn't see this as the money grab scheme it was when it was initially floated.

Before the khan's came in and even up until maybe 3 years ago we got all video content (including highlights) on the website and pre and post match interviews and gentleman Jim commentary for free. Now suckers who didn't fight it then are being asked to fork out £170 and as far as I'm aware the service hasn't even been that reliable or good. It's embarrassing watching this club pull the fans trousers down and f**k them all so hard out of their hard earned money when the prices for season tickets etc and now even the new kits aren't event that cheap. On top of which since the khan's have come in we've had more sponsorship deals than I can remember.

We've gone from a relatively classy owner in Al Fayed (I didn't say perfect), but someone who valued fans and assured us quality in everything the club did, to owners who would do anything to make this club a cash cow for them - and they're doing it off you and when it needn't be that way either. Other clubs in the premiership and championship still offer free highlights and definitely offer video content.. creating that quality as part of what the club is about is all about building a relationship with the fan base and it offers opportunities for viral reach and new people to get to know the club.

£170 rules out people.. and is making fans the butt of the joke.

I'll say it again, fans need to have better representation if those who are dealing with the club just seem to accept these things and not have standards and bare minimums that are preserved like these things (not just talking about the matches).

And it becomes irrelevant as soon as you get into the premiership due to live streaming and highlights on sky and the BBC.

Club is so shoddily run these days compared to how it should and could and has been. Irks me.

Give it a couple of years and you'll be closing in on it costing 250£.. 10 years 500. They won't stop.

General

Quote from: Matt10 on August 04, 2021, 10:25:11 PM

You are paying to watch it live at that time. If you don't pay for it live, you'll still have access to see it when it goes on the 90-minute replay. So technically, you can just pay $5 a month and still watch from abroad. Just a matter of what works best for you. Regarding ESPN+, yes I assume we'll be 10 max games featured on there.

Didn't it used to be £4 /£5 a game just a year ago or so? Doubled already. All I see is complaints about the service not being good enough.

Matt10

Quote from: General on August 05, 2021, 12:45:14 AM

Didn't it used to be £4 /£5 a game just a year ago or so? Doubled already. All I see is complaints about the service not being good enough.

Yeah, something like that. iFollow also raised their prices as well, noting that it's based on local cost too.

I have zero complaints, and as someone who works in tech, I could find all the issues if the source was purely from the platform. Just like anything A/V streaming related, 90% of the time it comes from the end-user's specific set up.

If people have issue paying $240 a year, then just pay monthly as I've already explained what I do. I remember there was a time in which the 90-minute replay was all we got, and before that it was only highlights. The value is what you make of it.

ealex40

So apart from the 10 games (maybe), that leaves 36 games where to watch live, you'd be paying $15 a time, making it $540 for the season, plus 5 pounds/month commentary, plus $5/month espn+.....Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

perry geyton

Quote from: General on August 05, 2021, 12:43:18 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 04, 2021, 08:34:51 PM
170 quid !!!!

It was less then a 100 the season before last if I remember right ?

Just highlighting the comment to make a point, not have a go at you but I'm honestly surprised that people didn't see this as the money grab scheme it was when it was initially floated.

Before the khan's came in and even up until maybe 3 years ago we got all video content (including highlights) on the website and pre and post match interviews and gentleman Jim commentary for free. Now suckers who didn't fight it then are being asked to fork out £170 and as far as I'm aware the service hasn't even been that reliable or good. It's embarrassing watching this club pull the fans trousers down and f**k them all so hard out of their hard earned money when the prices for season tickets etc and now even the new kits aren't event that cheap. On top of which since the khan's have come in we've had more sponsorship deals than I can remember.

We've gone from a relatively classy owner in Al Fayed (I didn't say perfect), but someone who valued fans and assured us quality in everything the club did, to owners who would do anything to make this club a cash cow for them - and they're doing it off you and when it needn't be that way either. Other clubs in the premiership and championship still offer free highlights and definitely offer video content.. creating that quality as part of what the club is about is all about building a relationship with the fan base and it offers opportunities for viral reach and new people to get to know the club.

£170 rules out people.. and is making fans the butt of the joke.

I'll say it again, fans need to have better representation if those who are dealing with the club just seem to accept these things and not have standards and bare minimums that are preserved like these things (not just talking about the matches).

And it becomes irrelevant as soon as you get into the premiership due to live streaming and highlights on sky and the BBC.

Club is so shoddily run these days compared to how it should and could and has been. Irks me.

Give it a couple of years and you'll be closing in on it costing 250£
.. 10 years 500. They won't stop.

When it was free you didn't get to watch live matches, it was just highlights and replays if I remember right,

Now championship clubs are able to show live games in foreign countries so I'm definately not complaining, yes it seems a bit pricey but it works out about 5 quid a game which is actually quiet reasonable and I get to watch Fulham week in week out, home and away, so I'm def not complaining

You can't expect the club to give away everything as they are a business with a hell of a lot of overheads after all, Also take into consideration they've just a season with empty stadiums

Also the service worked fantastic my end no tech difficulties for me PLUS you Get to hear G Jim, someone's got to pay his wages after all

Matt10

Quote from: ealex40 on August 05, 2021, 03:49:39 AM

So apart from the 10 games (maybe), that leaves 36 games where to watch live, you'd be paying $15 a time, making it $540 for the season, plus 5 pounds/month commentary, plus $5/month espn+.....Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?

Again, that's based on your own value of watching the match live or not. I'm not going to argue or tell you what to do with your money. The value for me personally is watching Fulham and knowing that when I started watching online years ago I valued it so much that I'd be willing to pay more - and now that reality has come true. For me, I won't be able to watch every game live, so sometimes I'll be spending $15 a match, or I'll wait the next day, or I'll watch the replay on ESPN+ if it were broadcasted there. In addition, ESPN+ is such a good investment from a footy perspective. So many matches, and I'm a big Bundesliga fan. On top of that there's great Championship, Serie A, Eredivisie and MLS coverage.

So yes, the investment makes sense to me. I think of it like a way to contribute to the club monthly, afterall, it's given me so much over the years.

Deni On T'Crossbar

Quote from: Matt10 on August 05, 2021, 12:52:25 AM

Yeah, something like that. iFollow also raised their prices as well, noting that it's based on local cost too.

I have zero complaints, and as someone who works in tech, I could find all the issues if the source was purely from the platform. Just like anything A/V streaming related, 90% of the time it comes from the end-user's specific set up.

If people have issue paying $240 a year, then just pay monthly as I've already explained what I do. I remember there was a time in which the 90-minute replay was all we got, and before that it was only highlights. The value is what you make of it.

The club claimed they are charging the "minimum amount" they can for "live EFL products". And yet, a quick glance at other clubs suggests we are one of only three clubs charging that much. The average is £140 and 8 clubs charge about £125 (converted back to GBP from my local currency, AUD).

A full list is here:

ianthailand

Quote from: ealex40 on August 05, 2021, 03:49:39 AM

We don't have Championship Football on Thai Tv so i'll watch those matches not live on FFCTV on hesgoal.com (sometimes with buffering) and listen to GJ on FFCTV. Give it a try. Can be frustrating but heigh ho life's a bitch sometimes.

perry geyton

Quote from: Jono on August 05, 2021, 04:30:31 AM
Quote from: Matt10 on August 05, 2021, 12:52:25 AM

The club claimed they are charging the "minimum amount" they can for "live EFL products". And yet, a quick glance at other clubs suggests we are one of only three clubs charging that much. The average is £140 and 8 clubs charge about £125 (converted back to GBP from my local currency, AUD).

A full list is here:
Yeah well,  London real estate, new stadium, Swimming pool, Marco Silva etc.....

kiwian

I pay the 50 pound sub and avoid my laptop until 48 hours later them watch it, not bad value for all 46 games.
Is a dream a lie if it don't come true?

winterline

$295.90 CAD for a Championship season...

Last year I paid $150 CAD for the ENTIRE Premier League (every single game) plus other sports

Not paying for a new stand, streams it will be, good job FFC!

I wonder what other clubs are charging?

RaySmith

It's market led, so fans vote with their feet, or pockets.
If enough fans don't want to pay to get it, then prices will be reduced, or it will be abandoned.

But for years we got no live coverage of games, unless it was through radio updates or Ceefax, or some club phone line - and that was real rip off!

When GJ came along, I thought it was great, a Godsend for fans who  can't attend games.
It was free, but now we pay, but the  £5 monthly seems fair.

And now  we can actually watch some games through the club, and others through Sky etc, (different in the UK to abroad)- if we want to. Again it's market led.

For me, and I'm sure many others, the  difficult to fund expense, is actually attending games, the price of tickets. I remember when it was only a few bob to go to game, comparatively nothing like today even with the  rising cost of living, and that was right into the 80's.
But obviously enough people are able/willing to pay the prices

The Rational Fan

Fulham should try to get us much as possible from their rich overseas customers (live video), a little bit from their middle class fans (live audio and delayed video) and offer something to poorer fans (live score updates and written match report). I think three packages of £170 per year, £50 per year and £0 per year seem to meet that criteria. I am very happy with the deluxe package it's expensive but easily worth it and not overpriced at all.

gang

Quote from: fulhamtom on August 04, 2021, 08:48:02 PM
Can you help me. I am going to Berlin to see my daughter,  family and grandchildren at the end of August and because of having to be there to help with childcare I will miss the 2nd and 3rd home games. It looks like I could get my daughter to sign up on her computer and pay to watch the two games. I presume I can't do this as I am registered as bring in the UK. I also presume she would have to pay, or could we use my British Bank details.  Your advice would be gratefully appreciated.

She would need to pay with her bank account.

Dr Quinzel

Good to see the same old faces defending the club to the hilt - come on infrequently, but same old, same old.