more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa 🙄

Started by perry geyton, August 08, 2021, 05:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyfulham

Quote from: perry geyton on August 11, 2021, 02:50:37 PM
But Prince Zambo is untouchable and by far the best player in the football league by a country mile,
Why on earth would he lower his standards to the championship ? That leagues not good enough to clean his boots
I mean 1 goal and 1 assist with stats like that surely he's champions league

Any news ?
Has he buggered off yet ?

Jesus wept, Perry's found whiskey cabinet again.

BarryP

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 11, 2021, 03:39:37 PM
But Prince Zambo is untouchable and by far the best player in the football league by a country mile,
Why on earth would he lower his standards to the championship ? That leagues not good enough to clean his boots

Any news ?

Rumor is Perry is a pirate and pirates drink rum.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Nick Bateman

If the manager cannot motivate Anguissa then that is the MANAGER'S problem. I always compared Anguissa to Patrick Vieira and as has been stated, yes he sometimes plays within himself. However watching that shambles against the primitive tactics of Neil Warnock, Fulham needed someone with central midfield prescence, something Anguissa possesses.

One must take issue with some of the fickle Fulham fans who decry such a talented individual when we are playing juniors like Francois & Cavalho who opponents will eat for breakfast! Observe Mitrovic's effort and much as I am an admirer his work rate is woeful. Doubt if Anguissa can do less and one has to believe in a decent manager being able to get the most out of his players, otherwise Silva is not fit for purpose.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

cmg

Poor old Frank. I'm beginning to feel sorry for him now.
Not only is he regularly slagged off by a significant section of this board but now he is being compared, obviousy to his disadvantage, to one of the greatest midfielders of all time.
Other than both are tall (although Vieira even beats him by 3 inches there) and can be seen in midfield on a football pitch I can think of no other point of similarity.

Bottom line from the poster seems to be, if Silva can't turn Anguissa into Vieira he is useless at his job. Good luck with that one Marco. Perhaps he should try water into wine first.

perry geyton

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 11, 2021, 04:29:12 PM
If the manager cannot motivate Anguissa then that is the MANAGER'S problem. I always compared Anguissa to Patrick Vieira and as has been stated, yes he sometimes plays within himself. However watching that shambles against the primitive tactics of Neil Warnock, Fulham needed someone with central midfield prescence, something Anguissa possesses.

One must take issue with some of the fickle Fulham fans who decry such a talented individual when we are playing juniors like Francois & Cavalho who opponents will eat for breakfast! Observe Mitrovic's effort and much as I am an admirer his work rate is woeful. Doubt if Anguissa can do less and one has to believe in a decent manager being able to get the most out of his players, otherwise Silva is not fit for purpose.

Not the managers fault, get it into your head he thinks he's too good for the championship and Fulham.

Comparing him to a Patrick Vierrra now 🤣 oh dear

A Poor mans Etuhu more like

perry geyton

Quote from: BarryP on August 11, 2021, 04:02:13 PM

Any news ?

Stone cold sober lads

I never talk football when I'm drunk

BestOfBrede

Maybe extend that to never talking football?
Jesus man you're off again with stating made up stuff - unless you can prove any of it??
To say "Get it into your head" is so strange!
Prove it or shut up

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: General on August 11, 2021, 09:49:13 AM
Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 11, 2021, 09:38:24 AM
What do we know of Zambo's time at FFC?

He costs us a hell of a lot of money in salary & transfer fees.
He struggled to play at the desired level when he arrived in the PL
Parker reinstated him into the team during the final games in the PL and he showed some promise.
Its widely accepted he made it clear he didn't want to play in the EFL the following year.
He played for Villarreal on loan and by all accounts had a decent season, albeit in a less physical league.
He returned to FFC for another PL season and again showed some promise but only showed very occasional flashes of quality and never affected the results in a positive way.

He impresses when he steals the ball or keeps the ball under pressure in tight situations.
Too infrequently he uses his athleticism to carry the ball, when he does it excites but never delivers.
None of the above is done in area of the pitch that hurt the opposition throughout his time with us.
Considering what we get for the money its cost the club he can only be described as a big failure.

That's the basics as far as I'm concerned but can anyone show I'm wrong?

I mean that's quite easy to do.

Don't you remember against Leeds at Elland Road where with the ball he shrugged off kalvin Phillips (who played every game getting England to the euro finals this summer), then played a perfectly weighted pass to BDR who subsequently scored.

And before you say that's it and he doesn't do anything else because it's the easy default to go to and you can't be bothered to check, because you've clearly missed a pretty obvious example, you may actually be inclined to check videos - not stats - and see what he did offer. Because he obviously did offer stuff and your suggestion he didn't and resting on laurels where there are obvious examples suggests you're more inclined to go with information that reaffirms your confirmation bias over actual objectivity and facts.

I guess I was generalising and guilty of not listing every positive play he initiated during the season.
Your observation about his contribution in the Leeds game is totally correct as are one or 2 other posters comments but isn't that the problem.
He has all the tools in the box but rarely does he bother to take them out and use them to the teams benefit.

I'm sure there are even a few more examples of his achievements in games if we think a bit hard enough but is that really enough for a player of his undoubted ability.

The odd times during the season he was "at it" he's was a classy player and this isn't a hatchet job on him but he simply never did enough over the season.
I don't know about you but I saw many of the games live home and away and unlike on TV you see the big picture and if a player is going to be lazy you have to deliver big time in other ways and he didn't.

But hey! that's my opinion and others may think otherwise.

simplyfulham

Quote from: perry geyton on August 11, 2021, 06:23:54 PM

Any news ?

Stone cold sober lads

If that's the truth then you've got a lot of explaining to do.

Nick Bateman

I don't recall Anguissa stating he is too good for the championship nor that he will not play for Fulham. According to a very dodgy website he may have a desire to leave the club, but Fulham have him in a 2 year contract with an option for a further year. We are in the driving seat in any contract negotions.

I compare him to Vieira, he may not be as good but one cannot deny the similarity. Anguissa has shown some incredible close control skills when our team was floundering in the EPL, and Parker would drop him for no good reason at all.

Last weekend, I watched two juniors playing in central midfield against Warnock's thuggish marauders - they didn't stand a chance and in this very physical league they will continue to struggle. And it's not as if Fulham are bursting at the seams with prolific talent; again last weekend even the subs looked weak!!

This is where a good manager can make the most of his squad and convince players like Anguissa that he is in his plans. Look at the desire of others, yet they still walk into Fulham's squad and then walk around the pitch as though they are entitled. Anguissa was given a bad shake of the deal last season and he can shine in this division if played.

Let's face it, would you rather be struggling near the bottom in the EPL losing virtually every week with relegation almost a certainty, or winning at the top of the Championship with promotion almost GUARANTEED? I think you all know the answer.

simplyfulham

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 11, 2021, 07:11:51 PM

Parker reinstated him into the team during the final games in the PL and he showed some promise.
Its widely accepted he made it clear he didn't want to play in the EFL the following year.
He played for Villarreal on loan and by all accounts had a decent season, albeit in a less physical league.
He returned to FFC for another PL season and again showed some promise but only showed very occasional flashes of quality and never affected the results in a positive way.

He impresses when he steals the ball or keeps the ball under pressure in tight situations.
Too infrequently he uses his athleticism to carry the ball, when he does it excites but never delivers.
None of the above is done in area of the pitch that hurt the opposition throughout his time with us.
Considering what we get for the money its cost the club he can only be described as a big failure.

Don't you remember against Leeds at Elland Road where with the ball he shrugged off kalvin Phillips (who played every game getting England to the euro finals this summer), then played a perfectly weighted pass to BDR who subsequently scored.

And before you say that's it and he doesn't do anything else because it's the easy default to go to and you can't be bothered to check, because you've clearly missed a pretty obvious example, you may actually be inclined to check videos - not stats - and see what he did offer. Because he obviously did offer stuff and your suggestion he didn't and resting on laurels where there are obvious examples suggests you're more inclined to go with information that reaffirms your confirmation bias over actual objectivity and facts.

I guess I was generalising and guilty of not listing every positive play he initiated during the season.
Your observation about his contribution in the Leeds game is totally correct as are one or 2 other posters comments but isn't that the problem.
He has all the tools in the box but rarely does he bother to take them out and use them to the teams benefit.

I'm sure there are even a few more examples of his achievements in games if we think a bit hard enough but is that really enough for a player of his undoubted ability.

The odd times during the season he was "at it" he's was a classy player and this isn't a hatchet job on him but he simply never did enough over the season.
I don't know about you but I saw many of the games live home and away and unlike on TV you see the big picture and if a player is going to be lazy you have to deliver big time in other ways and he didn't.

By and large that seems to be a fair assessment of big Frank.

He came into the professional game relatively late, by modern standards. I think he moved to France and into a professional academy structure at 18 or 19?

He's only 25 now so where most 25yos in the Premier League have been in academy set ups for roughly 10 years or so, he's a few years behind. I think that's what shows in these fits and starts we see from him, coming in and out of matches at times.

His casual-looking performances partly due to the way he learned how to play in Yaounde. He'll probably get to top one day but it's not looking very likely he'll be doing that with us.

General

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 11, 2021, 07:11:51 PM

He was 22 when he joined us and is now 25, with his birthday in November. The season before he joined he got to the europa league final with marseille and was a starter. In my eyes any lack of progress since then is due to poor coaching and management from our side. You can't expect a 23 Yr old to be the finished article, you've got to push him to improve.

In the three years he's been with us we've had hatchet squad which have never been decent enough you could argue and competitive enough. Last season we had a good defence but no attack, season before we were in the championship (he stayed last season to play) and his first season we had a shocking defence. That would handicap any decent player. Last seasons mistakes I blame Tony Khan for leaving recruitment so late, batching the fees we pay and parkers limited ability to manage properly or vary his tactics over any one players fault  there were fine margins between us being Good enough to stay up last season vs going down and with a better more experienced manager we would have stayed up.

Anguissas stats during last season too were constantly referred to in regards to successful dribbles and passing and tackles as the best in the squad and some of the top in the entire league. He shouldn't be a scapegoat.

I imagine it is epically demoralising to push yourself to get to the professional standard where you're playing a European final aged 22 to going to a team that has been as poor as we have the last three seasons.

Takes a village to build a person.. our village has been useless.

perry geyton

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 11, 2021, 06:29:00 PM
Jesus man you're off again with stating made up stuff - unless you can prove any of it??
Prove it or shut up
You come across as a very angry man

perry geyton

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 11, 2021, 07:12:05 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 11, 2021, 06:23:54 PM

Any news ?

Stone cold sober lads

If that's the truth then you've got a lot of explaining to do.
Valid !

TC's Sporran

well ive just read on a website linking him to a move to villa that he refused to play in the championship last time round and
went out on loan to Villarreal. it hints that the same thing is happening this season and he could be an undiscovered star player for someone willing to take a gamble

BestOfBrede

Quote from: perry geyton on August 11, 2021, 08:20:49 PM
Prove it or shut up
I'm not Perry...
But blimey mate can't you just admit that you can't stand Zambo and made up this other stuff?
There have been a many a player that I have disliked but I've never stated stuff that I've made up or taken from Twitter or such like!
Anyway, let's leave it there Perry - I just have a thing about negativity towards FFC full stop and, as already stated, am neither here or there if he goes as long as Fulham gain!

Nick Bateman

Quote from: TC's Sporran on August 11, 2021, 08:55:33 PM
well ive just read on a website linking him to a move to villa that he refused to play in the championship last time round and
went out on loan to Villarreal. it hints that the same thing is happening this season and he could be an undiscovered star player for someone willing to take a gamble

Why should Fulham help Villa? If they pay the price for someone on a 2 year contract with an option for 3 and he is a superb strong, skillful central midfielder who would be a good replacement for Jack Grealish then we might listen. Considering they received £100million for Jack, they have plenty of filthy lucre to wet one's whistle, and only if it makes sense to the Fulham hierachy and have a replacement in view.

perry geyton

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 11, 2021, 09:24:07 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on August 11, 2021, 08:20:49 PM
Prove it or shut up
I'm not Perry...
But blimey mate can't you just admit that you can't stand Zambo and made up this other stuff?
There have been a many a player that I have disliked but I've never stated stuff that I've made up or taken from Twitter or such like!
Anyway, let's leave it there Perry - I just have a thing about negativity towards FFC full stop and, as already stated, am neither here or there if he goes as long as Fulham gain!

I've already admitted that I've disliked Zambo like a 1000 times, I've never rated him and never will

I love FFC too, that's precisely my point and Zambo clearly doesn't and that precisely why I want us to get shot of him

Ive made nothing up it's been clearly stated that he does NOT want to play us

It really can't get any clearer then that

Moltobueno

Quote from: Nick Bateman on August 11, 2021, 04:29:12 PM

Yes, let's keep changing managers because one player isn't motivated.

MickyAdamsFamily

General, Nick B and simplyfulham, I generally agree with your well considered pieces above, thanks.
The level of vitriol and fact-free diatribes on this thread is really depressing. I understand that some people (including the o.p.) seem to enjoy playing the panto villain, but c'mon.
I'm upset that Anguissa is likely to go this window, as I would've liked him to commit himself to getting us back to the Premiership, and I think that if used properly he can be an incredibly impactful player, but if he's expressed his desire to move elsewhere, then we should extract maximum value for him, to balance the books and fund a couple of appropriate reinforcements. It's easy to blame Frank for this situation, but in truth it's probably mutually beneficial, and something that Fulham might've been forced to do eventually, even if Frank had wanted to stay.
If it wasn't so demoralizing and pathetic, it would be quite humorous to read all of these posts slagging off Anguissa as useless, or not fit to wear the shirt, or the seemingly endless pile of cliches like "flatters to deceive" and "no end product".
Doesn't it seem odd that Anguissa is by far and away our most valuable player if he's so terrible? Probably only Mitro is valued within 10mil of him (I also think Mitro's value may have plummeted due to his poor last season). It's funny that all these professional football people, whose job it is to evaluate players and spend real, actual money on them, put such a high value on Anguissa, but a small group of amateur, armchair enthusiasts can see the real truth of his worthlessness. As for a nice comparison of his relative value, Declan Rice, who was widely creamed over, and who most think is a nailed on starter for England for the foreseeable future, is valued at well over 50mil. He has scored 5 goals in his 178 total appearances for West Ham, a rate of 1 every 36 games, and his 6 total assists gives him only a slightly better rate. Essentially 1 goal and 1 assist per season. Where are the cries of "no end product"?
Silva prefers a formation of playing a "double pivot", with 2 defensive midfielders anchoring behind a central attacking midfielder. This formation was also very often used by Parker, (and Southgate, too, with Rice and Phillips as the pivots). Btw, Kalvin Phillips has a slightly higher goal rate of 12 scored in 212 appearances, but still less than 2 per season (and he's valued at close to 40mil). When playing this system, either of the pivots has the ability to surge forwards in support of the attack as the opportunity arises, and the other hangs back to cover. In our case, it was more often Anguissa who took (created, actually) those forward runs, and Reed who hung back. They are a very complementary pair, and I, for one, will be sorry to see them broken up.
That said, if we can get someone like Grimes to play alongside Reed, I would be more than satisfied. The worry is who would play the Cairney role in front of them at present (as he's injured) and in the future (as he'll likely be rotated over 46 games to give his knee a rest). I wonder if that might be Wilson or Carvalho, or potentially someone new?
I'm excited to see how Silva sets the team up and gets them playing. He also seems to be more actively involved in recruitment, and hopefully we'll see the Muniz saga reach fruition soon.
I'm actually really looking forward to the possibilities this season.