watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Messy Messi

Started by blingo, August 09, 2021, 05:31:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

If he loves Barca so much and Barca are in trouble, why doen't he play two seasons for them at 25k pw to cover his living expenses? His last contract with them earned him 120+ MILLION EUROS, so it's not like he needs the money is it? Crocodile tears and watch him smile and kiss the psg badge when he scores for them.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: blingo on August 09, 2021, 05:31:52 PM
If he loves Barca so much and Barca are in trouble, why doen't he play two seasons for them at 25k pw to cover his living expenses? His last contract with them earned him 120+ MILLION EUROS, so it's not like he needs the money is it? Crocodile tears and watch him smile and kiss the psg badge when he scores for them.

Strangely, I don't think he's allowed to - something to do with signing a new contract..... I read it somewhere

Craven Mad

Barca are so far over the wage cap that they aren't allowed to sign anyone right now. As Messi's contract expired, he counts as a new player - as such, even for free (or £0 per week) he wouldn't be allowed to play for Barca anymore.

blingo

He's crying for a club that his wage demands have helped put them in a disastrous situation.

simplyfulham

Quote from: blingo on August 09, 2021, 05:57:52 PM
He's crying for a club that his wage demands have helped put them in a disastrous situation.

He will have helped Barca earn 3x his contract in sponsorship, ticket sales, merchandise, viewing figures etc.

blingo

No player is worth what he was paid

Statto

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 09, 2021, 06:01:36 PM

He will have helped Barca earn 3x his contract in sponsorship, ticket sales, merchandise, viewing figures etc.

Really? It's Barcelona, not Nuneaton Borough. They were a pretty big club even before Messi came along IIRC.

I agree with others, his salary has got to a ridiculous level, totally detached from any sense of value or reality... and the fact he evidently feels so entitled to that level of pay that he thinks he's got no option but to leave, just goes to show how warped his own sense of reality has become, to the extent I genuinely believe he must have some form of psychosis.

Ronaldo is the real GOAT having gone and done the business for several different clubs in all the top leagues, without an entire league conspiring to ensure his success

simplyfulham

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2021, 11:49:24 PM

Really? It's Barcelona, not Nuneaton Borough. They were a pretty big club even before Messi came along IIRC.

I agree with others, his salary has got to a ridiculous level, totally detached from any sense of value or reality... and the fact he evidently feels so entitled to that level of pay that he thinks he's got no option but to leave, just goes to show how warped his own sense of reality has become, to the extent I genuinely believe he must have some form of psychosis.

Ronaldo is the real GOAT having gone and done the business for several different clubs in all the top leagues, without an entire league conspiring to ensure his success

I'm trying to work out which is more ludicrous.

Your mental health assessment of a man you've never met or the suggestion Ronaldo is better than Messi?

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 10, 2021, 12:15:51 AM

Your mental health assessment of a man you've never met or the suggestion Ronaldo is better than Messi?

Ronaldo is better than Messi.
Hes been the best player at the biggest club of three different leagues and he's won more at international level.
Messi is an exceptionally good player, but Ronaldo has proven he's better all round.

What I dont get about Messi is, he put in a written transfer request last season to broker himself a better contract, and now he's heart broken to be leaving. Heart broken they've finally had enough and said no more like.
Still, €25 million a year AFTER tax isn't bad.

ianthailand

+1 Ronaldo better than Messi but don't forget Pele or even George Best especially with the pitches they played on.

southwest6

On pure technical ability, Ronaldo is half the player Messi is imo. However, it's hard to disagree with Ronaldo being the GOAT given his record in three top european leagues. I have so much respect for him!

MartyFFC

He's leaving because of greed, and so that tearful display was a bit of a joke to be honest

simplyfulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 10, 2021, 03:35:22 AM

Hes been the best player at the biggest club of three different leagues and he's won more at international level.
Messi is an exceptionally good player, but Ronaldo has proven he's better all round.

What I dont get about Messi is, he put in a written transfer request last season to broker himself a better contract, and now he's heart broken to be leaving. Heart broken they've finally had enough and said no more like.

Argentina won the Copa America in the summer so they've now won the same amount of major international tournaments, so that argument doesn't hold much water any more.

The different teams thing, just isn't that big of a deal. I'm not knocking it, Ronaldo is an unreal player and probably is the 2nd best player to have played the game. He's a wonderful player who's had a great career, but you'd half expect him to be the best player at any club he went to.

We don't really do "cold windy Tuesday in Stoke" argument in any other sport.

Last season Barcelona were awful for the first half of the season. Messi's performances dragged them into a title race in the second half to finish 3rd. Juventus finished in 4th place 14 points.

For me, Messi is able to make the players around him better which is what gives him the edge as the better player.

The transfer request last season was brinksmanship. The club has been run into the ground (Messi's contract being a pretty good example) and the transfer request helped to get the President to stand down.

HamsterWheel

Just a shame for the poor lad that he isn't signing for Man City where he would have a chance (if picked) to play at The Cottage next season. Bit of a dampener on an otherwise half decent career that....

blingo

Quote from: HamsterWheel on August 10, 2021, 09:43:54 AM
Just a shame for the poor lad that he isn't signing for Man City where he would have a chance (if picked) to play at The Cottage next season. Bit of a dampener on an otherwise half decent career that....

He's not worthy Mr H.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: simplyfulham on August 10, 2021, 09:27:17 AM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 10, 2021, 03:35:22 AM

Argentina won the Copa America in the summer so they've now won the same amount of major international tournaments, so that argument doesn't hold much water any more.

The different teams thing, just isn't that big of a deal. I'm not knocking it, Ronaldo is an unreal player and probably is the 2nd best player to have played the game. He's a wonderful player who's had a great career, but you'd half expect him to be the best player at any club he went to.

We don't really do "cold windy Tuesday in Stoke" argument in any other sport.

Last season Barcelona were awful for the first half of the season. Messi's performances dragged them into a title race in the second half to finish 3rd. Juventus finished in 4th place 14 points.

For me, Messi is able to make the players around him better which is what gives him the edge as the better player.

The transfer request last season was brinksmanship. The club has been run into the ground (Messi's contract being a pretty good example) and the transfer request helped to get the President to stand down.

Look at the players Messihas had around him; Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Suarez. Tell me a player that wouldn't bang in goals with them passing them the ball.
Ronaldo had Tom Cleverly at one point.
The English has been mentioned by many players that it's the hardest in Europe at least and Ronaldo tore it up for several seasons. He's broken records in the champions league etc.
Messi is too scared to go to a difficult league, hence why he's chosen the biggest and best club in a farmers league like France.

FWIW, I'm not under estimating Messis ability, he's an exceptional player. Just hasn't been proven elsewhere.

Zoppa77

You are either in Messi or CR7 camp & will argue for your player. We will probably never again see such talent on the football field. Each have shown amazing skill, durability & composure in the most stressful situations. Living in Oz, I set my alarm for 2 am to watch CR7 not Messi. Something about the guy is wrong. Perhaps because Barca spent 10 years building a team around him to make him the best player & his response is 'see ya, I'm off for even more $ because u now can't buy players (because of me being a selfish piece of ....). Both brilliant players, both not brilliant human beings. How much $ do u need. Perhaps time to give back to those who made u who u are. Yes I know they both contribute to charity & build hospitals but that being on their accountants advise.
PSG will not win anything of significance until ligue1 is improved. They couldn't even win their local league despite $ spent. Beating local teams 4:0 means zero when u come up against 'real opposition'. Good luck Lionel, enjoy counting your euros.
My alarm set to watch CR7!!!

Blawarmy

Ronaldo is the complete player.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Zoppa77 on August 11, 2021, 02:33:23 PM
You are either in Messi or CR7 camp & will argue for your player. We will probably never again see such talent on the football field. Each have shown amazing skill, durability & composure in the most stressful situations. Living in Oz, I set my alarm for 2 am to watch CR7 not Messi. Something about the guy is wrong. Perhaps because Barca spent 10 years building a team around him to make him the best player & his response is 'see ya, I'm off for even more $ because u now can't buy players (because of me being a selfish piece of ....). Both brilliant players, both not brilliant human beings. How much $ do u need. Perhaps time to give back to those who made u who u are. Yes I know they both contribute to charity & build hospitals but that being on their accountants advise.
PSG will not win anything of significance until ligue1 is improved. They couldn't even win their local league despite $ spent. Beating local teams 4:0 means zero when u come up against 'real opposition'. Good luck Lionel, enjoy counting your euros.

A Portuguese colleague who was born and bought up in a town now far from CR7 told me the following story.
When Ronaldo was growing up and playing football in the youth teams etc, there was him and another forward that were basically miles better than everyone else. They knew the scout from Porto was coming this particular day, but they had been told that the club only had space for one of them due to some restriction or other. Anyway, they both tore up the match playing out of their skins but the teams were drawing. Late in the game Ronaldo and the other player were baring down on goal when he passed the ball to set up Ronaldo who scored the winning goal, whereby he was signed by Porto, and the rest being history. Ronaldo was so thankful for this guy passing the ball and giving him the life he has, that he has ensured he's never had to work in his life. Bought him his house etc.

Ronaldo also doesn't have tattoos because he gives blood regularly and doesn't want to stop.

I'm led to believe he is an exceptionally generous human.

simplyfulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on August 11, 2021, 10:06:03 PM
Quote from: Zoppa77 on August 11, 2021, 02:33:23 PM

A Portuguese colleague who was born and bought up in a town now far from CR7 told me the following story.
When Ronaldo was growing up and playing football in the youth teams etc, there was him and another forward that were basically miles better than everyone else. They knew the scout from Porto was coming this particular day, but they had been told that the club only had space for one of them due to some restriction or other. Anyway, they both tore up the match playing out of their skins but the teams were drawing. Late in the game Ronaldo and the other player were baring down on goal when he passed the ball to set up Ronaldo who scored the winning goal, whereby he was signed by Porto, and the rest being history. Ronaldo was so thankful for this guy passing the ball and giving him the life he has, that he has ensured he's never had to work in his life. Bought him his house etc.

Ronaldo also doesn't have tattoos because he gives blood regularly and doesn't want to stop.

I'm led to believe he is an exceptionally generous human.

Not having a pop but - It does have a whiff of folk tale that does. Partly because he's never signed for Porto in his career.