watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team for Huddersfield

Started by Facts Not Fiction, August 11, 2021, 01:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

With Reed out, the suggestion above that we play Odoi in CM is no longer looking like a typo or whacky idea. If one player (Francois or Onomah) were to pick up a knock, Odoi is probably next in line. What a shambles that yet again we've started a season with key positions just not filled.

Lordedmundo

I think there are two problems at the moment that need to be resolved. The first is that we have a big squad and need to shift players before we have the budget to get more in.  I think if we can conclude permanent deals for Anguissa, Seri and AK - then we will be in much better shape.

I'm then expecting two incoming centre midfielders (maybe one of whom will be on loan), assumng that Muniz is on the way.

The second problem are the players that seem to have regular/persistent injuries. In midfield it seems that Reed has the former and Cairney the latter. We really need quality (like for like) replacements for those two to get us through the season. Then we have Mawson and Kongolo - two potential Premier League quality centre halves, but one (Mawson) has suffered a serious knee injury in each of the last three seasons and the other never manages to get fit for more than 1-2 games. This problem impacts the first - in that we are probably retaining inferior players (like Le Marchand) because we don't know if we can rely on them.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Statto on August 13, 2021, 01:56:54 PM
With Reed out, the suggestion above that we play Odoi in CM is no longer looking like a typo or whacky idea. If one player (Francois or Onomah) were to pick up a knock, Odoi is probably next in line. What a shambles that yet again we've started a season with key positions just not filled.

I would say that Bryan should come into central midfield in that scenario. He played there a few times for Bristol City - I'm not sure Odoi ever has...