watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a difference

Started by Pluto, August 14, 2021, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pluto

What a difference from the dire days of Parkerball. I know it's early days and the opposition were rubbish but it's already clear that Silva is leagues above as a manager.

They pull a goal back? We go out and score two. Lead a half time? We are all over them for a fourth and hit the cross bar. Unfair red card? Keep pressing and immediately score again. One minute left of injury time with ten men? We go and score a fifth!

If this was Parker he would have had the entire team behind the ball and passing sideways for 75 minutes of the match. Really drives home what a poor manager he was. Dare I say, if we had Silva last season we would have stayed up.

We looked class today and absolutely miles better than the opposition. COYW!  049:gif

General

100%. Just goes to show how bad Parker is when compared to a manager who's got to the premiership on management alone and developing their own attacking style.

A promising start, but can we keep it going?

Caedal

100% correct. Silva looks a class act

H3Matt

If that was Parker's Fulham he'd have put 2 CBs on at half-time! What a performance and what an attitude from the squad. Love it.

roberto w6

What a breath of fresh air.
I only managed to get the last half-hour but I was looking at a team being positive, progressive and trying to win.
The refereeing looked diabolical and I hope that Thomas character gets the welcome he deserves when they come to ours.
The red card was a bad decision but what a fantastic never-say-die attitude as we continued to press with 10 men.
So delighted for Cav. He took both goals superbly and I hope that boosts his confidence after the frustration of being played out of position last year.
COYW

Statto

Yep exactly. Under Parker we'd have been defending a narrow lead when Wilson got sent off, they'd have equalised and we'd be defending Parker saying we were robbed by the ref.

Deeping_white

It's just nice to see us get the ball wide quickly and make a conscious decision to attack the full backs because it worked time and time again. Also nice to see that it looks like we've worked out how we can drop Mitro deeper to take the ball into feet and get the wingers to bomb past him for a give & go like we did for the fifth goal.

Shoutout to Onomah too because I considered him a depth CM option and he's actually looked really good so far + Seri looked solid today too so overall that was a really good confidence boost for the team that has several players to come into it and make it stronger (which is an exciting prospect in itself)

perry geyton

Players look happy 😃

Mitro set up for Cavs last goal was brilliant

Lighthouse

Quote from: H3Matt on August 14, 2021, 05:06:50 PM
If that was Parker's Fulham he'd have put 2 CBs on at half-time! What a performance and what an attitude from the squad. Love it.

We would certainly have done that when down to ten men.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Black, White and Fred

This tweet sums up the difference in approach completely:

@JamieVaide
·
3-1 up with fifteen minutes to go and we have a man sent off. Great - we're going to put on defenders and try and park the bus.

What's that? Put on three attacking players and score two more goals?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Andy S

A confidence booster for the fans as well and far better than a 2-0. It's made my weekend.

MartyFFC

Even when we got promoted under Parker I was bored senseless; talk about a breath of fresh air

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Pluto on August 14, 2021, 05:01:30 PM
What a difference from the dire days of Parkerball. I know it's early days and the opposition were rubbish but it's already clear that Silva is leagues above as a manager.

They pull a goal back? We go out and score two. Lead a half time? We are all over them for a fourth and hit the cross bar. Unfair red card? Keep pressing and immediately score again. One minute left of injury time with ten men? We go and score a fifth!

If this was Parker he would have had the entire team behind the ball and passing sideways for 75 minutes of the match. Really drives home what a poor manager he was. Dare I say, if we had Silva last season we would have stayed up.

We looked class today and absolutely miles better than the opposition. COYW!  049:gif

:plus one:

Been saying it a while.
If you don't score you can't win.
Hopefully our style has turned the corner with Silva in charge.

COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Two matches with our new manager and we have ended the goal drought, are top of the table and the feel good factor is back.

Early days but we couldn't have expected more.

Deeping_white

?s=21

Silva has managed something in 2 games that even the supreme Tigana team couldn't do so I think that's the contrast in style showing up fairly quickly

Plodder

Pity some people can't delight in a tremendous day for us without a dose of Parker bashing.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Plodder on August 14, 2021, 06:35:47 PM
Pity some people can't delight in a tremendous day for us without a dose of Parker bashing.

Although it has to be said this is the same side that Parker had bar the keeper and player who was sent off. It would be fair comment to say that we would have behaved under Parker very differently with ten men.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Plodder

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2021, 06:46:00 PM

Although it has to be said this is the same side that Parker had bar the keeper and player who was sent off. It would be fair comment to say that we would have behaved under Parker very differently with ten men.

I disagree, but I am not going to argue about it, because then I would be perpetuating the very thing which I think is pointless. The Parker bashing is done to validate judgements already reached.  Parker has gone.  People are entitled to ignore me and keep posting what they like about him, but I am entitled to request the tiresome and pointless Parker bashing to stop.

It has one silver lining. A reminder that it is time for me to take a break from this forum for a while and do something more constructive with my precious free time. No doubt I shall be lured back eventually.

Pluto

Quote from: Plodder on August 14, 2021, 06:58:38 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2021, 06:46:00 PM

I disagree, but I am not going to argue about it, because then I would be perpetuating the very thing which I think is pointless. The Parker bashing is done to validate judgements already reached.  Parker has gone.  People are entitled to ignore me and keep posting what they like about him, but I am entitled to request the tiresome and pointless Parker bashing to stop.

It has one silver lining. A reminder that it is time for me to take a break from this forum for a while and do something more constructive with my precious free time. No doubt I shall be lured back eventually.

Are you his mate or something? For some reason you seem to take any mention of Parker on here incredibly personally? Obviously people are going to compare the tactics and approach of the new manager to the one we had a couple of months ago, now we are able to see Silva's approach for the first time. We were not successful under Parker, whereas today we won 5-1, so naturally those comments are not going to be favourable towards Parker.

You're welcome to navigate to a different thread and just not comment, but don't pretend like it's not a perfectly valid discussion.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 14, 2021, 05:48:23 PM
Even when we got promoted under Parker I was bored senseless; talk about a breath of fresh air

Me too. We were one of the worst promoted teams I could remember. So different this season, loving it.