more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wilson red card

Started by Tabby, August 14, 2021, 05:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianthailand

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on August 14, 2021, 06:16:36 PM
From watching the stream it does look like he makes a second movement but could be more making a meal of the foul he received and just unlucky to catch the player, who produced his own Oscar worthy performance
That's what i think. He certainly wasn't looking at the opponent as he clutched his (injured ?) leg.

Bill2

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2021, 05:27:38 PM
The reports certainly say that the tackle seemed fair and Wilson kicked out. But haven't seen any of it yet.
According to a report the Huddersfield player hot booked for the tackle. The kick out was pathetic, similar to the one Beckham got sent off for against Renaldo.

Arthur

Am I right in thinking our Cup match against Birmingham will count as one of his three matches? If so, in effect, it reduces the punishment to a two-game ban in my opinion.

General

Quote from: Bill2 on August 15, 2021, 12:29:51 PM
The reports certainly say that the tackle seemed fair and Wilson kicked out. But haven't seen any of it yet.
According to a report the Huddersfield player hot booked for the tackle. The kick out was pathetic, similar to the one Beckham got sent off for against Renaldo.

Slightly different in my opinion. Beckham was lying on his front in a world cup game, was overegging it hugely and clearly not affected and then felt the player and did a very stupid and obvious kick out when everyone's eyes were on him. He looked more like he was just having a restful lie on the ground up until that point.

The Huddersfield tackle was a bit more aggressive and into the boards on Wilson and he had gone down as quickly as he had kicked out. It was stupid, shouldn't have happened but not as pointless or wasteful as Beckham. Also against Argentina we were in a much closer game, had the chance to do well in a cup competition and that floored the momentum we had.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: f321ffc on August 14, 2021, 06:09:46 PM
The tackle wasn't fair as we got a free kick from it.

He definitely stomped Wilson's foot and Wilson kicked out afterwards.

It is what eventually happens with poor officiating. The players start doling out punishment to each other. Wilson needs to remain more disciplined, but a couple yellow cards to a clearly frustrated and overmatched Terriers side would have prevented the entire incident.

Welcome back to Championship officiating.

Luka

If I was Wilsons defence lawyer I'd suggest that Wilson thought the Huddersfield  player was going to fall on top of him.
He put his legs up to deflect him away thus avoiding further injury after a confirmed "yellow card" foul.

Simple and utterly believable !!

millsy

Think it was Simione not Ronaldo

MickyAdamsFamily

So, will we appeal the red card decision? How does the appeal process actually work? If we appeal and are unsuccessful, is there some additional penalty, like an extension of the ban for another game? If there's no additional penalty, wouldn't every team always appeal all their cards? Just wondering...

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on August 15, 2021, 01:48:10 PM
So, will we appeal the red card decision? How does the appeal process actually work? If we appeal and are unsuccessful, is there some additional penalty, like an extension of the ban for another game? If there's no additional penalty, wouldn't every team always appeal all their cards? Just wondering...

You will only get an additional game added on if unsuccessful in the panel feel it was a frivolous appeal. I do not think this would be classed as frivolous as there are genuine questions about it

cmg

Having viewed the footage I'd not think there are many grounds for appeal, despite it seeming a harsh reaction from a referee who had lost control of the situation and been influenced by the intervention of a 4th official who seemed keen to make his mark.
The instant 'appeal' reaction seems to be the product of our favourite commentators who often gave the impression they were viewing proceedings from Macclesfield rather than Huddersfield. The commentry on Onomah's goal (a rather neatly worked move, assisted, as is often the case, by some weak defending) is a comical example.

Bill2

Quote from: millsy on August 15, 2021, 01:24:59 PM
Think it was Simione not Ronaldo
Agree, I was getting mixed up the Rooney/Ronaldo situation.

ron

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 14, 2021, 05:30:52 PM
Quote from: Pluto on August 14, 2021, 05:30:03 PM
I don't think it was deliberate. He was caught hard in the original challenge by Thomas (who should have received a red on multiple occasions). His head is in the turf grimacing in pain and he has no way of seeing where their player is, let alone an ability to aim a kick. I think it's just that he clipped him with the ankle slightly when he was writhering around in pain. Of course Thomas made a meal of it, probably to avoid getting sent off himself.

Shambolic refereeing all game really.

undoubtedly

Totally agree too.

Lighthouse

What slightly concerns me is when there was clearly a problem as the players began to argue and push each other. The referee decided to approach and was told by one of their players something who then mimed the kicking foot. The referee then waits until everything has clamed down and Wilson is ready to come back on after treatment and then shows the red card for maximum affect.

The referee I think seemed confused and was trying to play act his way out of it. On saying that that referee will be protected and it is best to grin and get on with it.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ron

I wonder if the ref's performance reflects the briefing that they get for officiating in this division, or whether he, as I suspect, was just crap for allowing what was a team of typical northern cloggers to try to overwhelm class.

I remember when we were in the Prem a while ago when Arsenal players advised the ref what his decision should be to our cost. It seems as if the same kind of thing happened on Saturday.

Am I bitter? After seeing the Huddersfield fans streaming out long before the end....?

.....Nah !!!!

Nero

Quote from: ron on August 15, 2021, 07:54:58 PM
I wonder if the ref's performance reflects the briefing that they get for officiating in this division, or whether he, as I suspect, was just crap for allowing what was a team of typical northern cloggers to try to overwhelm class.

I remember when we were in the Prem a while ago when Arsenal players advised the ref what his decision should be to our cost. It seems as if the same kind of thing happened on Saturday.

Am I bitter? After seeing the Huddersfield fans streaming out long before the end....?

.....Nah !!!!

Just think he was a Homer ref, gave us nothing

Denver Fulham

I thought at the time that it was a ridiculous red card, but the more I watch the clip, the more it does look like there's a bit of intent on Wilson's part. Maybe you see what you want to see. I'd probably still appeal it, but it might be upheld.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 15, 2021, 11:04:08 PM
I thought at the time that it was a ridiculous red card, but the more I watch the clip, the more it does look like there's a bit of intent on Wilson's part. Maybe you see what you want to see. I'd probably still appeal it, but it might be upheld.

There probably was intent, but it is a massive overreaction from the Huddersfield player who had committed a really bad foul on Wilson.

I think the club should appeal on the grounds that it is not obvious that Wilson lashed out and that it is far clearer that their player was play acting and also that the Huddersfield player (Thomas) clearly tried to influence the officials - none of whom appeared to to see the 'incident' that resulted in the red card

MickyAdamsFamily

I concur, edmundo. That's a pretty good assessment of the situation. Also, the ref had let the game get a bit out of hand. There were a couple of blatant examples of cynical thuggery by Huddersfield players (including Thomas, of course) that received no cards or even warnings, despite clearly deserving them. I think there were 2 instances of Fulham players being dragged down by the neck that I was astonished to see the ref do nothing about. This was what Marco was speaking of in his post-match interview when he talked about the players need to be protected

Blawarmy

Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 16, 2021, 10:44:39 AM

There probably was intent, but it is a massive overreaction from the Huddersfield player who had committed a really bad foul on Wilson.

I think the club should appeal on the grounds that it is not obvious that Wilson lashed out and that it is far clearer that their player was play acting and also that the Huddersfield player (Thomas) clearly tried to influence the officials - none of whom appeared to to see the 'incident' that resulted in the red card
I'll be stunned if we don't appeal. 

junior white

Quote from: Lordedmundo on August 16, 2021, 10:44:39 AM

It was a harsh red card, however you cannot appeal on the basis that we think he was play acting you have to appeal on clear evidence, like the one which got Bamford banned last season.

Personally think there is no chance of it being turned over as I believe it was reported that either the Linesman or 4th official advise don the kick out