watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Wilson red card

Started by Tabby, August 14, 2021, 05:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tabby

Looked like he kicked out with his left leg to me and don't think we are going to be able to get it rescinded. Anyone got a good replay?

ChesterTheTabby

If that's true, I never saw it happen, but if it did then we may be up poo creek.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

The reports certainly say that the tackle seemed fair and Wilson kicked out. But haven't seen any of it yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Pluto

I don't think it was deliberate. He was caught hard in the original challenge by Thomas (who should have received a red on multiple occasions). His head is in the turf grimacing in pain and he has no way of seeing where their player is, let alone an ability to aim a kick. I think it's just that he clipped him with the ankle slightly when he was writhering around in pain. Of course Thomas made a meal of it, probably to avoid getting sent off himself.

Shambolic refereeing all game really.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Pluto on August 14, 2021, 05:30:03 PM
I don't think it was deliberate. He was caught hard in the original challenge by Thomas (who should have received a red on multiple occasions). His head is in the turf grimacing in pain and he has no way of seeing where their player is, let alone an ability to aim a kick. I think it's just that he clipped him with the ankle slightly when he was writhering around in pain. Of course Thomas made a meal of it, probably to avoid getting sent off himself.

Shambolic refereeing all game really.

undoubtedly
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Finnans Right Peg

Bad angle on fulham tv but did look like he kicked out

Denver Fulham

Completely unintentional as he thrashed on the ground after being fouled. Wasn't even looking at the other player. Ridiculous red card, should be rescinded.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Finnans Right Peg on August 14, 2021, 05:30:57 PM
Bad angle on fulham tv but did look like he kicked out
I couldn't see it clearly on FFCtv either ..

MartyFFC

Certainly not done his England chances any favours; metaphorically speaking

Andy S

I'm not saying I've seen it but we have a decent enough squad to ride this decision so let's do it again at the Den

Fulham1959

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 14, 2021, 05:46:46 PM

:005:

filham

Really bad news for us as obviously he will be badly missed for the next three matches.

f321ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 14, 2021, 05:27:38 PM
The reports certainly say that the tackle seemed fair and Wilson kicked out. But haven't seen any of it yet.
The tackle wasn't fair as we got a free kick from it.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Nick Bateman

Quote from: MartyFFC on August 14, 2021, 05:46:46 PM

Leave it!  :033:
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Black, White and Fred

From watching the stream it does look like he makes a second movement but could be more making a meal of the foul he received and just unlucky to catch the player, who produced his own Oscar worthy performance
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

davew

Until we see the incident we can't really comment can we, listening to GJ we only get 1 opinion, highly biased of course, so I am out with the jury until I actually see what happened! If he kicked out then deserves a 3 game rest, if he didn't then I am sure the club will appeal, sort of spoilt the day but a 5-1 win sort of helped and even Anguissa turned out for us. Looking forward to the next match!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Logicalman

I thought as he went down on his left side his legs came up in front of him and he basically straightened his legs out, albeit right as he hit the turf and in doing so he did catch the players leg.
That said, it was a nasty challenge by a dirty player (all game) and he had no idea where the player actually was as he was facing towards the Fulham goal and the player was not in his eyeline.
It was the fourth official that got the red card to be shown and he showed some animosity by impatience towards Fulham players during the latter part of the game.
I hope it does get rescinded or reduced to a yellow as it was not intentional, and given the punishment metered out to our youngsters today with no action by the ref towards the Huddy players, there did appear to be a bias. The red seemed to punish any sort of perceived retaliation whilst ignoring the original incident.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

H4usuallysitting

Gentleman Jim didn't see it, but confirmed immediately that it wasn't a red

rusty shackleford

He lashed out a bit.... but didnt even touch him? Yellow card at worst

Black, White and Fred

Fourth official wasn't even looking when the 'kick out' happened. Also watched it about 10 times and Wilson's heel catches him but it's minimal contact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996