watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mohamed Al-Fayed

Started by 70sPimlico, August 15, 2021, 08:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

I read that Chairman Mo is unwell. "health failing" was the term.

Just thought I'd start a thread to pass on my thanks to the man who decided to sprinkle a bit of gold dust on our beautiful club. The Fulham FC representatives who initially passed our club over to him deserve immense gratitude for realising that Mo would completely get Fulham. He did. And took us on a wonderful journey.

I am immensely grateful for the years he gave to us and, himself passing us on to fantastic new owners. who also get us.

Thanks Mo

Lighthouse

Without going into the many weird and wonderful aspects of Big Al. Fact is Fulham Football Club became a completely different animal under the money and protection of Al Fayed. From a struggling underdog whose aspirations started and finished with survival. We ended up a club who are annoyed by relegation and promotions to the top flight.

13 years in the top division spoilt us under Al Fayed. But Fulham are a different animal now to the struggling club we were before Al Fayed. Yes without him we would have never felt the magic of Europe or the Prem.

Hope he feels better soon.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

bobby01

Sad news, will always be remembered as the man who took us from obscurity and maybe even near extinction, to a European final. Something I certainly would never have believed possible. I hope he recovers but it sounds serious.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Statto

We can and do debate who is the single biggest legend in our history but two things you can't dispute are that (i) he is at least in the top 5, and (ii) going on actual impact, he's clearly number one. Taking us from a poor third tier side to a European Cup Final is not only the greatest transformation anyone has achieved in our history, it's one of the greatest transformations that's ever happened in football, and a fairytale the vast majority of clubs will never experience. He deserves to be honoured at some point to the greatest extent we can muster - renaming a stand, a statue or something on that scale. I wish him all the best.

SP

Still miss him strolling across the pitch before the match, get well soon.

Sgt Fulham

All the best wishes to Mo. A legendary chapter in our club's story.

Twig

He will go down forever as a Fulham legend.

Peabody

A man I will be eternally grateful to. He not only saved us from mediocrity but gave us gravitas in the process. Get well soon Alf

blingo

General

The term legend is used far to easily these days when referring to players who've come and go. Al Fayed was a legend though. He ran this club astutely and really really cared about it. He got the right people in behind the scenes and always made informed footballing decisions. I remember when Roy signed and not having a clue about who he was, plucked out of thin air.. and then he went on to achieve the success he did with us. It was a fitting tribute and end to his tenure and he transformed this club.

I know we're under new ownership but there would be nothing more fitting in my eyes than to have a statue or stand named after the man for all he gave us and what it meant in the grand scheme of things. Whilst I'm not the biggest fans of the khan's and think they leave a lot to be desired, they do still seem like ok people and I do feel they are stable owner's.

Will always have my utmost respect for the dignity he gave the club and the early years in particular.

Not quite the Man Utd of the south, but europa league finals, keegan, hodgson, berbativ, duff, Murphy, Haynes, saha, horse field, hangeland etc etc all would simply not have happened (or the 13 consecutive seasons in the premiership) without him.

Hope the club, if this does seem to be that time of his life, put on a fitting tribute to the man and his tenure to the club. Will be sure to be at that game when it happens.

Andy S

I would expect that he is one of the worst patients imaginable. He would demand that everything was done correctly. I'm sure that until the day he dies He will be barking his orders. I don't believe that during his time as our custodian he suffered fools gladly. He always demanded the best and he hired the best. He is a great man and Fulham supporters can only be grateful for what he did for this club by the river. Mohamed get well soon

ron

Having dreams come true is not an everyday thing. He did just that for us. What more can be said ?

cottage expat

Quote from: Statto on August 15, 2021, 08:51:50 PM
We can and do debate who is the single biggest legend in our history but two things you can't dispute are that (i) he is at least in the top 5, and (ii) going on actual impact, he's clearly number one. Taking us from a poor third tier side to a European Cup Final is not only the greatest transformation anyone has achieved in our history, it's one of the greatest transformations that's ever happened in football, and a fairytale the vast majority of clubs will never experience. He deserves to be honoured at some point to the greatest extent we can muster - renaming a stand, a statue or something on that scale. I wish him all the best.

+1

General

Quote from: Andy S on August 15, 2021, 11:38:35 PM
I would expect that he is one of the worst patients imaginable. He would demand that everything was done correctly. I'm sure that until the day he dies He will be barking his orders. I don't believe that during his time as our custodian he suffered fools gladly. He always demanded the best and he hired the best. He is a great man and Fulham supporters can only be grateful for what he did for this club by the river. Mohamed get well soon

I am to believe he has a  ery good private Dr looking after his health, one he respects a lot

FFCFOREVER

The geezer's a legend. Get well soon Mo.

Middlesexclub

Saved the club . Loved his enthusiasm. Hope he recovers soon.

Dr Know

Sorry to put a dampener on things but it's a well known fact he approached Chelsea before us ! I never liked the bloke before he came to us so , not being a hypocrite, he is not a legend in my books . But saying that I don't wish bad health on him .

bill taylors apprentice

I was never convinced about his stories about being a long time supporter when he took over, typical MAF but I'm convinced he fell in love with the club.

He transformed our club on and off the pitch when it was on its knees and he will always be greatly admired in my book. 

Best wishes to him!

Southdowns White

I was lucky enough to shake his hand and thank him personally a couple of times. Anyone who was around before he came to the club need not take a reality check as to the impact he has had on our club and us supporters. We had been floundering in the lower reaches of the football league and teetering with the reality of moving away from Craven Cottage for the survival of the club. I cannot see us being where we are today without him. Thank you again Mo.

Cambridge Pete

Sorry to hear that Mo is unwell. Whatever his reasons for acquiring the club it is my opinion that he fell for the club on the night we played a pre season game soon after the death of Dodi and realised that not everyone in the UK disliked him. He provided some wonderful times for supporters and for what he did I will always thank him. As an aside I wrote to him a couple of times and on each occasion got a very good letter back. I know a number on this Board have problems with TK but, again my opinion, I think Mo left us with excellent owners. Get well soon Mo and hopefully we can see you once more at The Cottage.