watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

BIG Test for the Lads and New Coach Tonite v Millwall

Started by WindyCity, August 17, 2021, 05:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Trap game, letdown game, call it what you will, after a big (and relatively easy) win, teams can slip in their next game played.  Will be very interested to see how FFC reacts to that and how they play tonite.  Big test for Silva IMHO.

COYW!

rebel

We've potentially 4 first team players out through injury, the depth is really scary and we are adding to it.

ChesterTheTabby

If we win this - the belief for an incredible season is real. Lose it, back to reality. No matter what, though, we're behind them!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on August 17, 2021, 05:06:01 PM
We've potentially 4 first team players out through injury, the depth is really scary and we are adding to it.

Hahaha.....and the excuses start rolling in? 

Every team has injuries.  The games are scheduled.  And you have to play that game when the whistle blows.  The opposition doesn't give a hoot how many of your players are out.  You need to win your games, as scheduled, regardless.  Assuming you want to be a promotion minded club.

Deeping_white

Quote from: WindyCity on August 17, 2021, 05:10:22 PM

Every team has injuries.  The games are scheduled.  And you have to play that game when the whistle blows.  The opposition doesn't give a hoot how many of your players are out.  You need to win your games, as scheduled, regardless.  Assuming you want to be a promotion minded club.

I don't think Rebel was making excuses, more pointing out that we've looked good and we have players to come back into the team and we've got reinforcements on the way as well

WindyCity

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 17, 2021, 05:06:19 PM
If we win this - the belief for an incredible season is real. Lose it, back to reality. No matter what, though, we're behind them!

Agreed CTT.  A loss or draw kinda brings followers back down to earth.  A decisive road win gives us big reason for high expectations!

COYW!

WindyCity

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 17, 2021, 05:28:16 PM
I don't think Rebel was making excuses, more pointing out that we've looked good and we have players to come back into the team and we've got reinforcements on the way as well

Thx for the clarification D_w.  It didn't read that way to me at first, but on further review you have a point.  Thx. 

rebel

I was just pointing out that we potentially have 4 players who would be starting tonight if not injured, I fully expect us to thrash Millwall tonight as we did Huddersfield.   

rebel

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 17, 2021, 05:28:16 PM

100% correct.

rebel

Depth and quality, an awesome mix. An attacking mindset makes a huge difference.

WindyCity

Thx rebel.  I'm sure you saw my acknowledgement to D_w regards your post.  I misinterpreted. 

Regards your comment about a thrashing expectation, I sure hope you're right!  Thus the reason for this thread.  I always fear a possible letdown in these types of situations.