watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How is Rodak not in goal ?

Started by perry geyton, August 17, 2021, 09:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Somerset Fulham

I thought the first punch was a good one, and he won't be the last keeper to lose out to Matt Smith this season.  Plus he's not had a sniff with any of the three goals coneded so far?

filham

Gazzaniga has had little to do in our three matches but some of what he has had to do hasn't been done too well.
Time to bring Rodak in before silly points are lost.

ALG01

so far not so good for the new keeper IMO
I know it is early days but he has to deal with hi balls into the  box and he seems not to have a clue and rather than command his box, he seems to go AWOL
Rodak way superior.

Black, White and Fred

I'd bring rodak in for the cup game and if he does well he keeps the spot. Hopefully that won't destroy Gaza's confidence should marek get injured or something
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

cookieg

EVDS flapped at the ball sometimes and conceded soft goals. He's played 3 games for us and he's becoming this seasons go to player to moan about.

perry geyton

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on August 17, 2021, 09:47:21 PM
Give him some time. He's barely had anything to do, and I don't think he could have done anything about any of the goals we've conceded.
Give him some time ?
Why not give Rodak some time hes earnt it and deserves it
Surely

Woolly Mammoth

Give him some time. He's barely had anything to do, and I don't think he could have done anything about any of the goals we've conceded.

The concern is that his command of his area is mediocre. He does not try and catch the ball at its highest point which is basics.
He should make his penalty area his front garden and nobody should enter it unless he says so.
I fear he will eventually cost us valuable points as he will not inspire confidence in his defenders. Time will tell but Rodak is the better all round keeper for me. Gazza flaps at the ball far too much to be playing at this level.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Skatzoffc

Rodak back for me too. Asap.

Gazza's the epitome of a "dodgy keeper"
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Caedal

If Silva thinks Gazza is the best keeper... then he's the keeper. I have 100% faith in the manager

Craven_Chris

I would be inclined to bring back Rodak. It is early and harsh to drop Gazza but we have faced 5 shots on goal this season and 3 of them have gone in! However, for me, the gloves were Rodak's to lose, not the other way around.

Tonight's goal conceded was the first where I didn't like what I saw from him, I know it was a freak deflection more than a shot, but he had no business being so wrong footed, maybe we were spoiled by Areola's reading of the game, but it looked like Gazza had started running to his right to collect the misplaced knockdown from Smith and was then wrong-footed when the ball came back to his left. But if the ball doesn't hit Afobe,  its heading to a safe area, which he should know, so there is no good reason for him to pursue the ball rather than stay set for a shot.

It feels a bit like when things started to turn against Betts, there were not really any clangers, but, one way or another, everything just ended up going in.

Donnie Lonegan

Add me to the list of people who thinks Rodak should be our number 1.

Pluto

He hasn't looked convincing to me. Rodak needs to start ASAP

brightster

Sorry but let the bloke settle in, hasn't been here a month yet, played 4 games for us and we haven't lost, can't blame him for any of the goals that the team have conceded. He is a lot more vocal than Rodak with a lot more experience.
I am sure we had the same discussions when Betts was dropped for Fabri then Rico, then last season Rodak dropped for Alfonso.
There is no trophies / promotions won on just being a fan favourite. Rodak is a good keeper, but at the moment Silva thinks he's not ready yet. Let's get behind this team and enjoy the ride!

Lyle from Hangeland

Willham

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on August 17, 2021, 09:48:30 PM

Very fair point - The goals conceded have been one-offs and completely against the run of play, not much he could do with them.

Disagree, as a goalkeeper myself, gazziniga was wrongly positioned for the middlesborough goal , half a step left was needed, and if so had have been stood where the ball traveled, instead he concentrated on covering the near post and got caught out.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on August 17, 2021, 10:11:47 PM
I'd bring rodak in for the cup game and if he does well he keeps the spot. Hopefully that won't destroy Gaza's confidence should marek get injured or something

:plus one:

Milo

Watched him live against Boro and he was flapping around, yelling things at his defence off the ball and everyone was just ignoring him.

He's a liability!

Has so little to do but when we need him for that one shot on target he's out of position!! Be it too far over to his near post against Boro, or strolling 10 yards off his line again today!

JEEVES

Thought Rodak was number 1 and Gazzaniga playing until he's fit? A good number 2 for sure but Rodaks gotta be put back in when fully fit. Why give him the number 1 shirt?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 17, 2021, 09:58:37 PM
Hold on....we haven't lost a game yet...... Rodak will get his chance

That's precisely the point, he doesn't hold on he flaps at the ball.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

colinwhite

3 great performances ,7 points and a superb brand of football. I think Silva knows what he is doing and has his reasons for his choice of goalkeeper.