News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frank extends his contract and heads to napoli on loan.

Started by IloveFFC, August 30, 2021, 08:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caedal

Unless the option to buy is basically a guarantee, I still don't see why we've loaned him again and not sold. FFP just can't be a concern as this deal doesn't do anything really to help in that respect.

I expect Grimes or William Carvalho plus a RB (probably the one from Villa) in before tomorrow is over.

Sad to see Anguissa go, fortunately he wasn't really a big part of our good form up to this point, so shouldn't have a detrimental effect on the team

blingo

TBH I'm glad to see anyone go that doesn't want to pull the shirt on, no matter what division we are in. Bet he never said no to even one championship pay cheque. He never did brilliantly here so bye bye don't come back.

bobby01

Quote from: Danitar on August 30, 2021, 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on August 30, 2021, 01:53:55 PM
Sky saying deal is 17.3 mill

There must be a pretty good loan fee if it's only an option to buy

Doesn't break down the fee and option so I don't know
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Danitar on August 30, 2021, 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: bobby01 on August 30, 2021, 01:53:55 PM
Sky saying deal is 17.3 mill

There must be a pretty good loan fee if it's only an option to buy

If the club loan to buy FZA, could be a few things at play.
1) Club is in a better condition FFP wise than we suspected. I think the club cobbled together more profit from the AK, MLM, and StefJo deals than expected. Knock off Cyrus's salary and potentially 1 or 2 more, Knock? Fabri? and the club feel they can wait another season to cash in on FZA if necessary.

2) Club are flat out going for it FFP wise with the pandemic still going. Bit of a gamble, but with the club's start would be worth doing if automatic promotion is in the cards. They can also back it up with arguments about the pandemic if you ask me. Financial uncertainty, marked reduced global prices, etc, etc.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on August 30, 2021, 12:34:28 PM
So, that leaves us with Onamah, Reed, Seri Carvalho and Cairney with the dodgy knee for the three critical midfield spots. Room for one more as cover, perhaps a late buy tomorrow.

Yeah...I don't think anyone we bring in within the next 48 hours plans to do anything other than be one of our starting 11.   I mean, why is Grimes coming if he doesn't plan to start?

Come to think of it...why is Grimes coming?

He's immediately behind Fabio, Onomah and Seri on our midfield depth chart (as he should be).

A player like Nathaniel Chalobah, who could actually challenge Onomah for a starting spot...I could understand.   Matt Grimes isn't better than Seri, or IMO Harrison Reed.

SG

Quote from: davew on August 30, 2021, 01:47:06 PM
Ridiculous transaction!!!!!! Sell him by all means but not a loan deal, how does that help us this season to replace him? Presumably that´s the end of business in this transfer window unless we decide to lend out a few more players. Not happy!

Nothing new there then 😂😂

Deeping_white

Ridiculous transaction!!!!!! Sell him by all means but not a loan deal, how does that help us this season to replace him? Presumably that´s the end of business in this transfer window unless we decide to lend out a few more players. Not happy!

In other news, water is wet

BarryP

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 30, 2021, 02:54:28 PM

In other additional news, people who have no inside knowledge of the deal jump to rash conclusions and water is still wet.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 30, 2021, 02:19:25 PM
Quote from: filham on August 30, 2021, 12:34:28 PM
So, that leaves us with Onamah, Reed, Seri Carvalho and Cairney with the dodgy knee for the three critical midfield spots. Room for one more as cover, perhaps a late buy tomorrow.

Yeah...I don't think anyone we bring in within the next 48 hours plans to do anything other than be one of our starting 11.   I mean, why is Grimes coming if he doesn't plan to start?

Come to think of it...why is Grimes coming?

He's immediately behind Fabio, Onomah and Seri on our midfield depth chart (as he should be).

A player like Nathaniel Chalobah, who could actually challenge Onomah for a starting spot...I could understand.   Matt Grimes isn't better than Seri, or IMO Harrison Reed.

I have to say that is spot on from what I know of him, but that also is predicated on that I don't know much about Grimes. Based on that very limited knowledge, he does not strike me as any upgrade on Seri or Harrison, unless for Harrison because of his injury prone nature.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

BarryP

Quote from: Statto on August 30, 2021, 01:36:41 PM
There are plenty of unknowns. Even if described as an option go buy it could effectively become an obligation if certain highly likely criteria are met, eg him playing 15 games. If we didn't want a loan then quite possibly we'll have insisted on a chunky loan fee, balanced out by a lower purchase price. Etc etc

A reasonable possibility that I had not originally considered.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Nero

He can bugger off, if he's sat there and watched the first few games and not thought I'm going to be back in the prem next year he can do one never been that impressed seems to run into dead ends and couldnt hit a cows arse with a banjo   

Deeping_white

Quote from: BarryP on August 30, 2021, 03:08:42 PM

In other additional news, people who have no inside knowledge of the deal jump to rash conclusions and water is still wet.

I was making a point of Dave being negative as per usual rather than the transfer itself, because nobody but the club actually know the finer details

BarryP

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 30, 2021, 03:24:17 PM

I was making a point of Dave being negative as per usual rather than the transfer itself, because nobody but the club actually know the finer details

0001.jpeg

AnOldBrownie

I'm done with Anguissa.

But Matt Grimes is not a replacement.   We need better.

MartyFFC

Would've been better off giving 28 million quid to UNICEF for all this fella's contributed

WindyCity

Quote from: cmg on August 30, 2021, 11:20:30 AM
Sorry to see Anguissa depart.
A great disappointment to me as a player. Promised much: delivered little.
An imposing figure with flashes of great skill...but not enough to make any great impact.
I wondered if he lacks confidence.
Has become, of late, a marginal player so his departure would make sense.

0001.jpeg

davew

Quote from: BarryP on August 30, 2021, 03:36:52 PM
Quote from: Deeping_white on August 30, 2021, 03:24:17 PM

0001.jpeg
Think all my other comments so far this season have been positive, just like the team performances!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

FFCFOREVER

Personally, I'm glad to see the back of him. Never cut it in the Prem and contributed very little, if anything when he played. Overrated and overpriced, the latter not being his fault obviously. Just not good enough and we ain't missed him so far this season.

perry geyton

I'll give him a ride if he wants

Woolly Mammoth

He could have done better, he should have done better. If he has gone, let us move on as there is nothing to see here, I have more or less forgotten him already.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.