News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frank extends his contract and heads to napoli on loan.

Started by IloveFFC, August 30, 2021, 08:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LC

If Anguisse leaves this time there must be no return for him.

William Cav would be a upgrade if we can get him.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: LC on August 30, 2021, 05:10:24 PM

No.  He would not.    8 years ago, maybe.  And even then just barely.   Anguissa is a box to box that can put in a tackle.   I don't think William has ever thought about moving forward (I'm only slightly kidding).

I've watched him for years on the Portuguese side and he's always seemed extremely slow.  Solid...but slow.

MartyFFC

I have no idea whether he's any good or not, however William Carvalho seems to have been linked with numerous English sides in every single transfer window for the last decade or so

Texas White

Best to move the non-committed on. We don't need him. 

LC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 30, 2021, 05:46:20 PM

No.  He would not.    8 years ago, maybe.  And even then just barely.   Anguissa is a box to box that can put in a tackle.   I don't think William has ever thought about moving forward (I'm only slightly kidding).

I've watched him for years on the Portuguese side and he's always seemed extremely slow.  Solid...but slow.

I would agree with you, but Anguisse doesn't want to be here, and a committed William Cav is definitely better than Anguisse who wouldn't give his all on the pitch. On top of which he has a lot of experience which would add to the team- he's a defensive midfielder so it's hard to compare them.

Dougie

In hindsight, really should have taken that £22.5m bid from Villareal we turnned down last August. Jesus. Still not a penny recouped from anyone from that entire summer 2018 transfer window. What a shambles.

The good news is that, with the club sanctioning a loan move whilst looking to strengthen in other positions, we *must* be FFP compliant at the moment, otherwise we would surely be frantically trying to find a suitor for a permanent transfer right up to the last minute.

rebel

I don't remember too many forward passes from Anguissa, the ball always gets 'recycled' back towards our own end.
A travesty for such a quality player.

Jules

Quote from: FFCFOREVER on August 30, 2021, 04:29:46 PM
Personally, I'm glad to see the back of him. Never cut it in the Prem and contributed very little, if anything when he played. Overrated and overpriced, the latter not being his fault obviously. Just not good enough and we ain't missed him so far this season.
+1 totally agree. People say he is quality but I've hardly ever seen it. No goals, hardly any assists and openly said he doesn't want to play for us. Just wish we were selling him for something substantial rather than a loan.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Dougie on August 30, 2021, 06:20:26 PM
In hindsight, really should have taken that £22.5m bid from Villareal we turnned down last August. Jesus. Still not a penny recouped from anyone from that entire summer 2018 transfer window. What a shambles.

The good news is that, with the club sanctioning a loan move whilst looking to strengthen in other positions, we *must* be FFP compliant at the moment, otherwise we would surely be frantically trying to find a suitor for a permanent transfer right up to the last minute.

And on the other end we got Tosin, Tete and Robinson for what?   Not every move is going to be a home run.

rebel

We will actually be paying for them for a few years more once they have left.

rebel

Quote from: Jules on August 30, 2021, 06:25:15 PM
Personally, I'm glad to see the back of him. Never cut it in the Prem and contributed very little, if anything when he played. Overrated and overpriced, the latter not being his fault obviously. Just not good enough and we ain't missed him so far this season.
+1 totally agree. People say he is quality but I've hardly ever seen it. No goals, hardly any assists and openly said he doesn't want to play for us. Just wish we were selling him for something substantial rather than a loan.

He has the quality, but does what Parker use to do as a player. Pivot in a circle then beat players who don't need beating, someone needs to shout 'STOP!'.

Bassey the warrior

We weren't to know Parker would get us relegated.

Jules

If that Villarreal bid is true then our decision making in that case is truly shocking. We should have snapped their hands off.

Arthur

Quote from: Jules on August 30, 2021, 06:33:00 PM
If that Villarreal bid is true then our decision making in that case is truly shocking. We should have snapped their hands off.

Easy to say so now. But last August we were promoted to the Premier League and had just five weeks to prepare for our opening fixture. Parker supposedly wanted to keep Anguissa and understandably so. His form at Villareal suggested he would be a player of genuine ability at our new level.

Denver Fulham

Anguissa was arguably our best outfield player for the first 1/3 of last season until he got COVID. I think this is an unfair assessment, backed by clubs like Villareal and Napoli wanting him. I wanted to see more from him in terms of impact in the final third, but all this retro-slander is a bit much. He wasn't good his first season with us, but who actually was? He wins tackles and was one of the top dribble take-ons players in the Prem last season. Maybe Parker murdered him like he killed virtually everyone else in our front six? The run and throughball against Leicester for Lookman's goal suggests the ability was there. Just rarely saw it as he defaulted to the most conservative option.

Not everyone can be Lothar Matthaus, but there's middle ground between that and how Anguissa is being described. It's best for all parties for him to move on at this point, but I anticipate that he'll do quite well in Italy.

Twig

Zambo usually left me feeling he had an ok(ish) game. Sort a bit Meh.  Agree with Denver that his best little spell was the start of last season but even then his contribution was limited.  If there's a really good player in there I didn't see it.
Given his very average contribution when he deigns to play for us and that he never wants to play for us in the Championship, I say good riddance.

I Ronic

Could it be that a replacement is a loan to buy player? each cancelling the other out?

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: rebel on August 30, 2021, 06:24:03 PM

I don't remember too many forward passes from Anguissa, the ball always gets 'recycled' back towards our own end.
A travesty for such a quality player.
Or he ended up losing the ball TRYING to be like Dembele the 1st. And failing miserably.

70sPimlico

After games, I was always left thinking, I wish we had a decent manager that knew how to use players properly. Absolutely criminal some of the tactics at this level.

HV71

The enigma has gone ........ whether you think he is brilliant or not it makes no odds . He didn't want to play in the Championship - his choice not ours.  He is the first yo yo player I have ever come across  - I don't want us to be a yo yo team so by simple logic we do not need a yo yo player. Is it a shame ! Of course it is but that blame cannot really be on the Club.
Potentially a brilliant player - but a bad buy - poor attitude.

Seri , on the other hand , is proving me wrong- and I am delighted