News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frank extends his contract and heads to napoli on loan.

Started by IloveFFC, August 30, 2021, 08:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blingo

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 31, 2021, 06:03:39 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 30, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: Dougie on August 30, 2021, 06:20:26 PM
In hindsight, really should have taken that £22.5m bid from Villareal we turnned down last August. Jesus. Still not a penny recouped from anyone from that entire summer 2018 transfer window. What a shambles.

The good news is that, with the club sanctioning a loan move whilst looking to strengthen in other positions, we *must* be FFP compliant at the moment, otherwise we would surely be frantically trying to find a suitor for a permanent transfer right up to the last minute.

And on the other end we got Tosin, Tete and Robinson for what?   Not every move is going to be a home run.

After FFC was offerred £22.5m, Anguissa's value continued to rise until he got Covid-19 and frankly a year after covid-19 his value will rise again to £25m. Fulham probably have no choice but to offload Anguissa, but anyone that gets him at £10m is getting a real bargain.

Anguissa is a lot better midfielder than anyone we have had in the championship since Tigana's team, he is one of the key reasons for our defensive record last season. If anyone think Seri is a good #6 in the championship, then I suggest Anguissa is on a completely different level (far better than Seri or Reed).

I still think we might get a better offer for Anguissa, or sell another few players instead.

Moussa Dembele was better

General

Quote from: Caedal on August 31, 2021, 05:34:56 PM
No mention of an option to buy

Looks like there are a lot of people who will have to swallow some of what they said with the news.

NJFulham

We will sell him next summer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

General

Quote from: NJFulham on August 31, 2021, 05:38:05 PM
We will sell him next summer.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

What makes you say that? He's clearly an asset at the premier league level and Silva said he liked him - we wont sell him now unless the offer is significant and him renewing suggests he must be at least pretty happy with his contract here and the club / players.

He's young - we go up and TK and Silva get this year right and then sign the right players next summer then it's an entirely different conversation around Frank.

think you're just coming to made up conclusions.

Caedal

I agree. I think the club have a lot of faith in Frank, but he's the biggest asset we have (and probably the highest earner) so things have to happen when we go down to leverage what we have FFP wise. If Silva likes him, then I reckon he'll stay when we go up.

I assume we got a good loan fee plus they pay his wages. That could be worth 5-6m overall.

I think we've done well here

Edit: seems like Napoli have announced there is an option, so scrap this

Southcoastffc

Clever move by the club (and possibly good for Frank)  Good business.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Caedal on August 31, 2021, 05:46:44 PM
I agree. I think the club have a lot of faith in Frank, but he's the biggest asset we have (and probably the highest earner) so things have to happen when we go down to leverage what we have FFP wise. If Silva likes him, then I reckon he'll stay when we go up.

I assume we got a good loan fee plus they pay his wages. That could be worth 5-6m overall.

Don't get why we'd extend his contract if there was an option to buy.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: blingo on August 31, 2021, 05:35:10 PM
In hindsight, really should have taken that £22.5m bid from Villareal we turnned down last August. Jesus. Still not a penny recouped from anyone from that entire summer 2018 transfer window. What a shambles.

The good news is that, with the club sanctioning a loan move whilst looking to strengthen in other positions, we *must* be FFP compliant at the moment, otherwise we would surely be frantically trying to find a suitor for a permanent transfer right up to the last minute.

And on the other end we got Tosin, Tete and Robinson for what?   Not every move is going to be a home run.

After FFC was offerred £22.5m, Anguissa's value continued to rise until he got Covid-19 and frankly a year after covid-19 his value will rise again to £25m. Fulham probably have no choice but to offload Anguissa, but anyone that gets him at £10m is getting a real bargain.

Anguissa is a lot better midfielder than anyone we have had in the championship since Tigana's team, he is one of the key reasons for our defensive record last season. If anyone think Seri is a good #6 in the championship, then I suggest Anguissa is on a completely different level (far better than Seri or Reed).

I still think we might get a better offer for Anguissa, or sell another few players instead.

He's a striker. I think you mean Mousa Dembele.

WolverineFFC

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 31, 2021, 05:55:25 PM

FFP. Looks like FZA triggered the extension. Club probably told him, we can't option to buy you at that price without an extra year to amortize. Not sure exact figures, but they probably just took somewhere in the neighborhood of a 10 million place hold for FZA and turned it into 2-3 (if there was no loan fee) for this season.

Caedal

I keep re-reading the Fulham official announcement, and it just doesn't fit the narrative that there is an option to buy. Maybe there's been some crossed wires in the media department, because to me it sounds like they're expecting him back

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 31, 2021, 05:55:25 PM

££££££££
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Slaphead in Qatar

On the face of it well done Fulham. Franks gets a years experience in Italian to league. Hopefully we go up then we have the option to play him in PL or sell him for a reasonable fee. And we don't have to pay his wages this season.

bobby01

The poor standard of our information to supporters means I am inclined to believe that there is an option, and an oversight on our announcement. All talk in the negotiation was of an option with differing sums.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

perry geyton

Quote from: millsy on August 31, 2021, 11:51:39 AM
I've been so disappointed in Frank and posted numerous times why.

As all seem to agree, he has ability and physique that most others would die for but I've watched him closely and his shortcomings are many, in my opinion:

He lacks awareness and often loses his man
Ball watches in space when oppo in possession, rather than looking for where the danger might be
His tackling is woolly not crisp
He passes sideways and backwards 90% of the time, by default
Takes no responsibility
Rarely looks to put a man through
Saunters around as if he's in control but the game goes on around him
Can't shoot
Doesn't assist goals

Don't doubt his dribbling skills and flicks into space but decision making poor and careless at the end of runs.

Overall, I've too often found myself screaming instructions at him and was hoping Grimes or someone like that alongside him might bully him into a more disciplined game but alas time has run out.
Doesn't score goals
Still amazes me to this day why people think he's so good, I'm convinced it's the price tag and those dazzling sideways runs into know where, 

Ask any Marseille supporter their opinion on him and they'll tell you the same thing, they simply couldn't believe we coughed up that much dough for him.

By far one Of the most overrated Fulham players in recent years

perry geyton

And if we were to get promoted again this season I for one certainly wouldn't want him back

FulhamStu

The option to buy could be assuming Fulham agree to sell.  We could refuse that and sell him to another club for more.  Unless you know all the terms the contract could be written in many different ways.  I suspect it's all to do with FFP.

FFCFOREVER

Quote from: perry geyton on August 31, 2021, 06:21:29 PM
And if we were to get promoted again this season I for one certainly wouldn't want him back
Agreed

Twig

Quote from: blingo on August 31, 2021, 05:35:10 PM

So was Steed

Jules

Quote from: perry geyton on August 31, 2021, 06:21:29 PM
Me neither. I wish him luck but he can't keep saying he won't play in the championship whilst coming back when we go up. Creates bad squad morale. He isn't too good for the championship either in my opinion. Really hope Napoli end up paying the fee and we can all move on.