News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frank extends his contract and heads to napoli on loan.

Started by IloveFFC, August 30, 2021, 08:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

He doesn't want to play for us in the championship, we don't want him. End of
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

love4ffc

Quote from: bigalffc on August 30, 2021, 08:23:07 PM

Exactly  0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Forever Fulham

When he first showed up, most everyone posting on this board thought he was terrific.  The real deal.  And he played well, for a time.   I'll always wonder if imposed tactics and style worked against his game.  Some very good clubs wanted him, which indicates they saw the quality.  But he's gone now, leaving like a mercenary.  So he's dead to me.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 30, 2021, 06:25:24 PM
Quote from: Dougie on August 30, 2021, 06:20:26 PM
In hindsight, really should have taken that £22.5m bid from Villareal we turnned down last August. Jesus. Still not a penny recouped from anyone from that entire summer 2018 transfer window. What a shambles.

The good news is that, with the club sanctioning a loan move whilst looking to strengthen in other positions, we *must* be FFP compliant at the moment, otherwise we would surely be frantically trying to find a suitor for a permanent transfer right up to the last minute.

And on the other end we got Tosin, Tete and Robinson for what?   Not every move is going to be a home run.

After FFC was offerred £22.5m, Anguissa's value continued to rise until he got Covid-19 and frankly a year after covid-19 his value will rise again to £25m. Fulham probably have no choice but to offload Anguissa, but anyone that gets him at £10m is getting a real bargain.

Anguissa is a lot better midfielder than anyone we have had in the championship since Tigana's team, he is one of the key reasons for our defensive record last season. If anyone think Seri is a good #6 in the championship, then I suggest Anguissa is on a completely different level (far better than Seri or Reed).

I still think we might get a better offer for Anguissa, or sell another few players instead.

bencher

My biggest regret with Anguissa is never seeing him play for us within the framework of a good team with a good manager. The right manager could have turned him into a world-class box to box midfielder.

rebel

I've read that the buy option would be for 17M Euro's so that's not to bad. 

bog

Quote from: bigalffc on August 30, 2021, 08:23:07 PM

+1  :54:

FulhamStu

Frank Zamboanga Anguissa has a great name, great physic, great hair, strengh, skill and a superb athlete.  His problem is that he is not a fighter, a Ruiz type player who will do what he wants when he wants.  He has all the ability in the world but his attitude is suspect.  Anyone with any character would give Fulham one season in the championship, especially if they were being paid so well.  Suspect this has been noted by Premiership teams and why he has slopped off to Italy.   Silver is building a team of skilful footballers who can also scrap and win in a fight, Frank doesn't really fancy that does he!

HV71

Quote from Fulham Stu "Silver is building a team of skilful footballers who can also scrap and win in a fight, Frank doesn't really fancy that does he!"

Spot on . He clearly doesn't want that. I think Silva's statement about wanting to keep him was an attempt by our new boss to motivate the guy to stay and be a part of his vision for this team. Zambo has chosen to ignore that. I noticed on Saturday that just before the re start at half time the other subs were all actively warming up together and Zambo cut a rather sad, lone figure as he walked alone to the dug out . It was obvious that he was off and that the club couldn't afford for him to get injured. Him going has to be the best result for everyone. Silva wants a team that fights  for each other and  it looks to be a very , very happy camp .We simply cannot afford someone who could poison that because he believes that he is too good to play alongside his teammates in the Championship
It's a shame for us all that such a talent is leaving  - but it's more of a shame on him in my opinion

millsy

I've been so disappointed in Frank and posted numerous times why.

As all seem to agree, he has ability and physique that most others would die for but I've watched him closely and his shortcomings are many, in my opinion:

He lacks awareness and often loses his man
Ball watches in space when oppo in possession, rather than looking for where the danger might be
His tackling is woolly not crisp
He passes sideways and backwards 90% of the time, by default
Takes no responsibility
Rarely looks to put a man through
Saunters around as if he's in control but the game goes on around him
Can't shoot
Doesn't assist goals

Don't doubt his dribbling skills and flicks into space but decision making poor and careless at the end of runs.

Overall, I've too often found myself screaming instructions at him and was hoping Grimes or someone like that alongside him might bully him into a more disciplined game but alas time has run out.
Doesn't score goals

Statto

Whilst I think it both for the best, and likely, that Anguissa will leave today, I find the general tone of this thread absolutely f***ing remarkable given it comprises posts from a bunch of people who only a few weeks ago had all the same feelings about Seri and have watched him completely disprove all their theories and assumptions and become arguably the most important player we'll have this coming season

FFS when will people learn

WolverineFFC

Quote from: bencher on August 31, 2021, 07:52:32 AM
My biggest regret with Anguissa is never seeing him play for us within the framework of a good team with a good manager. The right manager could have turned him into a world-class box to box midfielder.

The biggest thing for me is how little his presence has changed the fortune of the club either positively or negatively. Reinforces the importance of building versus buying a squad for success.

He has not been a part of the promotions but has been part of the relegations. Whether the club purchased him or not didn't matter as his presence changed nothing about the club's current standing.

Reminds me of Berbatov in that he was a good player but such an ill fit at the club in terms of timing and trajectory.

millsy

Don't think you'll find Seri analysed and criticised in these pages in the way Frank has been, mainly because he doesn't enjoy the over-praise that Frank does.

The stats we're told tell a good story that Zambo is our top man etc but you have to believe your own eyes.

Also think about it. After fighting our way into the pre-K, We bought him for shedloads of cash and went straight back down, upon which he wanted away, even on loan, as presumably too good for second tier. So we scrapped our way back up again without him and he reigned to rejoin his FFC comrades, only to take us down again, this time without a fight. Surprise, surprise, Frank now wants out again cos presumably he still thinks he's too good for championship.

Not my type of player nor my type of character but I respect others see him differently.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

Quote from: millsy on August 31, 2021, 03:53:07 PM
Don't think you'll find Seri analysed and criticised in these pages in the way Frank has been, mainly because he doesn't enjoy the over-praise that Frank does.

The stats we're told tell a good story that Zambo is our top man etc but you have to believe your own eyes.

Also think about it. After fighting our way into the pre-K, We bought him for shedloads of cash and went straight back down, upon which he wanted away, even on loan, as presumably too good for second tier. So we scrapped our way back up again without him and he reigned to rejoin his FFC comrades, only to take us down again, this time without a fight. Surprise, surprise, Frank now wants out again cos presumably he still thinks he's too good for championship.

Not my type of player nor my type of character but I respect others see him differently.

Suppose it's just a coincidence Mitrovic got a new contract both times we were relegated, nothing to do with him "wanting away" and needing a little bit of dosh to be persuaded to stay...

Reality is that no footballer, whether it's Anguissa, Seri or Mitrovic or even Ryan Sessegnon, wants to play in the Championship if they're good enough for the PL.

Everything else about Anguissa is pure speculation... just like there were pages and pages of speculation on what a "toxic" player Seri was and how he's made "statements" that he wants to leave (all bo11ocks but I can dig it out for you if you like)

perry geyton

C-ya
Has he officially gone yet ?
🍾

General

didn't see that coming did you?

General

The Club can confirm that André-Frank Zambo Anguissa has extended his contract with Fulham before joining Napoli on loan for the duration of this season.

Anguissa's extended deal now ties him to Craven Cottage until the summer of 2024.

The midfielder has made 66 appearances so far for the Whites, including three this season, and now joins up with Luciano Spalletti's side, who currently sit fifth in Serie A.

We would like to wish Frank all the best during his loan spell in Italy.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/august/Extended-Deal-Loan-For-Frank/

Caedal