News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some are getting carried away - this is the Championship - we are not invincible

Started by 3 Cherries, September 01, 2021, 07:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3 Cherries

Sorry to state the obvious

We still have to meet the likes of WBA, QPR and Bournemouth!

Sgt Fulham

You're correct. However, I would be much more worried about facing us as fans of those teams, than I am about facing them. Lets hope we can keep up the form we have shown so far.

rebel

Quote from: 3 Cherries on September 01, 2021, 07:01:46 AM

Yes a scary thought when Marco is clearly going for the 'Triple' this season.

mrmicawbers

Do we as Fulham fans ever get carried away?What is noticeable this year is people who support other clubs telling mere are going to piss it.

3 Cherries

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 01, 2021, 07:04:37 AM
You're correct. However, I would be much more worried about facing us as fans of those teams, than I am about facing them. Lets hope we can keep up the form we have shown so far.

I agree but would hate to think we ever became as arrogant as Arsenal fans...

clarkey

It's not the end result that we need to feel most proud of.It is the way we are set up and the way we are playing.

Parker had no idea how to get the best out of the squad, he couldn't change a game and his subbing was awful. All of that is forgotten as Silva  sets us up correctly and encourages fast attacking football. That is the greatest thing now about watching our team. Enjoy it.

Lyle from Hangeland

Ye of little faith. Also, currently we are invincible.

blingo

We will beat all three.

rebel

Already teams are using 'foul' means to disrupt our play, so early in the season. That says a lot. We haven't faced Preston yet.

SG

Quote from: clarkey on September 01, 2021, 07:45:06 AM
It's not the end result that we need to feel most proud of.It is the way we are set up and the way we are playing.

Parker had no idea how to get the best out of the squad, he couldn't change a game and his subbing was awful. All of that is forgotten as Silva  sets us up correctly and encourages fast attacking football. That is the greatest thing now about watching our team. Enjoy it.

Exactly the point. We are a joy to watch again. My enthusiasm and positivity for my club has been rejuvenated again. Long may it last

toshes mate

I am sure most in professional sport know that true character most often appears in adversity.  Thus far injuries/suspensions have been met head on with good spirit and great character on the playing surface.  There is enjoyment at work and joined up thinking.   Long may it continue in this vein because it has been sorely missed for far too long.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Nobody is invincible, for sure. I think I'm just enjoying seeing a Fulham team take the game to the opposition. We are quite useful - and the new additions should help.

The Rational Fan

Sorry to state the obvious. We still have to meet the likes of WBA, QPR and Bournemouth!

So what. There are 120 points available, even if we don't get any points against WBA, QPR, and Bournemouth.

Woolly Mammoth

The first 90 minutes + are the most important, in the same way the first 46 League matches are the most important.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MartyFFC

Can't say I'm shaking in my boots at the prospect of facing QPR. Bournemouth will be tough to beat and will no doubt dominate possession in their own 18-yard area, but I really think the only team that can live with us will be WBA. Given there are 2 automatic promotion slots up for grabs, I'm certainly quite comfortable with that

fulhamfever

With the funds, squad and momentum we have. It's our position 1st place to lose.

ZM15

Quote from: fulhamfever on September 01, 2021, 09:45:18 AM
With the funds, squad and momentum we have. It's our position 1st place to lose.

We definitely should end up first, only we probably will drop points and end up losing a game or two or more. 

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 01, 2021, 09:37:19 AM
The first 90 minutes + are the most important, in the same way the first 46 League matches are the most important.

Fulham had 32 points after the "first 90 minutes" last season, let's play "90 minutes plus stoppage time" this season.

Steven Ageroad

Max Headroom

I started supporting Fulham because of the style of play. Parker made going to games a chore and frankly not enjoyable.

I'm happier about the style of play than all the wins as I want to go to games again. I'm not complaining about the points, the fact Mitro has scored as many goals in August as he did last season or the fact we have scored two thirds of the home goals as we did last season in three games