watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Watching sport on tv

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 10, 2021, 10:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

How much do you pay (globally, not just UK)....any tip's to share on reducing cost

Southcoastffc

Always try hesgoal.com before laying out any money  - they don't just show football.  They had the last England v India test and today have cycling, golf, rugby, motor sports. 
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Somerset Fulham

Any sport that is on tv can be streamed though the many thousands of streaming sites that are out there. This obviously costs nothing if that is your thing. 

Or are you talking about what people are paying for legitimate channels?

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 10, 2021, 01:29:50 PM
Any sport that is on tv can be streamed though the many thousands of streaming sites that are out there. This obviously costs nothing if that is your thing. 

Or are you talking about what people are paying for legitimate channels?

A bit of both.... I've got sky & stream bit's....just wondering what else is available

dgnffc

I've recently given up Sky but am now thinking of taking up the Sky Sports package through NowTV which gives you access to all the Sports channels for about £33pm, which is a lot cheaper than I was paying to Sky.

And on up to 6 devices also.

Has anyone else done this?

Somerset Fulham

With a bit of searching you'll find pretty much anything on a stream but sometimes it can be frustrating finding it. As mentioned above, the favourite on here seems to be Hesgoal and he shows quite a bit but there are thousands of others too.

As for paid subscriptions, well my entire set up that covers almost everything is:

Netflix £12.99
Prime £7.99
NowTV Free (with their broadband, I would pay extra to watch a game)
BT SPorts Free (With my phone contract)
Disney Plus £5.99

I never watch live tv anymore unless it is a sporting event, I just don't see the point. That's not to say that I don't think institutions such as the BBC aren't great, they still produce some amazing tv that I will stream via one of the other services.

But overall, I have a huge amount of television at my fingertips literally for peanuts.  Add in the £20 cost of internet to that lot and it is still ridiculously cheap when compared to sh!thouses such as Sky and Virgin.

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: dgnffc on September 10, 2021, 02:53:16 PM
I've recently given up Sky but am now thinking of taking up the Sky Sports package through NowTV which gives you access to all the Sports channels for about £33pm, which is a lot cheaper than I was paying to Sky.

I've just updated my sky package....£45/month....signature, sports & cinema..... broadband with plusnet

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 10, 2021, 02:54:51 PM
With a bit of searching you'll find pretty much anything on a stream but sometimes it can be frustrating finding it. As mentioned above, the favourite on here seems to be Hesgoal and he shows quite a bit but there are thousands of others too.

As for paid subscriptions, well my entire set up that covers almost everything is:

Netflix £12.99
Prime £7.99
NowTV Free (with their broadband, I would pay extra to watch a game)
BT SPorts Free (With my phone contract)
Disney Plus £5.99

I never watch live tv anymore unless it is a sporting event, I just don't see the point. That's not to say that I don't think institutions such as the BBC aren't great, they still produce some amazing tv that I will stream via one of the other services.

But overall, I have a huge amount of television at my fingertips literally for peanuts.  Add in the £20 cost of internet to that lot and it is still ridiculously cheap when compared to sh!thouses such as Sky and Virgin.

I've been thinking about prime....might try it for a month trial

dgnffc

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 10, 2021, 03:09:04 PM

I've just updated my sky package....£45/month....signature, sports & cinema..... broadband with plusnet

I've already got Prime and Netflix so only interested in the Sports channels from Sky as I never watched anything else hence the reason to drop it. They were charging me £82pm at the time but would only negotiate down to £56

Somerset Fulham

Prime is fantastic value, especially with the free next day delivery from Amazon thrown in too.  And because it is Amazon they just throw money at their live coverages, I am yet to see it done badly yet.   I also probably watch that more than the others too.

I would also very much recommend Disney+, it's got so much more to it than Super hero and Princess movies. I'm fairly sure that you can get a free trial on that as well.

ianthailand

Hi H4.
Covid still rife in Thailand. Samrong improved greatly but Sangkha, Surin worse. When i went to Sangkha in early May i had to isolate in my home for 2 weeks now, i would have to go in local hospital for the 2 week isolation. Needless to say i ain't doing that.
Re: Satellite charges. Last August i paid circa 630 GBP for 13 months but this was the top package (includes PL, Fox Sports, BBC Earth and News, Animal Planet, Films and loads of other Thai and English speaking channels. This was in Samrong.
Sangkha i paid 660 GBP for 13 months Platinum (top package) and 12 months Internet. Split circa 440/220 GBP.
No Championship coverage to my knowledge in Thailand. I will drop Satellite until FFC return to PL.

PS: Forgot 170 GBP FFCTV.

MartyFFC

Just checked and I pay Sky £150 a month including broadband etc; think I need to give them a call. It really irritates me the way they pull your trousers down as soon as your agreement is up, and unless you go through the tedium of ringing up and threatening to leave they'll continue to pull your trousers down for as long as they can. Should just be a fixed price for whatever services you have

RaySmith

I'm paying  £20 per month for Now TV Sport, special offer, at the moment, after cancelling at the end of last season.

Also subscribe to FFCTV  for a fiver a month, with optional £10 extra for the live games  when shown.

Last season subscribed to  BT and Prime to watch Fulham games, but cancelled these at the end of the season.

sunburywhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on September 10, 2021, 04:46:56 PM
Just checked and I pay Sky £150 a month including broadband etc; think I need to give them a call. It really irritates me the way they pull your trousers down as soon as your agreement is up, and unless you go through the tedium of ringing up and threatening to leave they'll continue to pull your trousers down for as long as they can. Should just be a fixed price for whatever services you have

I am paying £38 for full TV on Sky (less Disney Channel)
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Logicalman

Obviously different in each Country, though for the States we have had Prime for yonks and so the FireTV stick is doing us proud, together with 5.99 a month for ESPN, 25 for Sling (so we can get NBCSN) and as we had to move to use XFinity for our Internet provider (when we moved house) they supply, free of charge, a Flex box, which is just another streaming dongle like FireTV, which includes premium version of Peacock, which is NBC's internet streaming app, including Prem games and other sports, as well as movies etc. We've also just been told our Sling will be provided free for 2 months via our Verizon phone account.
Additionally, there are agreements between Verizon & Comcast coming into effect that might further prove advantageous.

The moral of all this is, for legitimate services, the big players are looking at merging certain services that might just benefit both themselves and bring down costs for consumers, though this doesn't affect things such as FFCTv unfortunately.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

H4usuallysitting

I ring them immediately it goes up....., They put it up to £48....; I rang and straight back to £45.... Plusnet for broadband is basically BT but cheaper

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: sunburywhite on September 10, 2021, 05:48:53 PM

I am paying £38 for full TV on Sky (less Disney Channel)

Is that including sport & cinema

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: ianthailand on September 10, 2021, 04:39:29 PM
Hi H4.
Covid still rife in Thailand. Samrong improved greatly but Sangkha, Surin worse. When i went to Sangkha in early May i had to isolate in my home for 2 weeks now, i would have to go in local hospital for the 2 week isolation. Needless to say i ain't doing that.
Re: Satellite charges. Last August i paid circa 630 GBP for 13 months but this was the top package (includes PL, Fox Sports, BBC Earth and News, Animal Planet, Films and loads of other Thai and English speaking channels. This was in Samrong.
Sangkha i paid 660 GBP for 13 months Platinum (top package) and 12 months Internet. Split circa 440/220 GBP.
No Championship coverage to my knowledge in Thailand. I will drop Satellite until FFC return to PL.

Hello Ian, glad to hear your still staying safe..... London is bizarre at the moment.... load's of work about, but not many people going to work.....cab trade is very busy, people using cab's rather than public transport.....and load's of driver's not working at the moment, they're going back to building site work....... what's on the horizon in Thailand, is the vaccine being rolled out....what about the tourist trade

King_Crud

Internet round my way is pretty average except for Virgin, so I'm with them. I'm a sports nut so want to have all the channels, in also at an age where i can't be arsed with illegal methods anymore so am willing to pay. I get the Virgin phone, internet and TV package with all Sky Sports, BT sport's, Eurosport and Free Sport for £72 pm

blingo

Quote from: ianthailand on September 10, 2021, 04:39:29 PM
Hi H4.

I dropped DAZN for the same reason. Will be visiting Thailand Vietnam and Cambodia once the covid situation allows