Main Menu

NFR - Watching sport on tv

Started by H4usuallysitting, September 10, 2021, 10:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianthailand

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on September 10, 2021, 07:00:52 PM
Quote from: ianthailand on September 10, 2021, 04:39:29 PM
Hi H4.
Covid still rife in Thailand. Samrong improved greatly but Sangkha, Surin worse. When i went to Sangkha in early May i had to isolate in my home for 2 weeks now, i would have to go in local hospital for the 2 week isolation. Needless to say i ain't doing that.
Re: Satellite charges. Last August i paid circa 630 GBP for 13 months but this was the top package (includes PL, Fox Sports, BBC Earth and News, Animal Planet, Films and loads of other Thai and English speaking channels. This was in Samrong.
Sangkha i paid 660 GBP for 13 months Platinum (top package) and 12 months Internet. Split circa 440/220 GBP.
No Championship coverage to my knowledge in Thailand. I will drop Satellite until FFC return to PL.

PS: Forgot 170 GBP FFCTV.

Hello Ian, glad to hear your still staying safe..... London is bizarre at the moment.... load's of work about, but not many people going to work.....cab trade is very busy, people using cab's rather than public transport.....and load's of driver's not working at the moment, they're going back to building site work....... what's on the horizon in Thailand, is the vaccine being rolled out....what about the tourist trade
Apparently plenty of vaccine in my province - Samutprakarn (spoke with my Doc on Monday), don't know other areas. Countries advised not to travel to Thailand. Bangkok is still not good but clubs and bars are now allowed to open, so that will attract some tourism. Seems risky to me but, like the UK, Thailand probably needs to get moving again. Pleased to hear you're keeping busy. Loadsa money!!! You and yours stay safe as well.

ianthailand

Quote from: blingo on September 10, 2021, 07:40:27 PM
Quote from: ianthailand on September 10, 2021, 04:39:29 PM
Hi H4.
Covid still rife in Thailand. Samrong improved greatly but Sangkha, Surin worse. When i went to Sangkha in early May i had to isolate in my home for 2 weeks now, i would have to go in local hospital for the 2 week isolation. Needless to say i ain't doing that.
Re: Satellite charges. Last August i paid circa 630 GBP for 13 months but this was the top package (includes PL, Fox Sports, BBC Earth and News, Animal Planet, Films and loads of other Thai and English speaking channels. This was in Samrong.
Sangkha i paid 660 GBP for 13 months Platinum (top package) and 12 months Internet. Split circa 440/220 GBP.
No Championship coverage to my knowledge in Thailand. I will drop Satellite until FFC return to PL.

PS: Forgot 170 GBP FFCTV.

I dropped DAZN for the same reason. Will be visiting Thailand Vietnam and Cambodia once the covid situation allows
Some way off Mr. Blingo i'm afraid. H4 and I update fairly frequently, stay tuned.

CorkCity

Ireland is the best place to be for cheap TV, I have all Sky, BT, IFollow, Netflix, all Uk & USA, Canadian channels including sports, Bein Sports,  new movies which are in the cinema, catch up, box sets, Video on Demand all for €120 per year, €10 a month
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

H4usuallysitting

Quote from: CorkCity on September 11, 2021, 11:16:43 AM
Ireland is the best place to be for cheap TV, I have all Sky, BT, IFollow, Netflix, all Uk & USA, Canadian channels including sports, Bein Sports,  new movies which are in the cinema, catch up, box sets, Video on Demand all for €120 per year, €10 a month

Flip my boot's.....how does that work

richnj

Can someone explain to me why today in the States I can't watch Fulham?  It was showing up on ESPN+ all week, now today, it's gone.  I just don't understand why almost every other Championship game is shown, but not Fulham.  Ever.  I'm tired of chasing streams, and FFCtv sucks balls in trying to navigate to actually get it going when you do pay for it (and then I have to cast it to a tv from my phone, all around a pain).

Just put it on ESPN+.  Or NBCSports.  Not Fubo, which I have to pay $160 a month to subscribe to?  Jesus H.

Logicalman

Quote from: richnj on September 11, 2021, 02:28:20 PM
Can someone explain to me why today in the States I can't watch Fulham?  It was showing up on ESPN+ all week, now today, it's gone.  I just don't understand why almost every other Championship game is shown, but not Fulham.  Ever.  I'm tired of chasing streams, and FFCtv sucks balls in trying to navigate to actually get it going when you do pay for it (and then I have to cast it to a tv from my phone, all around a pain).

Just put it on ESPN+.  Or NBCSports.  Not Fubo, which I have to pay $160 a month to subscribe to?  Jesus H.

Because Sky was due to show it but changed. Thus it was therefore not available for ESPN to show, and so FFCTv picked the EFL feed up, but it was not an enhanced stream and so they simultaneously had the Audio stream running as well with GJ.

From FFC.com: https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/september/Blackpool-Matchday-Preview/

FFCtv
Due to a late change in the scheduling, this match has no longer been selected for live overseas broadcast, which means that our supporters outside of the UK and Ireland will be able to watch on FFCtv. Full details regarding Saturday's stream can be found here. All other FFCtv subscribers can listen to live commentary from Gentleman Jim and Jamie Reid.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.