watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The most pointless chant.

Started by Andy S, September 22, 2021, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

The most pointless chant ever has to be "stand up if you love Fulham" we would not have paid good money for our seat if we didn't support the club. So excuse me but I don't feel the need to stand up for that pointless chant

Woolly Mammoth

Personally I wouldn't stand for it, and I certainly wouldn't take it sitting down either.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Pieter A’dam

Another one for this list is the Leeds' song last night "European champions". What a joke 😀.

Andy S

Was it the Juventus chant that went up "stand up if you still believe" that had the whole ground singing. That got the fans and the players all uniting as one

gang

I have to agree Andy, I always tell anyone who stands up in front of me to sit down so I can see, they take a look at me, think about it and sit down.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Andy S on September 22, 2021, 12:38:51 PM
Was it the Juventus chant that went up "stand up if you still believe" that had the whole ground singing. That got the fans and the players all uniting as one
Yes it was and what a night that was.  The best game I have ever been to at the Cottage and I doubt it will ever be surpassed.  I am quite sure we gave the players a massive boost too.  I will never forget watching from the Hammy End as Clint's goal sailed over their keeper and into the back of the net and the whole ground erupted...

Sgt Fulham

They need to make a sign above all of the turnstiles. No making noise and ESPECIALLY no standing up. Whippersnappers make your way to CFC.

gang

All seating stadiums were brought in after violence on the terraces and is backed by the law of the land, if people don't like it get Parliament to change the law in the meantime it should be obeyed.

bog

Perhaps the chant should be 'Stand up if you want to get on the nerves of those sat behind you.'

092.gif

I Ronic

It was a moment in time. We were on our way out of the Europa. I think it started in the JH. It did have an amazing effect on everyone that night. It hasn't aged well though.
We could adapt it to "stand up, but we're too old now"

sarnian

Is this a library is the most pointless chant.  You hear it every game at every ground in the country including all premiership clubs. Pointless

H4usuallysitting

bobbo

Gang , im taking you to the next away game I go to if you can make em sit .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Statto

Quote from: sarnian on September 22, 2021, 02:01:44 PM
Is this a library is the most pointless chant.  You hear it every game at every ground in the country including all premiership clubs. Pointless

*This is* a library

It's a statement not a question

MikeTheCubed

How about "can we sing a song for you"? Inevitable what follows.

Jurassic Parker

God you lot need to get some fresh air

Fulham 442

Quote from: Statto on September 22, 2021, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: sarnian on September 22, 2021, 02:01:44 PM

*This is* a library

It's a statement not a question
I think you will find they are both sung...

Jim©

Quote from: gang on September 22, 2021, 01:31:26 PM
All seating stadiums were brought in after violence on the terraces and is backed by the law of the land, if people don't like it get Parliament to change the law in the meantime it should be obeyed.

It seems that they already are. Trials are taking place at a few clubs this season to monitor the effect of having safe standing areas. I'm all for it.

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: gang on September 22, 2021, 01:31:26 PM

Section 12 of the 1872 Licensing Act stipulates that it is illegal to be drunk in a pub. If people don't like it get Parliament to change the law in the meantime it should be obeyed.

Andy S

So am I . I'm not against standing but, I want a good reason for it. I was always on the terraces before the 1980s but as you get older and cannot stand as long there is nothing like a nice seat. But when people stand up as the prospect of a goal approaches, I've missed plenty.