This isn’t on Marco - the Players missed so many

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 25, 2021, 04:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Emm thought provoking.... :005: :022:

092.gif

Dodgin

FFC1987

To be honest, re-reading my comment, I'm still happy with it. It'll be even tougher next season so if Mitro is out of form or not quite hitting the goals we need, he'll still help and havign 3 capable strikers seems to be the necessity in the Prem. Even Burnley who generally play one up top always has 3 options.

Craven Mad

The bigger surprise is that someone bothered to remember one comment and drag it back up 8 months later...

ffcthereligion

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 05, 2022, 12:40:03 PM
The bigger surprise is that someone bothered to remember one comment and drag it back up 8 months later...

I am deeply proud at my own pettiness! The comment stuck with me such was its inaccuracy and I felt it prudent to dig up to highlight how wrong things said by fans after a disappointing result can turn out to be

rebel

Quote from: FFC1987 on May 05, 2022, 12:16:59 PM
To be honest, re-reading my comment, I'm still happy with it. It'll be even tougher next season so if Mitro is out of form or not quite hitting the goals we need, he'll still help and havign 3 capable strikers seems to be the necessity in the Prem. Even Burnley who generally play one up top always has 3 options.

I agree 100% with the comments, even if Mitro had scored 75 goals this season, at times this season he has been wasteful. That is a fact.

rebel

Quote from: ffcthereligion on May 05, 2022, 03:31:50 PM

I am deeply proud at my own pettiness! The comment stuck with me such was its inaccuracy and I felt it prudent to dig up to highlight how wrong things said by fans after a disappointing result can turn out to be

Am I wrong? in August I said Mitro would score 45 goals, I think he could easily have been on more. My comments on him have proven to be correct.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on May 05, 2022, 03:46:30 PM

I agree 100% with the comments, even if Mitro had scored 75 goals this season, at times this season he has been wasteful. That is a fact.

It is only a fact if there were an objective criteria for what constitutes 'wastefulness'. Their isn't, however. As such, it is your subjective opinion, and certainly not a fact.

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on May 05, 2022, 04:55:32 PM

It is only a fact if there were an objective criteria for what constitutes 'wastefulness'. Their isn't, however. As such, it is your subjective opinion, and certainly not a fact.

Mitro missed easy opportunities to score, whilst converting more difficult chances, so based on that, it's factually correct.

Lighthouse

I think this thread was clearly spot on. The fact we scored so many goals in the end but only now secured the Championship means we were wasteful in games. We also had some very odd results. So we can rightly enjoy these great moments. But it doesn't nullify the criticism when it comes along.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rebel

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 05, 2022, 06:43:44 PM
I think this thread was clearly spot on. The fact we scored so many goals in the end but only now secured the Championship means we were wasteful in games. We also had some very odd results. So we can rightly enjoy these great moments. But it doesn't nullify the criticism when it comes along.

Neat post.

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on May 05, 2022, 05:24:44 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on May 05, 2022, 04:55:32 PM

Mitro missed easy opportunities to score, whilst converting more difficult chances, so based on that, it's factually correct.

You must surely be joking? Anyways, thanks for the discussion.

ChesterTheTabby

As the OP of the original post (but not the comment you are laughing at) HOW DID YOU REMEMBER THIS!? WHAT KIND OF A MIND PALACE DO YOU HAVE? impressive.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ffcthereligion

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on May 05, 2022, 08:50:01 PM

As the OP of the original post (but not the comment you are laughing at) HOW DID YOU REMEMBER THIS!? WHAT KIND OF A MIND PALACE DO YOU HAVE? impressive.

An overly neurotic, slightly spiteful and semi photographic one most likely! Thank you