watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This isn’t on Marco - the Players missed so many

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 25, 2021, 04:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

The players missed so many open opportunities and one on ones. Disgraceful really, but a point and we move on.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

WolverineFFC

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on September 25, 2021, 04:54:48 PM
The players missed so many open opportunities and one on ones. Disgraceful really, but a point and we move on.

Loads of chances. Could have put it away and their offside goal would not have mattered.

Dodger53

filham

We really should have scored more, so many chances but also worrying how teams can put us under pressure with crosses particularly from set pieces.

ChesterTheTabby

Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

The passing was off in the first half. The second half we could have had a hatful of goals. This is beginning to feel like a continuing problem. These are basics and for some reason since our good start we just seem to be lacking in the basics. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Worcesterwhite

filham

Quote from: Dodger53 on September 25, 2021, 04:57:52 PM
Bringing on cav was marco
Cav. only had minutes on the pitch but he managed a trade mark miss with his close in shot going way over the bar.
However Mitro, Wilson and Kebano were also guilty of missing golden chances.

Caedal

The only thing I worry about with how we're set up, is that we need the team to play at a high tempo to be at all effective. The minute we start playing slowly we look really poor and sloppy on the ball.

rebel

Mitro would have scored his chances in the last five minutes if it was Serbia. He just shows more composure for them.

LittleErn

Fulham1959

Even in our promotion season, 2 years ago, I was amazed that Mitro was the league's top scorer.  He's so wasteful in front of goal - the opposite of clinical - and doesn't have a particularly hard shot to boot (forgive the pun}.

davew

Quote from: Caedal on September 25, 2021, 05:03:17 PM
The only thing I worry about with how we're set up, is that we need the team to play at a high tempo to be at all effective. The minute we start playing slowly we look really poor and sloppy on the ball.
Wasn't that the Parkerball system?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Arthur

Quote from: Fulham1959 on September 25, 2021, 07:09:49 PM
He's so wasteful in front of goal - the opposite of clinical - and doesn't have a particularly hard shot to boot (forgive the pun}.

If it ain't a tap in, Mitrovic ain't scoring it.

FFC1987

Mitrovic can't miss the chances he does and feel comfortable he'll start the next match. If this club really wants to push on, he needs competition and when he's not finishing, he gets replaced. Same as in the prem, same now. That's not a put down but the finishing from him and others has been....sub par.

RaySmith

Fine margins as they say.

Mitro did well to get on the end of those efforts, and there were often only inches between  a great goal, and an awful miss.

Both him and Wilson seem to have lost a bit of confidence, after results hasn't gone our way after our great start to the season, but scoring, and winning games, will soon restore that.

We should have won yesterday, but our luck hasn't been in, though it was a point away, and  at one stage they looked very likely to score another- but well done  to our defenders for a heroic effort, particularly Odoi and Ream.

rebel

Quote from: Arthur on September 25, 2021, 10:27:32 PM
He's so wasteful in front of goal - the opposite of clinical - and doesn't have a particularly hard shot to boot (forgive the pun}.

If it ain't a tap in, Mitrovic ain't scoring it.

He lobbed the keeper from 30 yards for Serbia.

MartyFFC

The number of times Cavaleiro has shot wildly over the bar the past couple of seasons, must be approaching 3 figures. Literally never seen a player with so little composure, seems his 2 smart finishes against Huddersfield were an anomaly

Huxley

Can anyone tell me if Munich has pace and is quicker than Cav? I agree Cav is wasteful but from memory he is pretty quick. Bringing on Cav over Muniz would make sense in terms of having pace on yeh counter attack and also being able to track back if necessary. Bringing on Muniz (who is unproven, and doesn't exactly have a scoring record) would be more of a gamble which is not necessary at this stage of the season.

ffcthereligion

Even in our promotion season, 2 years ago, I was amazed that Mitro was the league's top scorer.  He's so wasteful in front of goal - the opposite of clinical - and doesn't have a particularly hard shot to boot (forgive the pun}.

Hahahahahahahaha