more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Not a cake walk after all!

Started by bill taylors apprentice, September 25, 2021, 05:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 26, 2021, 01:23:05 AM
111 points. Great. The rate we're going won't be enough for top 2 so great....

Debatable. Still averaging 1.9 points per game which would be enough for top 2 most seasons. So there's a good chance that even if we just keep doing what we've done so far, we go up automatically.

Woolly Mammoth

I do not know why this is being debated in September, too much doom on one side, and too much cocky ness on the otherside. Somewhere in between is the best stance until at least the new year.
Still I suppose it keeps everybody off Scott Parkers back.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2021, 02:36:23 AM

Debatable. Still averaging 1.9 points per game which would be enough for top 2 most seasons. So there's a good chance that even if we just keep doing what we've done so far, we go up automatically.

It's debatable for sure. But the way we're heading and how others are picking up points in harder fixtures, I'll not be betting on the lucrative top 2 finish. We're currently on behind Coventry after some pretty tame fixtures with much harder to come. I'm not very optimistic about our chances right now but we'll see I guess.

Statto

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 26, 2021, 03:35:41 PM

It's debatable for sure. But the way we're heading and how others are picking up points in harder fixtures, I'll not be betting on the lucrative top 2 finish. We're currently on behind Coventry after some pretty tame fixtures with much harder to come. I'm not very optimistic about our chances right now but we'll see I guess.

Yeah but with all due respect mate you're never optimistic about anything on here

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on September 26, 2021, 03:51:37 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 26, 2021, 03:35:41 PM

Yeah but with all due respect mate you're never optimistic about anything on here

I don't think that's entirely true. When we're winning and riding high im on here praising albeit with the caveat that I'm not sure we'll be p*sing the league. Based on your posts, I know you don't really seem too phased if we go up as you'd rather watch entertaining forward thinking football. And that's cool. But I just want to see us finish top 2 and show some progress as a club. Another playoff finishing season isn't progress or fun for me personally.

Woolly Mammoth

Walking on cake is not advisable.

Never forget your Roots.

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Twig on September 25, 2021, 08:38:59 PM
Once again we have people saying we'll walk promotion, easily make top two etc. When will we get it into our heads that it won't be as easy as that and that there are other teams and other managers who will give us a serious run for our money?

Agreed.

So much arrogance on this page in the past few weeks that the league would be a breeze.

Hopefully some humility and modesty can be restored.

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 27, 2021, 05:35:00 AM
Once again we have people saying we'll walk promotion, easily make top two etc. When will we get it into our heads that it won't be as easy as that and that there are other teams and other managers who will give us a serious run for our money?

Agreed.

So much arrogance on this page in the past few weeks that the league would be a breeze.

The league is a 'breeze' but not if you build momentum (win four in a row), then' shoot yourself in the foot', week in week out.
You can analyses the points dropped this season, we've defeated ourselves, whether it's team selection, not taking opportunities,
not defending well etc. 

FFC In Oz

Quote from: rebel on September 27, 2021, 09:07:08 AM

Agreed.

The league is a 'breeze' but not if you build momentum (win four in a row), then' shoot yourself in the foot', week in week out.
You can analyses the points dropped this season, we've defeated ourselves, whether it's team selection, not taking opportunities,
not defending well etc. 

Problem is if we keep "shooting ourselves in the foot" then the gap to the auto promotion spots will become insurmountable

toshes mate

The only real 'fails' I see from what has happened thus far this season are the dropped points at home and we have recent history about failing miserably at the Cottage.  But we are still on track for an impressve season if we improve our control of what we can control and let the results come along as a consequence of doing so as they most surely will.   I am sure Marco Silva also has high expectations from this squad but results are random and the secret is to not let the last game outcome influence the next game outcome - win, lose or draw.   It is striaght out of the Emma Raducanu playbook.   Play for every point on its own merits. 

Baszab

FFC & WBA still 6/4 on favourites for promotion

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 27, 2021, 09:18:02 AM

Agreed.

not defending well etc. 

Problem is if we keep "shooting ourselves in the foot" then the gap to the auto promotion spots will become insurmountable

No wonder we are all walking with a limp, it's that dam foot we keep shooting, and I thought I had a stone in my shoe.

Never forget your Roots.

Lordedmundo

We have the best squad and first 11 in the division.  The problem is that we are not playing to the best of our potential - specifically with regard to missing chances. 

I think one issue is that some of the games have been too easy - in terms of us outplaying the opposition from the start in the first 5 games. It has meant that complacency has set in. Most notably apparent against Blackpool where we just thought we could turn up to win and to a lesser extent against Reading. The missing of chances has been a big factor and really we shouldn't be missing Carvalho as much as we have been.

A bit too much negativity on the board to be honest. It's not as if the teams above us have been playing brilliantly and are uncatchable. In the case of Bournemouth, they have been winning games (predominately against teams in the lower reaches of the table) by a single goal. Aganst Luton they only had 6 shots attempts in the entire match. 

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 27, 2021, 11:18:11 AM

Agreed.

not defending well etc. 

No wonder we are all walking with a limp, it's that dam foot we keep shooting, and I thought I had a stone in my shoe.

:005: :005: 082.gif we should shoot the other foot to even up the pain

rebel

Agreed.

not defending well etc. 

Listen, only a 'pebble' would worry a 10 ton dinosaur.

rebel

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 27, 2021, 12:23:26 PM

Agreed.

not defending well etc. 

:005: :005: 082.gif we should shoot the other foot to even up the pain

Don't encourage him.

Denver Fulham

Agreed.

not defending well etc. 

Solution: Our players should wear cleats decorated with the back of the net on them. Then when they try to shoot themselves in the feet, they'll miss.

LittleErn

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 27, 2021, 02:10:27 PM

Agreed.

not defending well etc. 

Solution: Our players should wear cleats decorated with the back of the net on them. Then when they try to shoot themselves in the feet, they'll miss.

😂

WindyCity

Quote from: Skatzoffc on September 25, 2021, 06:28:44 PM
But these teams will be wrecked by 2nd half of the season with injuries etc.

HUH?  FFC is wrecked by injuries NOW!  What happens 2nd half???

""Mitro could/should have had 4.""

Sorry, woulda, coulda, shouldas simply don't count on the scoreboard. 

WindyCity

Quote from: jayffc on September 25, 2021, 09:59:51 PM
Quote from: filham on September 25, 2021, 09:50:11 PM
Not what we expected at this stage, 4 points behind Bournmouth, out of the top two, struggling to score goals and hard to see how the manager is going to correct that.
We're still the league top scorers, hardly struggling....Well be fine in my opinion....Everyone panicking so soon are off the mark, we were the better team today and there's a long way to go....Well be fine, I fully expect well be fighting for that top 2 come the end of the season

I just can't buy much of this.  Being league top scorers was accumulated over first 5 games, not reflective at all over the recent handful of games.  FFC is struggling right now.  Being the 'better team' means a win, not a draw or loss.  I'm not panicking right now, still early days, but at this moment in time FFC does not look like a top 2 side.  The results/table explain that clearly, as does recent form.