watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Game Thread: Fulham 3-1 Swansea

Started by Friendsoffulham, September 29, 2021, 10:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Fulham fans, as we return to winning ways, what were your thoughts on tonight's 3-1 win over Swansea City? Nice to see Mitro back amongst the goals, with good performances from Kebano, Bryan and a few others. How did you think Silva lined up, were his tactics right, did he get the subs spot on? Let us know your post Match thoughts below

#FFC #FULHAMFC #FULSWA

049:gif

bencher

Swansea reminded me of us under Parker.

A good win for the confidence but concerns about further injuries.

Caedal

Good win overall, and has done Mitro a world of good after missing those chances at the end of the last game. I thought Odoi, Kebano and Seri played well also. Reed seems to be still catching up on match fitness but did ok. I would have liked to see Wilson given a chance at number 10 until Carvalho is back. Cav coming on is still a mystery.

I thought the change to 5 at the back after Bryan's injury, just totally killed the game for both teams, I personally would have shifted Ream to LB and kept the formation the same, but it worked anyway. Muniz looked pretty frustrated at one point, and I thought he was going to get himself sent off when the red mist came down and he almost kicked out

Roll on Coventry who were apparently abysmal defensively tonight. I hope we have a LB fit for that

Finnans Right Peg

We should have had another full back on the bench ,Christiefor hector lets say ,then we just bring Christie on and odoi goes to left full but in fairness we killed the game by goin 3 at the back ,IMO kebano was killing their defenders but got lost when we went 3 at the back .

Happy for the 3 points COYW

Putney Pride

Cracking first half performance, as others have said the game went flat when we went to a back five.

Best players were Mitro, Odoi and Kebano. The negatives were how laboured we look at times trying to play out from the back, we do it time and time again. Seri was robbed a few times on the edge of our box and Ream and Reed were both a bit dodgy in their own half at times. We also give away cheap free kicks I dangerous areas too much. Defensively I feel there is huge improvement to be made, Swansea were fairly toothless up top and we didn't stop them from scoring which is telling. We haven't kept many clean sheets this season and you can see why.

On the flipside, Mitro is a top striker at this level and will bag 25+ goals, he was superb. Some of the counter attacking play was amazing but I did think Swansea were very poor in the first half and made it easy for us. Some of the interplay with our midfielders was high level and Kebano needs to stay in the team!

Overall, a solid performance but there will be sterner tests ahead.

bobbo

In answer to did I agree with the subs , the cavaliero for Wilson i certainly wasn't happy about .
1975 just leaving home full of hope

General

I was contemplating whether we're actually more of a counter-attacking side as not for the first time this season we've won and done well but scored a lot of our goals on the counter.

Swansea also dominated us with 60% possession at our ground and looked much better than a 3-1 scoreline.

Under pressure, whilst we managed to not concede more than one at times we did look vulnerable and they could've have arguably, like us admittedly, scored a few more and arguably should've.

I'm glad we won, mitro did very well and there were some great performances throughout the side - kebano, Bryan for instance.. but when mitro and Wilson went off, we definitely went a bit flat.

Let's see how we do against Coventry on the weekend.

Glad to see the win though against a good Swansea side.

Somerset Fulham

People keep talking about dropping Ream (who has been top drawer for us all season so far) for Mawson, but personally I think Tosin is the weak link at the back right now and has been for a little while.

However, this was a good result tonight against another improving side. Obviously we blew them away in the first half, but it was almost as satisfying to see us fairly comfortably hold them at arms length in the second half when they were pushing to get back into it.

We are back on track here, and results mostly went our way tonight too, so as usual there will be no getting carried away in this neck of the woods but I am very pleased with the evenings work.

General

Quote from: bobbo on September 29, 2021, 10:48:12 PM
In answer to did I agree with the subs , the cavaliero for Wilson i certainly wasn't happy about .

Cav was poor again, which was disappointing to see as historically he's offered a lot more at this level. But the substitution given the scoreline seemed a logical thing to do given our next game is against 4th place in 3 days.

70sPimlico

Quote from: General on September 29, 2021, 10:55:03 PM
Quote from: bobbo on September 29, 2021, 10:48:12 PM

Cav was poor again, which was disappointing to see as historically he's offered a lot more at this level. But the substitution given the scoreline seemed a logical thing to do given our next game is against 4th place in 3 days.

I thought the subs were used to put pace on and put pressure on their push to avoid us completely sitting back. It worked. Cav was on for 19 mins and did what he was brought on to do.

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on September 29, 2021, 10:52:27 PM
I was contemplating whether we're actually more of a counter-attacking side as not for the first time this season we've won and done well but scored a lot of our goals on the counter.

Swansea also dominated us with 60% possession at our ground and looked much better than a 3-1 scoreline.

Under pressure, whilst we managed to not concede more than one at times we did look vulnerable and they could've have arguably, like us admittedly, scored a few more and arguably should've.

I'm glad we won, mitro did very well and there were some great performances throughout the side - kebano, Bryan for instance.. but when mitro and Wilson went off, we definitely went a bit flat.

Let's see how we do against Coventry on the weekend.

Glad to see the win though against a good Swansea side.

They had 60% possession but did naff all with it. Was like watching Parkerball in that they passed the ball about and got near our 18 yard box and then thought "ah sh*t what now?". I reckon most of that was accumulated around their defenders in the second half when we shut up shop and allowed them to keep the ball at arms length, was just a very disciplined performance apart from Tosin and Odoi having major brain fades for their goal

General

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on September 29, 2021, 10:54:02 PM
People keep talking about dropping Ream (who has been top drawer for us all season so far) for Mawson, but personally I think Tosin is the weak link at the back right now and has been for a little while.

However, this was a good result tonight against another improving side. Obviously we blew them away in the first half, but it was almost as satisfying to see us fairly comfortably hold them at arms length in the second half when they were pushing to get back into it.

We are back on track here, and results mostly went our way tonight too, so as usual there will be no getting carried away in this neck of the woods but I am very pleased with the evenings work.

Hmm, he was at fault for their goal in my eyes, and it's not the first time this season his naivety has been a fault for us and seeing us look unsteady at the back - but he's pretty reliable usually and his height and ability in the tackle most of the time is pretty decent.

The height in particular is a big thing- tonight's team had seri, Reed, BDR, Wilson, neeskens and Bryan all in the line up and a shaky GK in Gazzaniga. Tosin does well when heading etc and dominates in a way perhaps we take for granted.

ThT said we do have Hector (who dominated at this level for us last time) and mawson who has been an England International so tempting to tweak. Is mawson a left footed player? Maybe that's why ream has had precedence.

Thought Odoi did very well today and aware both he and Bryan got assists.

Really feel Gazzaniga is a liability and would like to see as a priority Rodak given a shot in the sticks first out of any changes we make.

VamosFFC

Quote from: Caedal on September 29, 2021, 10:08:39 PM
Good win overall, and has done Mitro a world of good after missing those chances at the end of the last game. I thought Odoi, Kebano and Seri played well also. Reed seems to be still catching up on match fitness but did ok. I would have liked to see Wilson given a chance at number 10 until Carvalho is back. Cav coming on is still a mystery.

I thought the change to 5 at the back after Bryan's injury, just totally killed the game for both teams, I personally would have shifted Ream to LB and kept the formation the same, but it worked anyway. Muniz looked pretty frustrated at one point, and I thought he was going to get himself sent off when the red mist came down and he almost kicked out

Roll on Coventry who were apparently abysmal defensively tonight. I hope we have a LB fit for that

I have to agree here. Once Bryan went off, our attack just seemed to sputter out. It really goes to show how much of an effect Bryan had on the game. I'm one of the few here who is for Bryan starting at left-back, but picking up this injury is not doing him any favors in taking the spot from Robinson.

Also, does anyone else think Muniz had a poor game today for the time he was on? He just looked lost out there and looked to be scrambling for everything. Kind of reminded me of Robinson, but as a striker...Imagine if his shot from inside our half had gone in. Just a little more height and power and it would have made it.

Carborundum

Great first half.  Saw the game out in the second.

The five at the back was smart management.  Their right winger gave Joe Bryan a hard time and was all set to have Tim Ream on toast.  BDR did very well in what was effectively a man for man marking job.

Kebano played extremely well and deserves more starts.  I'm still not convinced by Wilson's defensive work.  Time and again Odoi is targeted and I don't think it's because he's a bad defender, it's because there's space around him.  Cavaliero did much better helping out, but wasn't as useful going forwards.

Poor old Muniz watched Mitro get amazing service then received meagre scraps.  I'd read nothing in to it.

Perhaps the most dazzling display was provided by.....the new stand floodlights.  Will consider bringing Raybans for our next evening game.

ealex40

We had better play better than that in future, if we want automatic promotion. We were outplayed in the second half and the best player on the pitch was Matt Grimes.....wish we had signed him. He seemed to have more ideas than most of our team. 

The Rock

Mitros 3rd goal was one of the best I've seen.

We are the better team and won.

Stats/Sofa score man has to be unhappy, they had more possession. Reach out to Scott Parker for answers there.

We were lucky?

Deeping_white

Quote from: ealex40 on September 30, 2021, 12:02:07 AM

We had better play better than that in future, if we want automatic promotion. We were outplayed in the second half and the best player on the pitch was Matt Grimes.....wish we had signed him. He seemed to have more ideas than most of our team. 

Really not sure how you come to the conclusion that they outplayed us in the second half (they didn't have a shot on target or make Gazza do anything of note) and how Grimes was the best player on the pitch, because he did nothing of note either. Sky quite rightly ripped into Swansea for our second goal because their midfield was casually jogging back as we attacked, and your best player on the pitch was one of those players who didn't help out defensively

Woolly Mammoth

We did very well at the end considering we had to play with ten men after Wilson was subbed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 30, 2021, 01:25:15 AM
We did very well at the end considering we had to play with ten men after Wilson was subbed.
Thanks woolly backed up my comment
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Fulham Tup North

I think if we could ask the football league if we can play ALL of our games midweek we will remain unbeaten for the rest of the season 🤣😉👍⚽️⚽️
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"