News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Will the harshest Mitrovic doubter kindly apologise to this forum!!

Started by Nick Bateman, September 30, 2021, 05:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

filham

Mitro must be the highest scorer in the league right now, great isn't it. Can't wait to see his next goal.

perry geyton

It's Amazing what Parker did to his confidence

Borderline psychiatric  abuse

Ludlow Richard

Quote from: filham on September 30, 2021, 06:17:58 PM
Mitro must be the highest scorer in the league right now, great isn't it. Can't wait to see his next goal.

With 10 goals he is the highest league scorer in the top four divisions.

MartyFFC

Quote from: perry geyton on September 30, 2021, 06:29:35 PM
It's Amazing what Parker did to his confidence

Borderline psychiatric  abuse
Was gaslighting poor Mitro for the best part of a year

Andy S

To be fair a lot of players do not understand the art of scoring goals. They look at players and consider them slow. It is such an art other players cannot copy it you either have it or you don't
Where I will criticise Scott is his comment last week that one of his players at Bournemouth was the best goal scorers in the league. No Mitro is the best he has scored consistently at this level over several years.

Rupert

Quote from: Andy S on September 30, 2021, 08:29:06 PM
To be fair a lot of players do not understand the art of scoring goals. They look at players and consider them slow. It is such an art other players cannot copy it you either have it or you don't
Where I will criticise Scott is his comment last week that one of his players at Bournemouth was the best goal scorers in the league. No Mitro is the best he has scored consistently at this level over several years.

Yes, how dare he try to boost his man's confidence? Thank goodness we can rely on our current manager to be unflinchingly direct in his criticism of our players, whenever a hack asks if he is any good.

From my recollection, which may be wrong, Parker said his man was one of the best, not the best. A minor technicality, maybe, but it does change the comment, I believe, to something less extreme than your claim.

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Nick Bateman on September 30, 2021, 05:19:07 PM
I am referring to Scott Parker, of course...

Scott Parker does ok with the players that fit his style, but he seems incapable of making the style of his team fit players that don't perfectly fit his style.

Mawson, Seri and Mitrovic were three of the best players this club owns, yet Parker couldn't use them. Instead, Parker preferred to use Ream, Onamah, Cavelrio and Maja who are not premier league quality in any formation or style. 

Woolly Mammoth

Master Bates, it is all about opinions and he seems to have got it wrong, and clearly I got the feeling that Parker had a fall out with Mitro, Mawson and perhaps others, but that happens at many clubs with player manager relationships, that is human nature.
Even in grass roots football when I ask a player why did you leave that club, a lot of the answers are " I did not get on with manager ". When in actual fact the manager rightly or efongly didn't fancy them. Ferguson was always falling out with players and Moyes does all the time.
Something happened behind the scenes with Parker and the owners son which really sparked Parker's desire to move away to another club who wanted him more.
So sometimes it is best to not allow your personal feelings cloud your judgement.
Parker has gone, he is no Felix Magath, quite the opposite, get off his back and move on.
If you cannot get over it wait until he comes back to Fulham with Bournemouth and confront him with your diatribe. You don't even know the bloke, he has achieved more in football than you have in your profession big brother, and the rest of the Z listers. How do I know because I have had the misfortune of meeting many of these shallow untalented people who are full of themselves. In my profession I have also met you on more than one occasion, you won't remember me and I was on duty both times working close protection, but by standing in the background unnoticed I learn more when people drop their guard especially after a few free drinks, and much to your surprise I quite liked you, you are not a bad bloke when you don't put on an act and relax and are unguarded, you just have to remember to not hang out with the wrong people, but that's show business.
I think It is time to give Scott Parker a rest, and the moral of this story is you never know whose watching you.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

RaySmith

I do remember Nick from the first Big Brother  seen at the time as a daring experiment in human psychology, or portrayed as that anyway, and those first contestants were complete innocents at the  celebrity game, of course.

Nick became  national villain, unfairly i think - all he did was write names on bits of paper and show them to people, but he made it work in his favour. Well who else do you remember from that series - poor Nikki, who died recently from anorexia - and that's why people   remember her, because of her  awful illness, and boring Brian the TV handyman.

On here I find I  can't help quite liking Nick, though i probably disagree  with him on most things, and laughing at  many of his posts, and sometimes he speaks a lot of sense about the game, but i disagree with him about Scott Parker, and with everything Woolly says here.

colinwhite

Whilst i agree that Mitro has been back to his best and was very poor last season in a system that didnt suit him (or that he quite clearly didnt contribute much too) Im not sure that I agree that that was solely down to Parker. Scott Parker may have been inflexible when it came to Mitro, but the big serb was also inflexinle and that was down at least in part to him (and the 10 kilos extra weight he was carrying at the time).
Ok we are now in the championship and not the PL...but

Huge credit to Silva because he has proved that Mitro can play in a fluid counter attacking side and Mitro can link up the play and still be fast enough to get into the box when crosses arrive. On this last point I have never seen Mitro look fitter or leaner and he looks to me likes hes gained ayard in pace as a result. I hope SP is looking at Mitro with some trepidation when the sides meet because Im sure Mitro will be right up for that one !!!!

toshes mate

Ad hominen attack on a poster is the lowest form of argument and is the most commonplace abuse in the media domain.   It is also rife on this Forum.   

For a long time our former head coach appeared to marginalise Mitrovic and thereby created a significant problem for himself which he was incapable of resolving when push came to shove.  Whether or not he was alone in this or was in the company of those who worshipped his every word and decision, players or coaches, we may never know.  Whether Mitrovic compounded the situation is also an unknown but, from my perspective of 'Mitrovic the Professional', seems unlikely and the Covid19 claims are, IMO, absurd – positive tests are known to be an exceedingly unreliable way of measuring a SARS infection despite their widespread use in the case of CoV-2.   Read the science behind PCR testing and you will know why. 

That, IMO, is just some of the evidence needing to be explored if anyone wishes to intelligently argue the toss with Mr Bateman.   

Brawn

Would that be the same Scott Parker that got 26 goals out of him last time we were in this league?

Donnie Lonegan

Best thing Mitro can do, is to ram home a couple of goals against Bournemouth.

rebel

As I've said previously, Mitro always has a flyer, it's maintaining it, keep him interested. Body language is a lot better, does a lot off the ball, defending from the front. The service he's getting is improving.

He's got the same conversion rate as Clint Dempsey 1 goal in every 4 shots. Mitro has had 40 shots this season. He could easily be on 20 already this season. He might end up on astronomical number of goals.   

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: toshes mate on October 01, 2021, 12:05:40 PM
Ad hominen attack on a poster is the lowest form of argument and is the most commonplace abuse in the media domain.   It is also rife on this Forum.   

For a long time our former head coach appeared to marginalise Mitrovic and thereby created a significant problem for himself which he was incapable of resolving when push came to shove.  Whether or not he was alone in this or was in the company of those who worshipped his every word and decision, players or coaches, we may never know.  Whether Mitrovic compounded the situation is also an unknown but, from my perspective of 'Mitrovic the Professional', seems unlikely and the Covid19 claims are, IMO, absurd – positive tests are known to be an exceedingly unreliable way of measuring a SARS infection despite their widespread use in the case of CoV-2.   Read the science behind PCR testing and you will know why. 

That, IMO, is just some of the evidence needing to be explored if anyone wishes to intelligently argue the toss with Mr Bateman.   

Blimey I must write this down and read it at night, much better than a sleeping tablet.
Ok so when you have understood how the wheel works you can move on to the washing machine.

Never forget your Roots.

Gezza

Quote from: Brawn on October 01, 2021, 12:58:40 PM
Would that be the same Scott Parker that got 26 goals out of him last time we were in this league?

Exactly. What people seem to forget all too easily is that Parker was more than happy with Mitro in the Championship and Mitro was more than happy with Parker. The problem came in the Premiership. I have said it before on this forum and will say it again that Mitro , although we all love him, does not appear to be Premiership quality. At least four managers have tried to get a tune out of Mitro in the Prem and all of them have failed. 

rebel

Quote from: Gezza on October 01, 2021, 07:18:54 PM
Quote from: Brawn on October 01, 2021, 12:58:40 PM

I disagree, Mitro is Premiership quality, he scored 12 goals in a 'poor' Fulham team that got relegated. Most of the time the team were 'fire fighting'.
three managers in a season didn't help. If the team create chances he will score at any level. 

Exactly. What people seem to forget all too easily is that Parker was more than happy with Mitro in the Championship and Mitro was more than happy with Parker. The problem came in the Premiership. I have said it before on this forum and will say it again that Mitro , although we all love him, does not appear to be Premiership quality. At least four managers have tried to get a tune out of Mitro in the Prem and all of them have failed. 

I disagree, Mitro is Premiership quality, he scored 12 goals in a 'poor' Fulham team that got relegated. Most of the time the team were 'fire fighting', three managers in a season didn't help. If the team create chances he will score at any level. 

Woolly Mammoth

Mitro seems to have got the flavour again, let us hope he keeps it ticking over. He is the talisman and could be the difference between success and failure.

Never forget your Roots.

Rupert

I only hope Mr Parker has not let his membership of FoF lapse, or he won't even read this, let alone apologise as the OP demands. That would be tragic.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.