watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker's Fulham...

Started by Ferret95, October 02, 2021, 04:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferret95

... would not have lost that game 4-1 today. Was sad to see him go some of the football was turgid at times but it had to be done. However,  His team would show fight and would have a desire not to loose. That was not on show today. I was very excited about Silva and have been loving the football but this latest run of form is shivering me timbers.

LittleErn

So did we lose today because of Silva's tactics or because of individual players not performing? 

MartyFFC

Absolutely, we would've come away with a 1-0 defeat and 85% possession, with our heads held high

Arthur

Quote from: Ferret95 on October 02, 2021, 04:35:48 PM
However,  His team would show fight and would have a desire not to loose.

You'll need to do more to convince me of this.

Under Parker, once behind in a game, only once, I believe, (against QPR) did we ever fight back to win. Last season, we conceded first in 20 league matches and ending up losing 18. We scored first in 13 and only won 5.

Worcesterwhite

Let Parker go, love him, hate him, not bothered either way, he's at another club, not Fulham, not coming back.

HobGoblin

The mannequin is gone. Give it up

Ruislip White

Would have been the same outcome, but with more backward and sideways passing and no apology post match.  Some inarticulate nonsense about 'in them moments the lads need a bit about them and we was lacking that today, but there are lots of positives'

davew

I think the word Parker should be added to the abusive words library, why can't some people move on!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: HobGoblin on October 02, 2021, 05:21:15 PM
The mannequin is gone. Give it up

Errr the mannequin is above us on top of the table - for the moment

Just saying!

Woolly Mammoth

I hope when Scott Parker returns to the Cottage I expect he will get a deserved warm welcome as an ex player and ex manager. If people cannot at least do that then it would be disappointing and sad.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Dunstable Fulham

Agree with WM - I wanted him gone but we need to show dignity and respect when he returns in December.

MartyFFC

He'll be booed by a few hundred at the back of the Hammy end, and will enjoy a ripple of applause combined with stoic indifference from the rest of the crowd

davew

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 02, 2021, 07:42:54 PM
I hope when Scott Parker returns to the Cottage I expect he will get a deserved warm welcome as an ex player and ex manager. If people cannot at least do that then it would be disappointing and sad.

Agree entirely but hate all this nonsense I read on here about why didn't we get rid of him sooner and then why didn't we keep him! He has moved on and good luck to him, I don't give a sh..e about what Bournemouth do this season, if they go up and we don't, good luck to them. On paper so I read all of the time and hear other managers comments about how we have the best squad in the division, but we are not top at the moment, in fact in total disarray today, so do we need to change the manager again or just tell the players if you don't perform then you don't get paid! That is what I would do!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Plodder

All the comparisons (favourable or pejorative) with how things might have turned out if Scott Parker had been managing the team in a particular match or over a course of games are meaningless.  It is a different team playing in a different division against weaker teams. Today Bournemouth came back from 1-0 down to win 2-1.  That does not make Parker king of the comeback win, but equally it shows he can manage teams which fight back to win after falling behind.  Like all managers, Parker has strengths and weaknesses, but it really does not matter to us as Fulham supporters any more.

roberto w6

We're a good Championship team but not a great one. I think we were the same through Parker's tenure too. We should get into the play-offs, may get auto promotion but also may narrowly miss out.

My impression was that Parker did not have faith in the players and played defensively/negatively to try and minimise goals conceded. My impression so far is that Silva is more expansive and progressive to overcome limitations. While I would probably not have pulled the trigger on Parker, I'm enjoying the football this season more than I did over the last 2 seasons so am now glad that things happened the way they did.

It is inevitable that we will lose games - we do not have a super team who are indisputably better than other Championship sides - but I am confident we will bounce back and will be in the running come April/May.

Parker's Fulham would have probably lost 1-0 today but similarly would probably not have won all the games we have done or scored as many goals. We are a top 6 level Championship team currently but we should not delude ourselves that we are going to win every game. We need more/better players to be sure of auto promotion and if we do go up we are woefully short of quality not to come straight back down again.

Let's forget Parker. Time to move on - he's not bigger than our club nor was he such a success that there is reason to harp on about him. We're giving him too much credit - he's worth a paragraph in the history of Fulham, not a page and certainly not a chapter

RaySmith

Since  people keep starting threads about Parker...

He got us up first time of asking, and at one point, looked as if he was going tp keep us up in the Prem, with some great  away results - we beat Leicester, Liverpool and Everton  away last season, and drew with Arsenal and Man U.

Wil he get Bournemouth up first time of asking?

Will Silva get Fulham up?

We shall see.

But Silva is our manager now, and Parker is in the past, and  we should all get behind Silva, and forget about Parker, who is now manager of a rival.

Though I would hope and expect Fulham fans to have the class to applaud Parker on his return  to the Cottage, as Woolly says.

I thought we were doing ok yesterday until two freak  sucker punches, when we fell apart , while they played with renewed belief, and are a good side, with some  good players, even if they don't have the 'names' of our squad, but seem young and hungry.