https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coventry striker

Started by WestSussexWhite, October 05, 2021, 06:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: SkyBlueAl on October 06, 2021, 07:32:41 AM
Quote from: brightster on October 05, 2021, 08:55:59 PM
That's terrible, game changing incidents like that, why not replay the game without the scumbag and the ref should be demoted to lower leagues. We fell apart after that decision. More fuming now than I was at the time!
If you're going to make such silly suggestions, the FL should also issue Mitrovic a second yellow for continuing to get in the referees face after already being booked for it

Well that's down to the referee to manage at the time isn't it, the Cov striker cheated to deceive a match official. I imagine he'll be labelled as such now so I bet he won't get some penalties when there is contact now too

SkyBlueAl

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 06, 2021, 07:52:36 AM
That's terrible, game changing incidents like that, why not replay the game without the scumbag and the ref should be demoted to lower leagues. We fell apart after that decision. More fuming now than I was at the time!
If you're going to make such silly suggestions, the FL should also issue Mitrovic a second yellow for continuing to get in the referees face after already being booked for it

Well that's down to the referee to manage at the time isn't it, the Cov striker cheated to deceive a match official. I imagine he'll be labelled as such now so I bet he won't get some penalties when there is contact now too
It's the first time he's ever gone down like that. Mitrovic has been a master of the dark arts for years. If you're going to vilify one then you need to be balanced. Godden deserves a ban for diving, I'm not disputing that but please don't make out your team are angels

Jim©

Quote from: SkyBlueAl on October 06, 2021, 08:59:49 AM

It's the first time he's ever gone down like that. Mitrovic has been a master of the dark arts for years. If you're going to vilify one then you need to be balanced. Godden deserves a ban for diving, I'm not disputing that but please don't make out your team are angels

He does get wound up with the physical stuff he gets (refs seem to think it's ok for him to deal with).
Oddly at the weekend when he was 100% bodychecked to the ground, he got nothing but jeers from the crowd and a booking from the joke of a ref.

Sgt Fulham

Mitro rightly got a yellow card for his behaviour. He was out of line, but once booked he calmed down and was just talking to the ref. It clearly was nothing abusive as the ref used his judgement not to book him, and none of our players seemed overly concerned about it. Dont get me wrong, our team are not angels, and Mitro has got away with stuff before (playoff final vs. Brentford as one example), but the discussion here is about a player cheating, and this is not an equivalent.

I'm not convinced it would have changed the result, and you ran out worthy winners, but im very glad to see a cheat punished.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on October 06, 2021, 09:25:46 AM

Mitro rightly got a yellow card for his behaviour. He was out of line, but once booked he calmed down and was just talking to the ref. It clearly was nothing abusive as the ref used his judgement not to book him, and none of our players seemed overly concerned about it. Dont get me wrong, our team are not angels, and Mitro has got away with stuff before (playoff final vs. Brentford as one example), but the discussion here is about a player cheating, and this is not an equivalent.

I'm not convinced it would have changed the result, and you ran out worthy winners, but im very glad to see a cheat punished.
I agree with your post Sgt Fulham, although regarding the final result who knows as the dodgy penalty put them two one up in a very short space of time and we may well have rallied if it had not been given.  Still  as you rightly pointed out the discussion here is about a player cheating, which he clearly did...

filham

Quote from: SP on October 05, 2021, 07:18:04 PM
And none of the officials noticed.......
It was a very tight call and a clever dive so it is understandable that the officials got it wrong.

However it was a big call and a game changer, there should have been no penalty and a red card shown to the diver. Coventry down to ten men would certainly have taken the wind out of their sails and the match result could have been different.

We Are Premier League

Probably worth the ban for them given that they got the 3 point.

I would be happy with a ban for BDR if it means we get the 3 points against QPR...

SkyBlueAl

Quote from: filham on October 06, 2021, 11:02:55 AM
It was a very tight call and a clever dive so it is understandable that the officials got it wrong.

However it was a big call and a game changer, there should have been no penalty and a red card shown to the diver. Coventry down to ten men would certainly have taken the wind out of their sails and the match result could have been different.
It would have been a yellow card, not a red. If you're dishing out reds for stuff that isn't a red Tim Ream should be sent off every week for impersonating a professional footballer

Wolf

I saw a red card for diving last night - well a second yellow. It was right in front of me, there was clear and audible contact, the player went down. The referee was well placed.

Stonewall VAR penalty but the "culprit" missed the last 25 mins and will now be banned. There was also social media bollocks from opposition fans (not present) about his cheating.

Its always imperfect.
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

john dempsey

seeing it was Jimmy Hill day
we will just have to take this
one on the CHIN I suppose..

Bill2

Quote from: colcliff on October 06, 2021, 07:32:53 AM
While I think many of the refs are poor you can only blame the players and managers who try and cheat the ref.
When I worked in football I had a manager go mad at an opposition player for diving and getting a penalty
Then a week later going mad at our player for not diving
When do you ever see a manager punish a player for diving sometimes when it is shown later on tv they play lip service and say things like I will be having a word or we don't except that behaviour at this club, but the next week they're back doing the same thing
Perhaps and I don't feel this will ever happen, if players didn't cheat it would give the ref a better chance to award real penalties
Like to know what Steve Bruce has said to that diver Wilson.

Bill2

Quote from: SkyBlueAl on October 06, 2021, 01:23:27 PM
Quote from: filham on October 06, 2021, 11:02:55 AM

It would have been a yellow card, not a red. If you're dishing out reds for stuff that isn't a red Tim Ream should be sent off every week for impersonating a professional footballer
Absolutely right the cheating so and so would have only got a yellow, perhaps he will think on that when he is having his ban. As for the comment about Tim Ream, not worthy although a number on here would agree with you, has anyone on here mentioned anything about any other Coventry player apart from the cheating diver which in my eyes is worse than being a bad player.

Bill2

I cant speak about your player as have this is the first season we have played you for some time, but the fact is seen him once and he has dived once. I have seen Mitro go down very easily a number of occasions but never got a penalty and seen him picked up  few yellows on route, but I have also seen him denied stone wall penalties where he has been man handled by defenders, especially from dead ball situations. You would think they would wait until after the game to ask for his shirt rather than pull it off his back when attacking a corner.

MayoDomo

Problem with this is I'm still not sure it disincentivizes diving. How many of you would take one of our players getting a three match ban for a penalty in a very important fixture? Does it depend on the player? I think from a value perspective diving is still correct in many scenarios, even under the assumption you'd get a three match ban.

Need to up the retroactive ban length and upgrade from a yellow to a red. Only way to get it out of the game.
For Fulham News, Opinions, and Streaming Updates Follow me at https://twitter.com/MayoDomo!

Ronnief

How about a three point penalty for the team.