watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Coventry striker

Started by WestSussexWhite, October 05, 2021, 06:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WestSussexWhite

Coventry striker Matt Godden has been charged with improper conduct for his dive on Saturday. I believe the punishment for diving is normally a 3 match ban. Nice of the FA to finally take some action for simulation 

MartyFFC

Am sure it must've happened before but I certainly can't remember it happening. Too late for us obviously; however it should hopefully go some way to helping to discourage other cheating ***** from doing the same in the future

davew

Perhaps the match will be replayed, Ream can give the ball away from the kick off!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SP

And none of the officials noticed.......

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 05, 2021, 06:12:06 PM
Am sure it must've happened before but I certainly can't remember it happening. Too late for us obviously; however it should hopefully go some way to helping to discourage other cheating ***** from doing the same in the future

It happened against us in the championship under Slav. Bailey Wright of Bristol coty feigned injury to get Kamara sent off at the cottage. Bailey Wright got a 2 game ban for it

SP

Worth dropping into the Blues Talk forum, the response is hilarious.

Nero

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 05, 2021, 07:29:24 PM
Quote from: MartyFFC on October 05, 2021, 06:12:06 PM

It happened against us in the championship under Slav. Bailey Wright of Bristol coty feigned injury to get Kamara sent off at the cottage. Bailey Wright got a 2 game ban for it

Dwight Gayle got 2 fame ban for diving when at WBA

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: SP on October 05, 2021, 07:31:00 PM

Yeah, they are not a happy bunch! Tbh I think we would be the same if it happened to us

SP

I wonder if the fact it was a live game meant it more likely to be punished?

Nero

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 05, 2021, 08:08:23 PM
Quote from: SP on October 05, 2021, 07:31:00 PM

Yeah, they are not a happy bunch! Tbh I think we would be the same if it happened to us

I think if one of our players took such a blatant dive we would expect it to be punished and not try to find excuses of he was expecting contact there was no contact so no falling over was required, more practice on the training ground needed

SP

I can understand the argument of the possibility of anticipating contact but he only had to hold his hand up to acknowledge that it wasn't a foul & chose not to.

brightster

That's terrible, game changing incidents like that, why not replay the game without the scumbag and the ref should be demoted to lower leagues. We fell apart after that decision. More fuming now than I was at the time!

MartyFFC

When you think how prevalent diving is, the retrospective bans issued seem to be fairly scarce. Presumably it has to have a profound impact on the game, i.e. a penalty or a red card otherwise some players would be permanently banned

Nero

Quote from: MartyFFC on October 05, 2021, 10:26:15 PM
When you think how prevalent diving is, the retrospective bans issued seem to be fairly scarce. Presumably it has to have a profound impact on the game, i.e. a penalty or a red card otherwise some players would be permanently banned

I think a lot if there a touch be it a hand or legs you can't be 100% sure it was a dive when there is no touch at all you know its a dive

bobbo

I for one am soo pleased they got him for it and he's getting punished and now been shamed. But I think the punishment needs to be more severe ie fined heavily ( coz they get paid heavily) and Theban should be longer . The two incidents caused us to lose our rhythm and we just lost the plot . Just BTW I don thinkream was to blame at all for their first goal , it was a poor throw out by our keeper and onomah completely got in reams way. Just watch it yet again , it was kicked out by keeper not thrown.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

colcliff

As I said in another post on here
It does not help the club the action was against
In fact it can help other clubs around them if they play Coventry without one of their first choice players
Instead heavily fine the player and his club then perhaps this form of cheating may stop

Jim©

I love the fact he's been banned. Second offence should be 6 games, then 12, then 24. I guarantee you he'd stop diving pretty quickly.

Nick Bateman

Quote from: WestSussexWhite on October 05, 2021, 06:01:40 PM
Coventry striker Matt Godden has been charged with improper conduct for his dive on Saturday. I believe the punishment for diving is normally a 3 match ban. Nice of the FA to finally take some action for simulation 

Glad the EFL have acted on this cancer of football.

Quote from: brightster on October 05, 2021, 08:55:59 PM
That's terrible, game changing incidents like that, why not replay the game without the scumbag and the ref should be demoted to lower leagues. We fell apart after that decision. More fuming now than I was at the time!

The fact refs are NOT being punished lately is empowering them to ruin matches ad nauseum. If the EFL did punish just ONE ref for getting an incident grossy incorrect, all the standards of reffing would improve by 20-50% overnight. But the PGLGBTMOL never wish to admit their officials are ruining football. The scumbag deserves punishment but these refs must be rooted out and demoted accordingly. It won't happen though.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

SkyBlueAl

Quote from: brightster on October 05, 2021, 08:55:59 PM
If you're going to make such silly suggestions, the FL should also issue Mitrovic a second yellow for continuing to get in the referees face after already being booked for it

colcliff

While I think many of the refs are poor you can only blame the players and managers who try and cheat the ref.
When I worked in football I had a manager go mad at an opposition player for diving and getting a penalty
Then a week later going mad at our player for not diving
When do you ever see a manager punish a player for diving sometimes when it is shown later on tv they play lip service and say things like I will be having a word or we don't except that behaviour at this club, but the next week they're back doing the same thing
Perhaps and I don't feel this will ever happen, if players didn't cheat it would give the ref a better chance to award real penalties