watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham, Bournemouth, West Brom, and Coventry

Started by ChesterTheTabby, October 16, 2021, 04:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

12 games in, these are the sides fighting for premier league automatic promotions. Bournemouth doing THIS well is a surprise, but Coventry, Fulham, and West Brom seem equally up to the task, just need to beat the Cherries when we all play them here on out. An exciting and competitive league no doubt!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Lighthouse

Sheffield United came from behind to beat Stoke and do us a favour. But so many teams involved in the race for promotion. Even this early. There will be plenty more shock results for us and the others around us. Makes the league very entertaining.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

General

Coventry did beat us, but we gave them (or the ref did) at least 3 of their goals. I think they're not really in the running over the long term as the season continues. They also don't have a big enough squad.

The interesting thing is seeing the teams below us topping up the top 6 and those just outside it - Huddersfield, QPR and Stoke are all quite close to the top yet aside from Coventry, we've beaten all pretty comfortably.

Will be fascinating to see how we do against Bournemouth and West brom because on our day it'll be interesting to see how the teams actually compare.

Tabby

I don't think there is any team that we need to be overly worried about this season, we should be able to beat any side. Will be hiccups, but I'm feeling confident ahead of every game, something I wasn't the last two times we went up.

Bournemouth have been outperforming their goals to chances ratio massively so far, so not sure how much longer they'll be able to keep that up. WBA I think are going to be like Cardiff the season they went up with Warnock or Brighton when they went up with Houghton. Just solidly able to squeeze out results. Coventry are interesting, don't think they have the squad to keep this up, but they've been doing well so far (apart from getting thrashed by Luton).

Denver Fulham

GD is the best barometer of quality and suggests there are three true contenders.

We're "better" than AFCB and WBA, but they both appear to be good enough to make us earn it. Over 46 matches, though, I expect our quality to win out (at least for top two).

filham

Afraid the league table is the barometer and unbeaten Bournmouth are the team to match, we really have to put a few good performances together starting with a clear win against Cardiff at the Cottage on Wednesday.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: General on October 16, 2021, 05:04:18 PM
Coventry did beat us, but we gave them (or the ref did) at least 3 of their goals. I think they're not really in the running over the long term as the season continues. They also don't have a big enough squad.

The interesting thing is seeing the teams below us topping up the top 6 and those just outside it - Huddersfield, QPR and Stoke are all quite close to the top yet aside from Coventry, we've beaten all pretty comfortably.

Will be fascinating to see how we do against Bournemouth and West brom because on our day it'll be interesting to see how the teams actually compare.

I think you're doing Coventry a disservice there to be honest. They're a good side and deserve to be up there.
Annoyingly Parker seems to be winning games at the moment, but hopefully when they hit a dip, it'll go back to type.
I honestly think it'll be us and WBA top two still. Best team and squads by far.

cookieg

Didn't see the game last night but reading on here it would suggest that WBA are lucky to be where they are. Bournemouth will have a wobble at some stage. As long as we're within touching distance then we will overtake them.

Whitestone

Although there's still a long way to go I reckon the autos will go to two from us WBA and Bournemouth. Coventry are decent though and if they can keep injury free will have a chance of being there or thereabouts. It wouldn't surprise me if Sheff Utd went on a run at some point. If we want to cement a top two place we will need to be more solid in defence. Clean sheets have been hard to come by so far and we won't outscore the opposition every week as we have already seen. If Silva can fine tune the defence and bring in a decent left winger in January our chances will increase.

filham

Carvalho fit and a really good left winger, then we could be frightening opposition defences and scoring on a regular basis. That is what we want to see.

blingo

Ahhh Bournemouth.......in like a lion .....out like a lamb. you'll see.

cookieg

Pluto

At our best, we are comfortably better than any of these teams. Our problem has been inconsistency, especially defensively - too many mistakes made. We've also missed a ridiculous number of chances at the other end, where we've relied on Mitro too much. Lots of long term injuries to key players as well - Tete, Carvalho, Cairney and even Kongolo probably all start for us if fit.

That said, I do expect us to pull it all together by the end of the season. Lots of games still to play.

Riversider

Hmm nobody mentioning Sheffield United,  I think they will be right up there come the end of the season.

AJW48361

Don't worry about our quality but do worry if this side has the durability to come through tough games when it really matters.We will find out shortly.Sheffield Utd will come good I agree.

Whitestone

Quote from: Riversider on October 16, 2021, 07:58:59 PM
Hmm nobody mentioning Sheffield United,  I think they will be right up there come the end of the season.

I did. Reckon you might be right.