https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Acknowledging denis odoi

Started by General, October 24, 2021, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrett487

Quote from: Marcel_Gecov on October 26, 2021, 01:51:32 PM
Quote from: Pluto on October 26, 2021, 01:33:13 PM
Odoi is a useful player to have in the squad and has been better than expected, but I strongly feel that he is our third best right back and is too error prone to start for a side chasing automatic promotion in this division. I certainly wouldn't be praising as a standout performer over recent weeks.

As I say though, great club guy and his versatility is very valuable in a league where there are a lot of games.

Who is second?
As Dan Burn has gone I think he means Christie

MartyFFC

Seems like a good egg, he's versatile; and I like the fella. However not sure I accord with the level of the outpouring of profound love and adulation, or the comparison with Chris Baird. Plus booting Jack Grealish in the chest and getting sent off in the playoff final could've certainly tarnished his legacy had we lost that game; though he did give me one of my deathbed memories with that header against Derby, following which I managed a brief Denis man-hug on the halfway line during the inevitable pitch invasion

perry geyton

I'm curious as to why Everyone thinks Tete is so amazing ? He seems very injury prone and is yet to put together a decent run of games
No way I'd drop Odoi for him at the moment, I'd keep it as it is

Whitestone

Quote from: Pluto on October 26, 2021, 01:33:13 PM
Odoi is a useful player to have in the squad and has been better than expected, but I strongly feel that he is our third best right back and is too error prone to start for a side chasing automatic promotion in this division. I certainly wouldn't be praising as a standout performer over recent weeks.

As I say though, great club guy and his versatility is very valuable in a league where there are a lot of games.

Nicely put. Totally agree with this.

Jims Dentist

I agree with all the above positive's about Denis, versatile, good club man, great in the air, recently goal assists and lastly fearless.
The only negative just recently for me, this season, and surprising given he is usually fearless is that on a few occasions he has turned his back on shots he is supposed to be blocking.
Despite my admiration, this is not acceptable for a defender whatever league they are playing in.
You cover your privates, but face the shot full on whatever.

ffcthereligion

Thanks for this positive post celebrating an underrated loyal servant of the club. Always gives 100% wherever he plays, great pro. Will always have fond memories of him when he eventually moves on and would love to see back at the cottage after retirement!