watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Acknowledging denis odoi

Started by General, October 24, 2021, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Seeing Tete back is a breath of fresh air and he's undoubtedly our best RB, but we are spoilt for choice and whilst some have whined about odoi not being reliable enough or as similar in quality, I just thought its worth noting he's done pretty well recently and has helped the team significantly, in particular in setting up goals and today I think he won one or two of our goals (and contributed to a clean sheet).

Just thought credit was due.

copthornemike

Agree fully General - he may have his critics but his versatility and positive attitude are great qualities within the squad. What I would call a real team player.
Would also add he does have an incredible spring when he jumps, often beating much taller opposition players!

HV71

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Somerset Fulham

Good post General.

I've never had any problem with the guy playing, he has been an absolutely fantastic servant to this club and can always be relied upon when needed.  :54:

Terry Towling

He is a very god player for us - an unsung hero.

JimmyConway

Acknowledgements aside his a steady Eddie. Not the greatest defender but whole hearted footballer.
Certainly not the answer to continue at right back if your looking at automatic promotion this season.

Andy S

Jc I think you are wrong. Two clean sheets so despite all the doubters he's doing a good job

The Cravenette

He will always be a legend for his goal against Derby in the play offs and him celebrating on the cross bar at Wembley.
Plus he has done a very decent job while Tete was out when a lot thought we would be doomed!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Cravenette on October 24, 2021, 10:12:17 PM
He will always be a legend for his goal against Derby in the play offs and him celebrating on the cross bar at Wembley.
Plus he has done a very decent job while Tete was out when a lot thought we would be doomed!
:plus one: Plus his first (?) game for us with the 'Newcastle back trick'.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9P2nl5S6I  :Haynes The Maestro:
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Motspur

Some on here wish to berate Antonee Robinson for diabolical displays (their description) and now we have a thread acknowledging Denis Odoi; I understand and appreciate the thread but scratching my head at the differentiation between a player that makes consistent mistakes and has limitations between an adventurous player who has pace all over the pitch and can't be pinpointed for mistakes that have resulted in goals being conceded. Thank you Denis for your service to Fulham however I wonder whether the salary payments received could be matched away from Fulham.

Gezza

Quote from: Motspur on October 24, 2021, 10:23:48 PM
Some on here wish to berate Antonee Robinson for diabolical displays (their description) and now we have a thread acknowledging Denis Odoi; I understand and appreciate the thread but scratching my head at the differentiation between a player that makes consistent mistakes and has limitations between an adventurous player who has pace all over the pitch and can't be pinpointed for mistakes that have resulted in goals being conceded. Thank you Denis for your service to Fulham however I wonder whether the salary payments received could be matched away from Fulham.

Over recent games  Odoi has been consistent and returned reliable performances contributing to clean sheets and attacking moves. From what I see Robinson has been inconsistent and habitually  gives the ball away. Not much of a head scratcher to me.

Motspur

14 GOALS conceded this season:-

Coventry (4) - Ream/Onomah cock up; a penalty that was incorrectly awarded (Robinson involved), and two subsequent goals from RIGHT hand side of our defence

Boro (1) - Goal from shot from right hand side of our defence

Huddersfield (1) - Central defence scoring situation.

QPR (1) - Joe Bryan played and let Dykes run onto pass. Robinson came on after and at 1-1 we turned into 3-1 victory

Millwall (1) - Freak goal in centre off defence

Blackpool (1) - Conceded on the left but Seri defending could have been better

Reading (2) - Shot from right hand side which should have been defended better by Denis and second goal could have been defended better by Tosin.

Swansea (1) - Square defence line and Denis/Tim caught out by their forward to score.

Bristol City (1) - Offside goal allowed by officials.

Brum (1) - penalty conceded by Denis for rash foul.

Conclusion :
Antonee Robinson hasn't been involved in conceded goals in comparison to Denis. I like Denis for his versatility but please lay off Antonee as he's a player for progression and our future.

Carborundum

Quote from: Southcoastffc on October 24, 2021, 10:20:10 PM
Quote from: The Cravenette on October 24, 2021, 10:12:17 PM
:plus one: Plus his first (?) game for us with the 'Newcastle back trick'.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho9P2nl5S6I  :Haynes The Maestro:
I'm sure it was his competitive debut for us.  Quite the most extraordinary thing I've seen on a football pitch.

Radiowhite

Quote from: Motspur on October 24, 2021, 10:23:48 PM
I agree with this. Robinson deserves nowhere near the hate he gets on here, and Denis, despite him being a hero, is very much overrated on here especially as a defender.

blingo

Dennis is another championship player, nothing exceptional, but, he  always tries his best and is Fulham thru and thru.

I agree with laying off of Robinson. Sometimes it's very unfair criticism.

perry geyton

Love Dennis Odoi and I think he should continue to start, I wonder if Tete can start on the left ?

Robinson has potential but watching him winds me up, all huff & puff and no final ball

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on October 25, 2021, 12:25:30 AM
Love Dennis Odoi and I think he should continue to start, I wonder if Tete can start on the left ?

Robinson has potential but watching him winds me up, all huff & puff and no final ball

A little unfair Piri. He's improving and will continue to improve under MS. Tete on the right and JB or AR on the right.

RaySmith

Quote from: Somerset Fulham on October 24, 2021, 09:37:34 PM
Good post General.

I've never had any problem with the guy playing, he has been an absolutely fantastic servant to this club and can always be relied upon when needed.  :54:

:plus one:

Twig

Quote from: blingo on October 25, 2021, 12:28:48 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on October 25, 2021, 12:25:30 AM

A little unfair Piri. He's improving and will continue to improve under MS. Tete on the right and JB or AR on the right.

Agree that was unfair. But I don't agree that Robinson is improving, sadly I think his last couple of games have been poor and it concerns me that he may not have further improvement to offer.