watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How did Tom play yesterday?

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, October 25, 2021, 01:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

I didn't watch the game - went to see the James Bond film instead.

Did Tom play well?

bencher

I wouldn't say he exactly played with a licence to thrill, but he showed that the last 10 months were knee time to die.

davew

I thought that considering how long he been out, he played well, exhausted at the end and hopefully recovers for the WBA match. I would rather watch even a partially fit TC than Onomah (on current form this season)!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: davew on October 25, 2021, 01:22:26 PM
I thought that considering how long he been out, he played well, exhausted at the end and hopefully recovers for the WBA match. I would rather watch even a partially fit TC than Onomah (on current form this season)!

Reed should step in - he was on the bench yesterday and wouldn't be if he was still hurt I would imagine.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

ron

Slower than usual but sublime as usual !

A bit more game time for improving stamina and watch out!

irishfulham

Played an exceptional slide tackle in the first half !

sarnian

Thought TC was excellent.  What he's good at is keeping the ball moving with short first time passes allowing space to be made for a forward pass.  Last season under Parker we would have still be going sideways because we never made that space to move forward.  Yes he tired but his contribution will be vital for a successful season.

Ara's bacon crisps

Quote from: bencher on October 25, 2021, 01:19:10 PM
I wouldn't say he exactly played with a licence to thrill, but he showed that the last 10 months were knee time to die.
Loving your work 🤣

Sting of the North

Quote from: bencher on October 25, 2021, 01:19:10 PM

:005:

grandad

He had an excelent game. Played sensibly within him self. He will get back to his old self after another few games. Silva needs to nurse him back carefully.
Where there's a will there's a wife

northamptonsteve

"I didn't watch the game - went to see the James Bond film instead"???????? not sure what that is all about Mr Slaphead, Bencher's reply was worth reading though!  :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

AJW48361

Fulham 442

Quote from: grandad on October 25, 2021, 03:40:49 PM
He had an excelent game. Played sensibly within him self. He will get back to his old self after another few games. Silva needs to nurse him back carefully.
Silva said post match that he left Tom.on deliberately to gain match fitness once he knew the game was won and also knew he'd be completely knackered at the end, as indeed he was. It's just a question of bringing him back to full fitness now..

mrmicawbers

Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 26, 2021, 07:24:36 PM
Silva said post match that he left Tom.on deliberately to gain match fitness once he knew the game was won and also knew he'd be completely knackered at the end, as indeed he was. It's just a question of bringing him back to full fitness now..
Good game management. Week between games.I do wish when we score they wouldn't keep climbing on each other's shoulders, accident waiting to happen especially if you have come back from injury.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: mrmicawbers on October 26, 2021, 07:45:28 PM
Quote from: Fulham 442 on October 26, 2021, 07:24:36 PM
Good game management. Week between games.I do wish when we score they wouldn't keep climbing on each other's shoulders, accident waiting to happen especially if you have come back from injury.
My Dad used to say that, as a youngster I was dismissive.
Now as an old boy I know exactly what you mean.

Radiowhite

He could barely run in the last ten minutes he was so tired