watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best starting XI

Started by Hatch007, October 25, 2021, 11:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Lonegan

No way Ream would get in my first 11, I think he's a liability.

Deeping_white

Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 26, 2021, 11:16:21 AM
Cairney over Carvalho and keep Kebano in.

Carvalho doesn't want to be here so let's not develop Spurs' new signing if he doesn't want to sign.

Sorry can you point us to something concrete that says Carvalho doesn't want to be here? Chinese whispers strikes again

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 26, 2021, 11:35:10 AM
Quote from: PaulJ123 on October 26, 2021, 11:16:21 AM
Cairney over Carvalho and keep Kebano in.

Carvalho doesn't want to be here so let's not develop Spurs' new signing if he doesn't want to sign.

Sorry can you point us to something concrete that says Carvalho doesn't want to be here? Chinese whispers strikes again

I've not seen anything to say that he doesn't want to be here, just that he turned down Fulham's opening offer. Hopefully he signs a new one. Only if he or his agent says he wants to leave should we consider not playing him.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Classic94

Rodak

Tete, Tosin, Ream, Bryan

Seri, Reed

Wilson, Carvalho/TC, Kebano

Mitro

A complete toss up between Carvalho and TC. Kebano edges out BDR on current form.

ChesterTheTabby

How the majority of people are playing Mawson over Ream or cutting Ream out entirely is shocking - we've lost three times in 14 games and he's done very little wrong to warrant a drop. If he, and he alone, costs us points against West Brom at the weekend - fine drop him.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

I would go with the team shown in the OP but probably would change Robinson for Bryan. These players have performed well together and if we can get them all fit we could become a real promotion force as time passes.

FulhamStu

Can't understand how people do not see how important Robinson is.
Also, Cairney and Carvalho and BDR COMPETE FOR THE 10.
Ream, Mawson and maybe/hopefully eventually Kongolo compete for left centre back.
We still have to see how good Chalobah is but he will be a contender.

The team is coming together.

Whitestone

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 26, 2021, 01:31:27 PM
How the majority of people are playing Mawson over Ream or cutting Ream out entirely is shocking - we've lost three times in 14 games and he's done very little wrong to warrant a drop. If he, and he alone, costs us points against West Brom at the weekend - fine drop him.

I completely understand your viewpoint regarding Ream. He's been playing well and had a decent game at Forest on Sunday. I was there and he impressed me. Despite all that I'm firmly in the Mawson camp because I believe he is superior defender and he's more than capable carrying the ball. We have ambitions of promotion and I don't believe anyone thinks Ream can be a capable centre back in the Prem. There is more than enough evidence to show that he is out of his depth at that level. We really need to find someone to partner Tosin sooner rather than later and in Mawson and Kongolo we have two players that IMO are an upgrade on Ream. I do appreciate that Kongolo has had his injury issues but just maybe he can get himself into a position to be that player.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Whitestone on October 26, 2021, 07:07:44 PM

I completely understand your viewpoint regarding Ream. He's been playing well and had a decent game at Forest on Sunday. I was there and he impressed me. Despite all that I'm firmly in the Mawson camp because I believe he is superior defender and he's more than capable carrying the ball. We have ambitions of promotion and I don't believe anyone thinks Ream can be a capable centre back in the Prem. There is more than enough evidence to show that he is out of his depth at that level. We really need to find someone to partner Tosin sooner rather than later and in Mawson and Kongolo we have two players that IMO are an upgrade on Ream. I do appreciate that Kongolo has had his injury issues but just maybe he can get himself into a position to be that player.

Tim is doing great and very difficult to drop but I completely agree with this.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: FulhamStu on October 26, 2021, 06:46:23 PM
Ream, Mawson and maybe/hopefully eventually Kongolo compete for left centre back.

Robinson isn't good enough. Bryan has better everything bar pace.

ChesterTheTabby

Argument well said and well taken. I have not seen much from Mawson personally to say that he is a better defender than Ream, I find them nearly like for like, and I'm unsure either is suitable for a stable premier league team, but Mawson has youth on his side with respect to Ream and he can be a more long term partner for Tosin. Ream serves a purpose for promotion, but not for a continued presence in the Premier League at 33 y/o.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

LC

At the Championship level and with a squad such as ours, I don't think there is such as thing as your best team. Some games will demand certain types of players, example, big physical teams who play long balls, I would play Mawson over Ream etc. Other games might require someone to unpick defences, I would look to Cairney for example.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on October 26, 2021, 09:18:30 PM

Argument well said and well taken. I have not seen much from Mawson personally to say that he is a better defender than Ream, I find them nearly like for like, and I'm unsure either is suitable for a stable premier league team, but Mawson has youth on his side with respect to Ream and he can be a more long term partner for Tosin. Ream serves a purpose for promotion, but not for a continued presence in the Premier League at 33 y/o.

Ream is doing the job in the Championship, rather than changing the lineup, let us focus on beating WBA, Bournemouth, Luton, and Sheffield (19th Dec) before we adjust our team to be better suited to the Premier League. Besides Mawson's body is incapable of playing 46 games this season and 38 games next season, so maybe it better to play him 20-50 games over the next two seasons. If Ream is good enough, then Mawson and Kongolo can sit out.

Twig

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 27, 2021, 05:54:45 AM

Ream is doing the job in the Championship, rather than changing the lineup, let us focus on beating WBA, Bournemouth, Luton, and Sheffield (19th Dec) before we adjust our team to be better suited to the Premier League. Besides Mawson's body is incapable of playing 46 games this season and 38 games next season, so maybe it better to play him 20-50 games over the next two seasons. If Ream is good enough, then Mawson and Kongolo can sit out.

I'm fine with Ream this season and Mawson also making some appearances to share the load. Completely disagree with one poster who said Ream "is a liability" as I've seen nothing to suggest that this season. In fact Ream alongside Tosin has been a very good CB pairing indeed.
However, assuming we get promoted then I don't see Tim as a starter in the Prem next season at the age of 34. Instead I'd be hoping to see the left CB duties shared between Mawson and Kongolo (history suggests both are capable at that level when fit).  If those two can't manage next season between them why on earth have we kept them on the books???

Whitestone

Quote from: Twig on October 27, 2021, 07:52:03 AM

I'm fine with Ream this season and Mawson also making some appearances to share the load. Completely disagree with one poster who said Ream "is a liability" as I've seen nothing to suggest that this season. In fact Ream alongside Tosin has been a very good CB pairing indeed.
However, assuming we get promoted then I don't see Tim as a starter in the Prem next season at the age of 34. Instead I'd be hoping to see the left CB duties shared between Mawson and Kongolo (history suggests both are capable at that level when fit).  If those two can't manage next season between them why on earth have we kept them on the books???

I think there are few who would disagree that Ream is ok in the Championship but we have two players on the books who when fully fit are both better players. We should be looking to future proof the squad fo Premier League football, assuming we are to be promoted. We've all seen the what happens when you bring in a huge number of new faces in the close season, many on deadline day. To give us a better chance of survival, assuming promotion, we should look to play our best players now. Mawson and Kongolo when fully fit are both an upgrade on Ream

RaySmith

Quote from: Whitestone on October 27, 2021, 08:13:57 AM
Quote from: Twig on October 27, 2021, 07:52:03 AM

I think there are few who would disagree that Ream is ok in the Championship but we have two players on the books who when fully fit are both better players. We should be looking to future proof the squad fo Premier League football, assuming we are to be promoted. We've all seen the what happens when you bring in a huge number of new faces in the close season, many on deadline day. To give us a better chance of survival, assuming promotion, we should look to play our best players now. Mawson and Kongolo when fully fit are both an upgrade on Ream

But we have to get promoted first, so surely in form players  playing well together as a team, should be first on the team sheet, until such times as they are injured, or lose form, or really need to be rested.

I'm sure Mawson will get another chance sooner or later.

FulhamStu

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on October 26, 2021, 07:34:22 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on October 26, 2021, 06:46:23 PM

Robinson isn't good enough. Bryan has better everything bar pace.

Absolutely not true, Robinson is better in the tackle, better at defending the near or far post, has a better engine getting up and down the pitch, Bryan is better at crossing and shooting but Robinsons has already scored twice this season.

ken 44

I agree with your team Rebel looks good to me.

General

Quote from: Classic94 on October 26, 2021, 12:54:51 PM
Rodak

Tete, Tosin, Ream, Bryan

Seri, Reed

Wilson, Carvalho/TC, Kebano

Mitro

A complete toss up between Carvalho and TC. Kebano edges out BDR on current form.

It's interesting you say that re BDR and Kebano as whilst I agree neeskens has looked a real threat recently, similar to the form he showed for us in our last play off run, when it comes objectively to comparing him to BDR, whilst perhaps BDR isn't as exciting for people, Reid has done a lot more this season.

Kebano's goal last weekend was his first since January I think the commentator mentioned?

This season BDR has had 6 goals and assists to kebano's 4.

Interestingly kebano's output is actually surprisingly similar to that of the much maligned cavaleiros..

Funny how our opinions can shape different narratives, rightly or wrongly.

Before the last game, it seems as though kebano was the only outfield attacking player not to score for us this season, even coming in behind Muniz.

According to this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/fulham/top-scorers

Kebano is on equal footing with Denis odoi re minutes played per goal with one every 917 minutes compared to odois one every 947 minutes.

That said though, it doesn't account for the nature of his appearances (substitutions etc).

Woolly Mammoth

Kebano deserves a starting spot, he has always been hard done by up until recently like many others over the years we should have kept at the time, but offloaded them and replaced them with deadwood and other teams rejects from the Mongolian second Division.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.