more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Best starting XI

Started by Hatch007, October 25, 2021, 11:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimOG

If all were fit I'd like to see a 3-5-2 tried eg:

Rodak

Mawson         Tosin       Kongolo

Tete                          Reed        Seri     Chalobah             Robinson

Mitro               Wilson

New Kid on the Block

Robinson has scored more than Joe cos he's played more. I don't think he was that good on Sunday, he skied one cross, hit one too low to the opposition and his third cross was cut out. This all happened in the space of 10 mins. I'll be patient though, as I am convinced that, by the end of the season, all you Robinson fans will be saying how crap he is.

Jim©

Quote from: JimOG on October 27, 2021, 11:59:30 AM

Rodak

Tete                          Reed        Seri     Chalobah             Robinson

I have no idea at all why we would change the formation that is currently having us as the highest league scorers in England (and hardly like we're leaking goals bar one game).
Stick tot he tried and tested formation IMO- it's working.

Twig

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 27, 2021, 12:07:05 PM
Robinson has scored more than Joe cos he's played more. I don't think he was that good on Sunday, he skied one cross, hit one too low to the opposition and his third cross was cut out. This all happened in the space of 10 mins. I'll be patient though, as I am convinced that, by the end of the season, all you Robinson fans will be saying how crap he is.

I really don't think you can say he's crap. No way. And that's from someone who slightly prefers Bryan. Personally I think we are fortunate to have two left FB's who are terrific at Championship level.

New Kid on the Block

I didn't say that Robinson is crap. I said I'll wait until the end of the season to hear the Robinson fanbase say how crap he is.

Whitestone

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 27, 2021, 12:29:42 PM
I didn't say that Robinson is crap. I said I'll wait until the end of the season to hear the Robinson fanbase say how crap he is.

I think your in for a long wait then because we don't have any crap players.

JimOG

Quote from: Jim© on October 27, 2021, 12:14:28 PM

Rodak

I have no idea at all why we would change the formation that is currently having us as the highest league scorers in England (and hardly like we're leaking goals bar one game).

Totally understand your point of view..but I'd like to see an extra physical midfielder + a player, Wilson in this case, closer to Mitro. If we go up we cannot leave Mitro isolated. He will need a Tony/Watkins etc...haven't seen enough of Muniz to know whether or not he's in that league

Jim©

Quote from: JimOG on October 27, 2021, 12:52:33 PM

Rodak

Totally understand your point of view..but I'd like to see an extra physical midfielder + a player, Wilson in this case, closer to Mitro. If we go up we cannot leave Mitro isolated. He will need a Tony/Watkins etc...haven't seen enough of Muniz to know whether or not he's in that league

Perhaps if we go up, you have a very good point, but for this league Seri is as good as most midfields on his own!!
I just think the set up currently really is causing opposition a whole load of trouble- we seem to always have bodies in MF as the 10 and the wide players tend to drop in when needed.
Interestingly we're playing W Brom on Saturday who literally don't use their MF- just pump it over them from the games I've seen and launch every throw into the box. Once we're 4 up, i'd bring Muniz on and put Mitro as a cover CB!

JimOG

Quote from: Jim© on October 27, 2021, 03:02:31 PM
Quote from: JimOG on October 27, 2021, 12:52:33 PM

Rodak

Perhaps if we go up, you have a very good point, but for this league Seri is as good as most midfields on his own!!
I just think the set up currently really is causing opposition a whole load of trouble- we seem to always have bodies in MF as the 10 and the wide players tend to drop in when needed.
Interestingly we're playing W Brom on Saturday who literally don't use their MF- just pump it over them from the games I've seen and launch every throw into the box. Once we're 4 up, i'd bring Muniz on and put Mitro as a cover CB!

:003: :005: :012:  get ready for another aerial assault

Jims Dentist

On current form Kebano is worth his place.

Can't understand why so many pick Wilson in their preferred team. he has been very average lately.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 27, 2021, 09:45:39 PM

Can't understand why so many pick Wilson in their preferred team. he has been very average lately.

Can't speak for everyone but I think the following is fairly logical:

A) He's the best winger we have
B) Who are you going to pick over him?
C) Form is temporary (and his dip in form also coincided with Tete getting injured and he's fit again so potentially his performances will pick up again now)
D) Why would you want to drop him when he's shown that even in this "average" patch he's going through, his movement and general ability causes no end of headaches for teams who have started to double up on him

EDIT: He's also the best winger in the Championship this season according to the WhoScored rating system

Hatch007

Lots of interesting comments and, as predicted, not surprised by the debate over Ream and Robinson but I cannot get on board with the 3-5-2 formation suggested. Sorry Jim.

You only have 2 goal scorers in that line-up; Wilson and Mitro. As stated above, why change the formation when we're top goal scorers in the top four divisions?

Agree that on current form Kebano is the most controversial omission but a fit TC and the quality shown by Carvalho usurp Kebano for me. I'm a huge fan of our diminutive no. 7 and have never understood why previous managers haven't utilised him more.

LCB and LB would be the two positions I'd be most keen to see upgrades for if we secure promotion although I still harbour hope for Robinson to improve his attacking play. Defensively he's more solid than JB imho.

Both Bryan and Mawson had plenty of critics on this board during the last promotion campaign and for me are the classic example of a player's stock rising when not playing.

I already mentioned the caveat re Kongolo in my original post so if he eventually has a Lazarus-like resurrection that could solve LCB but it's a big ask on evidence thus far.

FulhamStu

Quote from: New Kid on the Block on October 27, 2021, 12:29:42 PM

Really, I am a Fulham fan and support all our players, it's what fans do.  Players come and go, form drops and increases.  My opinion just happens to be that Robinson, whilst having faults is an important player for us. I would hate to play against him. At the end of the day, Marco Silva sees the players in training and will know far better than me or you who is the best at any one time.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Deeping_white on October 27, 2021, 10:36:25 PM
Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 27, 2021, 09:45:39 PM

Can't speak for everyone but I think the following is fairly logical:

A) He's the best winger we have
B) Who are you going to pick over him?
C) Form is temporary (and his dip in form also coincided with Tete getting injured and he's fit again so potentially his performances will pick up again now)
D) Why would you want to drop him when he's shown that even in this "average" patch he's going through, his movement and general ability causes no end of headaches for teams who have started to double up on him

EDIT: He's also the best winger in the Championship this season according to the WhoScored rating system
.   For me Kebano is CURRENTLY our best winger.
You say that with Tete back "  his performances will pick up " so you  have seen a dip in his form.
My words were he has been very average LATELY,  I was not doubting his potential.

Twig

Personally I feel that Wilson is better in a more central attacking role. Not sure he's at his best on the wing. However. appreciate that this creates a problem; essentially too much midfield talent and a bit light on quality wingers.