Hatch007

... if the entire squad is fit and NO contract issues 🤞

Rodak
Tete Tosin Ream Robinson
Seri Reed
Wilson TC Carvalho
Mitro

Subs: Gazza Bryan Mawson Chalobah Kebano BDR Muniz

So hard to leave out Kebano as I'm a huge fan and no doubt Ream and Robinson selections will polarise opinion.

Reed and TC are obviously unlikely to play every game but that's the team I'd play against Bournemouth subject to form and fitness on December 3rd.

What say ye?

Edit: Kongolo could be a serious candidate to start based on reputation and form prior to joining us but I can't bring myself to select him yet until first seeing him complete 90 mins in a Fulham shirt

LC

Yeah I would go with that. I think Fabio will end up playing on the left.

Although, I think Mawson will eventually take Reams place as the season goes on.

General

I'd swap Robinson for Bryan, maybe kongolo or mawson for ream and then up front I'm not sure I fully know who'd work best.

Kebano and BDR and Wilson together have all been doing really well for us. Carvalho did too but was central.. would you pick him over TC? I'd consider it. Carvalho scored very consistently and played at a different pace and showed some seri like quality with his passes and runs the line.

Hatch007

Yep, I'm a little guilty of trying to fit square pegs in to round holes by moving Carv out left to accommodate TC which, in turn, is harsh in the extreme on Kebano and, to a lesser extent, BDR.

Oh the agony of choice 👊

LC

Quote from: General on October 26, 2021, 12:03:22 AM
I'd swap Robinson for Bryan, maybe kongolo or mawson for ream and then up front I'm not sure I fully know who'd work best.

Kebano and BDR and Wilson together have all been doing really well for us. Carvalho did too but was central.. would you pick him over TC? I'd consider it. Carvalho scored very consistently and played at a different pace and showed some seri like quality with his passes and runs the line.

Never understood why people keep putting Kongolos name out there, he's played twice for us. I have no idea if he's any good or not or if he'll ever be fit. I hope he's good as people think.

RaySmith

Quote from: LC on October 26, 2021, 04:38:56 AM

Never understood why people keep putting Kongolos name out there, he's played twice for us. I have no idea if he's any good or not or if he'll ever be fit. I hope he's good as people think.

Why drop Ream  when he's played so well?
I also thought Robinson played well.

Could we leave out Carvalho, and his scoring, and  assisting,  potential, if he is fit?

S.F.Sorrow

Rodak
Tete Tosin Mawson Bryan
Seri Reed
Carvalho Wilson Kebano
Mitro

This leaves Cairney out of the starting 11 which may seem a bit harsh but one goal + a pretty average game against Forest isn't enough to convince me he is still our best option at CM. Then there's the problem of Seri and Cairney playing together... far too lightweight, very unbalanced midfield, not ideal. We need Reed at DM so either Seri or Cairney will need to be dropped from the starting 11 IMO. I know we won 4-0 at Forest but it was a very flattering result and far from our best performance this season.

If we ever see Kongolo again I might consider him for LCB but I won't hold my breath.

Herbie

Quote from: Hatch007 on October 25, 2021, 11:50:45 PM
... if the entire squad is fit and NO contract issues 🤞

Rodak
Tete Tosin Ream Robinson
Seri Reed
Wilson TC Carvalho
Mitro

Subs: Gazza Bryan Mawson Chalobah Kebano BDR Muniz

So hard to leave out Kebano as I'm a huge fan and no doubt Ream and Robinson selections will polarise opinion.

Reed and TC are obviously unlikely to play every game but that's the team I'd play against Bournemouth subject to form and fitness on December 3rd.

What say ye?

Edit: Kongolo could be a serious candidate to start based on reputation and form prior to joining us but I can't bring myself to select him yet until first seeing him complete 90 mins in a Fulham shirt

This feels a bit like England playing Paul Scholes on the left; writing the team sheet based on fitting in names rather than what's the best shape for the team.  We've got great competition for places and the ability to rotate the XI with decent backups.  I think the only time to play players out of position is either when the squad is threadbare, or in a game when there's no choice left but to throw the kitchen sink at it.

rebel

Rodak
Tete Tosin Bryan
Seri Reed Kebano
Wilson Cairney Carvalho
Mitro

General

Quote from: rebel on October 26, 2021, 08:22:38 AM
Rodak
Tete Tosin Bryan
Seri Reed Kebano
Wilson Cairney Carvalho
Mitro

I know we've been doing pretty well this season but we're really not that good, particularly statistically in terms of possession, to have three at the back and three in midfield. Especially is that three person midfield includes kebano as a deeper lying midfielder.

General

Quote from: LC on October 26, 2021, 04:38:56 AM

I think Ream has done well and is a solid CB at this level, but is also getting on in age and we need to start planning for the future. I appreciate kongolo has been injured for most of the time he's been with us and played less than a handful of games but it seems as though we're erring on the cautious side re players long term recovery these days to make sure they do come back for longer timeframes..

If that is the case and he reaches the levels he was at whilst at Huddersfield there's little doubt he could be a starting CB for us. Pace, height, positional awareness and tackling ability (demonstrated in the games he has played for us) suggest he is more than capable at this level.

That said, I didn't say kongolo outright, I also mentioned mawson as I think mawson still has lots of ability and time to prove himself - I know it's a different era, but he has been an England International and not many can say that.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Hatch007 on October 26, 2021, 12:10:46 AM
Yep, I'm a little guilty of trying to fit square pegs in to round holes by moving Carv out left to accommodate TC which, in turn, is harsh in the extreme on Kebano and, to a lesser extent, BDR.

Oh the agony of choice 👊

No need to fit square pegs into round holes

Example 1: Cairney can play #10 for the first 55 mins each match and Fabio can play for the remaining 35-40 minutes. That means in a triple match week Cairney plays around 165 mins and Fabio plays around 120 minutes, which is more than enough for both players. Note, one is starting his career, one is towards the end, and both have had a few injuries so need adequate rest/recovery time to play their best.

Example 2: Kebano and BDR can share the workload with less games equaling greater performance each game.

MartyFFC

Looks good to me, I think the only 2 positions up for debate are Robinson/Bryan and Ream/Mawson. Seems a shame for Neeskens to miss out, however it just illustrates how strong our squad is

Jim©

I'd go with
          Rodak
Tete Tosin Ream Bryan
        Seri Reed
Wilson TC Kebano
         Mitro

This leaves out Robinson, BDR, Carvalho and Mawson all of whom could slip into that team without affecting it too much.
Ream doesn't deserve dropping on current form, Bryan just holds possession more than Robinson, BDR can flit in and out of games and Carvalho is still a relatively unknown quantity who I'm beginning to think isn't that bothered playing for FFC.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Probably the team that's won three on the bounce.

Radiowhite

TC wouldn't get in it for me. Carvalho in the middle with Wilson and kebano wide.

Maidstone Lee

Rodak

Tete Tosin Ream Bryan

Reed Seri

Wilson Carvalho Kebano

Mitrovic

For me Rodak just about shades it over Gazzaniga. Back 4 picks itself except at LB. Bryan is a better all round footballer imo (happy to be proved wrong though) so have gone for him.

Reed and Seri are building a good partnership at the moment, Reed allows Seri to be creative and link the play. Cairney is not the tough tackling player Reed is. Wilson and Kebano (who on current form is undroppable) are good on either wing and frequently swap during the course of the game. If Carvalho is fit, he is fantastic in behind Mitrovic and gets the nod over Cairney and BDR. And of course up front Mitro, the man, the myth.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

rebel

Quote from: General on October 26, 2021, 08:35:56 AM
Rodak
Tete Tosin Bryan
Seri Reed Kebano
Wilson Cairney Carvalho
Mitro

I know we've been doing pretty well this season but we're really not that good, particularly statistically in terms of possession, to have three at the back and three in midfield. Especially is that three person midfield includes kebano as a deeper lying midfielder.

I agree, we need to do much better with the personnel we have. That team put forward is a position based team.

Deeping_white

Quote from: rebel on October 26, 2021, 10:50:10 AM
Quote from: General on October 26, 2021, 08:35:56 AM
Rodak
Tete Tosin Bryan
Seri Reed Kebano
Wilson Cairney Carvalho
Mitro

I know we've been doing pretty well this season but we're really not that good, particularly statistically in terms of possession, to have three at the back and three in midfield.

I agree, we need to do much better with the personnel we have. That team put forward is a position based team.

But we're not going to see us having 65%+ possession regularly under Silva and nor should we change back to playing in a way that we saw under Parker. Silva's ethos is around winning the ball back in positions to hurt teams, and counter attacking at pace. You only need to go and look at quotes from his time in charge of Olympiakos where it was joked that they almost wanted to give the ball away so they could win it back and counter attack to score goals to see that we're not just going to pass it round aimlessly hoping for someone to score a screamer a la Parkerball. Our system is working well (top scorers by a mile) and it's only going to get better as we get more familiar with it and our squad depth starts to hurt teams that can't compete with it as we get into the winter months.

PaulJ123

Cairney over Carvalho and keep Kebano in.

Carvalho doesn't want to be here so let's not develop Spurs' new signing if he doesn't want to sign.