watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Both Goalkeepers

Started by JimmyConway, October 27, 2021, 09:23:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJW48361

Prefer Marek as No1 but both Keepers lack a real presence particularly collecting crosses and set pieces.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 27, 2021, 06:54:03 PM
It's Rodak as apart from all the reasons already mentioned. He gives the defence more confidence and that makes a big difference.
Gazza right from the first game he looked dodgy and nothing since then has given me any reason to change my mind.

Every goalkeeping expert rates Rodak far lower than the £10m-£15m that his statistics could easily justify.

After two seasons (18/19 & 19/20) of "keeping the ball out of the net" when strikers should have scored according to that xG (ie a period of good statistics) with performances that experts think were lucky and not indicative of statistically £15m goalkeepers, Rodak had one or two poor performances last seasons and we sought to replace him with Gazza (a goalkeeper experts rate but whose statistics are nowhere near our other two goalkeepers).

Rodak is given another chance and the same debate arises he doesn't look like a £15m goalkeeper, but he keeps clean sheets when £10m goalkeepers wouldn't have. Football purists would say a goalkeeper that saves a ball that's on target for the top corner is better than one where strikers shot it over the bar, but I really don't care because for me the best goalkeeper is one that doesn't let the ball in the net.

Statistically, Rodak is good at keeping it out and that's all that matters. I'm sick of experts saying sometimes a goalkeeper is poor because saves it with the wrong arm or catches it (because experts love goalkeepers punching the ball rather than catching it which makes no sense to me).

If you want to win, what matters most for a goalkeeper are the statistics relating to keeping it out of the net. Rodak is awesome, lets give him a chance to prove the experts wrong by repeating his statistics on clean sheets etc.