Main Menu

Who will start with Ream at CB?

Started by We Are Premier League, October 30, 2021, 02:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will start with Ream at CB?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ChesterTheTabby on November 01, 2021, 12:19:06 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 31, 2021, 11:33:23 PM
Hector + Mawson is the best combination, as Ream needs a rest and freshen up. Ream is a good partner with Tosin, but he is not a good partner with Mawson and he is only ok with Hector. For me, Mawson is well suited with Hector or Tosin, and Kongolo needs to avoid player until full fit.

Not very rational. Ream is in the best form of his life. Tosin out doesn't mean Ream out - the implication is that Ream is only doing well because of Tosin which is 1) untrue and 2) disrespectful to a committed and skilled player like Tim.

Tosin, Mawson, Hector and Kongolo are all in the top 22 most valuable centre backs in the championship and they have all been in good international squads. If I implied that Ream is only better than the other three with Tosin, then you understood me correctly and that is no disrespect to Ream, as his career is coming to an end. Mawson and Hector deserve a run out in the next game, and we need to see what happens.

No doubt, Ream will be in the bench and if Mawson/Hector doesn't work he can come on in the first half. My suggestion is give Ream a rest now and when Tosin is back they can play the remaining 28 games.

bobby01

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 01, 2021, 03:38:46 AM
Hector + Mawson is the best combination, as Ream needs a rest and freshen up. Ream is a good partner with Tosin, but he is not a good partner with Mawson and he is only ok with Hector. For me, Mawson is well suited with Hector or Tosin, and Kongolo needs to avoid player until full fit.

Not very rational. Ream is in the best form of his life. Tosin out doesn't mean Ream out - the implication is that Ream is only doing well because of Tosin which is 1) untrue and 2) disrespectful to a committed and skilled player like Tim.

Tosin, Mawson, Hector and Kongolo are all in the top 22 most valuable centre backs in the championship and they have all been in good international squads. If I implied that Ream is only better than the other three with Tosin, then you understood me correctly and that is no disrespect to Ream, as his career is coming to an end. Mawson and Hector deserve a run out in the next game, and we need to see what happens.

No doubt, Ream will be in the bench and if Mawson/Hector doesn't work he can come on in the first half. My suggestion is give Ream a rest now and when Tosin is back they can play the remaining 28 games.

Yet another international break coming Ream can rest there, presuming he is not joining this US squad as well.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Facts Not Fiction

Never. Ever. Mawson at RCB. Recipe for disaster.

Has to be Hector or Odoi. Kongolo is left footed, so probably not.

And there is 0 reason why Ream needs to be dropped/rested. Been very good this season. His ball distribution is so crucial to our style.

Classic94

I have no faith in Mawson at RCB, nor he and Ream as a partnership. It simply doesn't work.

My preference is Hector. Failing that, Odoi. Actual RCBs.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Classic94 on November 01, 2021, 11:52:16 AM
I have no faith in Mawson at RCB, nor he and Ream as a partnership. It simply doesn't work.

My preference is Hector. Failing that, Odoi. Actual RCBs.

Odoi is not even likely to be considered an 'actual' centre back (whatever that means), if you refer to what he has played most of his career. He was recruited as a full back and has mostly played full back for us. With that said, I am fully confident that he could do a job there again as him and Ream has an excellent track record as a CB pair at this level.

Not worried whoever of Hector, Mawson, Odoi or even Kongolo starts as they are all good enough if fit.

Jim©

I would imagine it will be Hector and probably he just about shades it from Mawson (who I see as a LCB, despite his right foot).
Tosin seems to have been getting a lot of plaudits for 85 minutes of his game on Saturday, but for me there are a few continuing issues:
1) He constantly steps out of the back line to rush into challenges, leading to a big space behind him. He did it twice on Saturday, first at beginning of 2nd half when they they were in position to flash the ball across the box. It's a bit of a "thing" that he does which will cost us goals.
2) he's still missing a number of headers in his own box from what I'd call standard crosses. I don't think he reads the flight of the ball that well, and for his size i'd expect him to rarely lose a header. He lost the ball for the cross in the 1st half that they nearly scored from (clarke header was it?) and in situations like the Reading 2nd goal, he's got to be winning those balls easily.
3) Harsh one this, but he should be much more of a threat at corners/set pieces.

I like him and think he's a real asset to the team, but he's not without faults.
With Hector coming in, I hope we get Hector MK1 not Hector MK2 that struggled.

Forever Fulham

Ss12white

The Rational Fan

Quote from: bobby01 on November 01, 2021, 09:09:56 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 01, 2021, 03:38:46 AM

Yet another international break coming Ream can rest there, presuming he is not joining this US squad as well.

Best way to judge is watch each combinations last game together:
"Mawson and Ream" vs Coventry 1-4 (very poor)
"Hector and Mawson" vs Leeds 0-0 (premier league quality)
"Hector and Ream" vs Aston Villa 0-3 (championship only)

AJW48361

Denis and Tim have linked up well in the past prefer Denis at C/H anyway.