watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitro.

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, October 30, 2021, 03:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Just having a look and in the 1992/93 season, Guy Whittingham scored 42 goals in, what was still called Divison one.
That's the closest thing to the championship.

Anyway, do you think Mitrovic can best that tally this season?

18 goals in 15 games is some going.

blingo

I said 36 on here, before the season started. I hope he continues in the fantastic form he is in and stay free of injury.

WindyCity

Mitro has been terrific so far this season, obviously.  To be honest, I was a little down on him last year, not impressed with his total season, and, yeah, I know his coach wasn't giving him as much play time as he is accustomed.  So, well done so far this season.  That said, I'm still not sure just how impactful he can be at PL level, assuming we go up, unless he gets some supporting players who are better than what we've had to date. 

COYW

Fernhurst

Be prepared for glut of headlines portraying us as a "one man team"

Not sure what we would do without him though.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ChesterTheTabby

Is it too early to petition for a statue of the big man facing the Thames when we retires from football?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

I guess there has to be a period when his goals dry up and a possible injury period so I will not start counting until Easter.
Meanwhile I wonder if his transfer value is more than we paid for him.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Fernhurst on October 30, 2021, 03:27:41 PM
Be prepared for glut of headlines portraying us as a "one man team"

Not sure what we would do without him though.
. Similar to our last promotion season.

blingo

Quote from: filham on October 30, 2021, 04:43:06 PM
I guess there has to be a period when his goals dry up and a possible injury period so I will not start counting until Easter.
Meanwhile I wonder if his transfer value is more than we paid for him.

Why? Would you want to sell him????

rebel

I initially had 50 penciled in , but downgraded that to 40 or 45. I can remember which. The key is to keep him interested, he always has a 'flyer'.

General

Still laugh when I remember one or two people on here thought he was past it, purely based on the fact he didn't play under Parker in the premiership and that they wanted to get rid of him.

ffcthereligion

Quote from: General on October 30, 2021, 05:36:15 PM
Still laugh when I remember one or two people on here thought he was past it, purely based on the fact he didn't play under Parker in the premiership and that they wanted to get rid of him.

It's embarrassing from them. I saw comments after Bristol about his last minute miss saying along the lines of  'mitro scored that in 2018 but not since'. They should all have a day off. Including the above post saying 'I'm not convinced he's effective in the prem. When he was played in the shambles relegation team under clownio he scored 11 goals.

Get behind the big man. He is the greatest player to ever grace the championship and we are lucky to have him

perry geyton

Quote from: ffcthereligion on October 30, 2021, 06:13:27 PM

It's embarrassing from them. I saw comments after Bristol about his last minute miss saying along the lines of  'mitro scored that in 2018 but not since'. They should all have a day off. Including the above post saying 'I'm not convinced he's effective in the prem. When he was played in the shambles relegation team under clownio he scored 11 goals.

Get behind the big man. He is the greatest player to ever grace the championship and we are lucky to have him

You can hardly blame them, he was playing like dog S**T for a season and then some

Know one knew at that point exactly  how much of a tosser Parker actually was

General

Quote from: perry geyton on October 30, 2021, 06:33:30 PM

You can hardly blame them, he was playing like dog S**T for a season and then some

It was quite obvious that Parker was the problem..  mitro hardly played last season, even when the teams main issue was not scoring enough goals. Mitro didn't do himself a disservice at all last season in my opinion, that was down to Parker. Parker for us was very poor when it came to sorting out any issues with out final third. Defensively we were very solid, but some of that was the signings - areola and Anderson and tosin, alongside Robinson were simply a solid unit as proven by how each has done either at their new clubs or since Parker left.

Areola has been getting lauded at West ham, Andersen the same at Palace. Robinson and tosin haven't changed and have been consistent with or without Parker.

Beamer

If you want an illustration of how a natural striker operates just look at his movement for the second goal. Snodgrass looks up towards the goalie and before he shapes for the pass back Mitro gets a couple of paces past the defender just in case. Without that movement it is doubtful he would have got on to it.
Credit also to MS who has clearly got him happy and firing as I doubt that he would have made that movement last season.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Beamer on October 31, 2021, 12:23:59 PM
If you want an illustration of how a natural striker operates just look at his movement for the second goal. Snodgrass looks up towards the goalie and before he shapes for the pass back Mitro gets a couple of paces past the defender just in case. Without that movement it is doubtful he would have got on to it.
Credit also to MS who has clearly got him happy and firing as I doubt that he would have made that movement last season.

Spot on. Mitro hangs on the back of the defender, sizes up snodgrass' movement, notices where and how the intent of the pass is shaping up, and immediately sets himself moving in that direction to pounce on the ball, or worst case, pressure the GK into a mistake.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JimOG

Quote from: Beamer on October 31, 2021, 12:23:59 PM

And just to add I was delighted to see Mitro put the penalty in the other corner even if Johnstone, who I rate, guessed he's go there for a change. Now add a Panenka and keepers are going to be left very confused

We Are Premier League

Just noticed that he has scored a few more goals than Millwall... 064.gif

St Eve

Absolutely baffling to me. They don't seem to post much these days.

blingo

Quote from: perry geyton on October 30, 2021, 06:33:30 PM

I beg to differ Mr Piri. I shouted his corner constantly, never reckoned Parker, and still don't. Mitro was never played to his strengths under the white jacket wonder boy, if played at all. Last season is one where parker should hang his head in shame, having a team capable of staying up and not knowing how to use them, like he used us.

bog

Our goals for a season record is coming up to 90 years: Frank Newton with 43 in 1931/32. Emm.

092.gif