more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Peterborough away 06/11/21

Started by Maidstone Lee, November 01, 2021, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Hi all,

Will be my first trip to Peterborough this weekend, does anyone know if it's easy enough to park near the ground or in the town centre?

Also, any tips on away friendly pubs nearby?

Looks like its going be be a sell out, should be a good atmosphere.  049:gif
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

Deeping_white

Most of the roads around the ground are residential permits only (and the council are skint so would be happy to give you a parking fine). Best bet is to park in Queensgate shopping centre car park or the train station car park (which I think is more expensive) - both are about a 10 min walk to the ground. Could also try one of the car parks dotted around the city centre but they'll most likely all be full as they're closest to the ground and it'll be mid afternoon on a Saturday - Bishop's Road should be your best bet if you want to try one of them. It's really easy to get into the centre of Peterborough if you come via the A1

Think the Cross Keys pub is away fans only from memory

Southcoastffc

The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

HillingdonFFC

Cross Keys is a designated away pub but probably more geared to coaches & people driving up due to where it is, if you're coming in on the train like a lot are it's on the wrong side of the river & a bit of a trek. Also it lists itself a being a five minute walk to the ground??, It's around a mile so good luck walking that in 5. We're just going to do a few pubs in the town centre on the way to the ground.
My last trip there, Don McKay's black and White army day, (if you were there you'll know) loads of us went into a really good pub just over the bridge in sight of the ground. It was packed by 12, unfortunately it's been knocked down, looked for it on Google earth

Maidstone Lee

Thanks chaps for the info   082.gif
@LeeWarner19

Cookie6262

Speaking to some Charlton friends and apparently the ground is a 20 minute walk from the train station and they recommended the Charter Bar which is a converted boat into a pub on the canal enroute to the stadium.

https://www.charters-bar.com/

MikeTheCubed

Quote from: Cookie6262 on November 01, 2021, 10:55:54 AM
Speaking to some Charlton friends and apparently the ground is a 20 minute walk from the train station and they recommended the Charter Bar which is a converted boat into a pub on the canal enroute to the stadium.

Where I'm heading. Fulham have a 100% win record for games where I've drank on a boat beforehand  092.gif.

flyingfish

Quote from: MikeTheCubed on November 01, 2021, 11:24:48 AM

Where I'm heading. Fulham have a 100% win record for games where I've drank on a boat beforehand  092.gif.

Funnily enough Fulham have a 100% loss record when I have eaten on a boat before a game. In fact, while I don't go that often Fulham have a 100% away loss record when I attend, and I am going on Saturday!

Craven_Chris

Might be a moment to plug some of the Parking apps I have been using recently. I just used 'JustPark' which allowed me to book someone's parking space at their flat for £4 between 1 and 6 pm on matchday (7 minutes walk from the ground). I have used it on a few awaydays lately, and its really easy. Its like Air B&B but you can hire and park on peoples driveways or other allocated spaces. You put in the address you are visiting and when you want to park, and it gives you a list of spaces/prices in the area available for hire.

It has reviews for the space (is it easy to find, easy to park in etc, any problems encountered with locals) and pictures, and then you get contact details for the owner if any probs once you book. But once you have it, you just turn up and park.

I know this reads like an advert now, but its perfect when you are driving to a town you don't know for the football, and don't want to worry about finding a space to park!

70sPimlico

Quote from: Craven_Chris on November 01, 2021, 11:53:37 AM
Might be a moment to plug some of the Parking apps I have been using recently. I just used 'JustPark' which allowed me to book someone's parking space at their flat for £4 between 1 and 6 pm on matchday (7 minutes walk from the ground). I have used it on a few awaydays lately, and its really easy. Its like Air B&B but you can hire and park on peoples driveways or other allocated spaces. You put in the address you are visiting and when you want to park, and it gives you a list of spaces/prices in the area available for hire.

It has reviews for the space (is it easy to find, easy to park in etc, any problems encountered with locals) and pictures, and then you get contact details for the owner if any probs once you book. But once you have it, you just turn up and park.

I know this reads like an advert now, but its perfect when you are driving to a town you don't know for the football, and don't want to worry about finding a space to park!

wow

Whitestone

I usually use a parking App for away games. It takes away the hassle of looking for somewhere on the day. I used Your Parking Space for the recent game at Forest.

fcfulham55

We may be playing there, and us fans have to travel there and possibly spend time there.  But spare a thought for those that actually live there.
Sent from my Nokia 3310

BestOfBrede

Quote from: fcfulham55 on November 01, 2021, 01:30:15 PM
We may be playing there, and us fans have to travel there and possibly spend time there.  But spare a thought for those that actually live there.
Really?
I live north of the centre (Deepings), but living in London, I assumed our do, and you say that??
I'd never go back to London to live, that's for certain!

AJW48361

Is it the true what I've heard that some Posh fans can be quite Naughty and be on your guard.

Crun

It has recently expanded its beer garden. A wide choice of real ales and ciders plus SE Asian food. It's called Charters and is on the River Nene on your right as you head towards London Road.

Crun

Quote from: AJW48361 on November 02, 2021, 12:44:54 AM
Is it the true what I've heard that some Posh fans can be quite Naughty and be on your guard.

There is rarely any serious trouble. There are some teenagers who think they are a bit tasty after a few fruit ciders etc.

Crun

How many will be in the away end do you think?

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Crun on November 03, 2021, 07:00:40 PM

Just over 2,400 behind the goal and about 100 sold in the other stand so far
@LeeWarner19

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 04, 2021, 12:16:21 AM
Quote from: Crun on November 03, 2021, 07:00:40 PM

Just over 2,400 behind the goal and about 100 sold in the other stand so far

Nearly 2500 behind the goal, I really thought we'd take a few more here to be honest.. Considering we haven't played there for nearly 30 years & our current form. To put it into perspective,QPR sold out nearly 4000

Cookie6262

According to the official we have sold out our initial Allocation of 2400 and Peterborough released 400 more in a different stand most of which have gone, not sure how QPR got 4000 tickets