watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Contracts expiring at FFC this summer

Started by Maidstone Lee, November 01, 2021, 01:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

Found a list of those at FFC who's contracts come to an end in the summer, surprised we have so many to be honest. Hoping that we trigger the club options on the likes of Seri & Kebano ASAP.

I'm sure we'll know one way or another soon regarding Carvalho and Francois.

Player      Date of birth / Age   Nat.   End of contract   Contract option   Market value

Jean Michaël Seri   Jul 19, 1991 (30)      Jun 30, 2022   club option 1 year   £3.60m  
   Central Midfield

Alfie Mawson   Jan 19, 1994 (27)      Jun 30, 2022   -   £3.60m  
   Centre-Back

Michael Hector   Jul 19, 1992 (29)      Jun 30, 2022   club option 1 year   £3.15m  
   Centre-Back

Domingos Quina   Nov 18, 1999 (21)      May 31, 2022   Option to buy   £2.70m  
   Central Midfield   

Steven Sessegnon   May 18, 2000 (21)      Jun 30, 2022   club option 1 year   £1.80m  
   Right-Back   

Cyrus Christie   Sep 30, 1992 (29)      Jun 30, 2022   -   £1.35m  
   Right-Back   

Neeskens Kebano   Mar 10, 1992 (29)      Jun 30, 2022   club option 1 year   £900Th.  
   Left Winger

Fabri    Dec 31, 1987 (33)      Jun 30, 2022   -   £540Th.  
   Goalkeeper   

Denis Odoi   May 27, 1988 (33)      Jun 30, 2022   club option 1 year   £540Th.  
   Right-Back   

Tim Ream   Oct 5, 1987 (34)      Jun 30, 2022   -   £540Th.  
   Centre-Back   

Fábio Carvalho   Aug 30, 2002 (19)      Jun 30, 2022   -   £225Th.  
   Attacking Midfield   

Tyrese Francois    Jul 16, 2000 (21)      Jun 30, 2022   -   £135Th.  
   Central Midfield               
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

The Rational Fan

All the players with options can be extended so we already have them locked in for playing next season. The other players (such as Fabri, Christie, Mawson, Ream, Francois, and Carvalho) are the ones we can lose in the summer.

Discussing most of the players: I think if we are promoted, then we are better giving Fabri, Christie, Ream, and Francois the opportunity to move on anyway, so only the extensions of Mawson and Carvalho to discuss.

Discussing Mawson: if Mawson cannot break into the team in the next three games, maybe even he should move on too.

Discussing Carvalho: My opinion is unless we can sign Carvalho in November 2021, we should sell Carvalho for as much as we can get immediately.

bobby01

It has been widely quoted that Fab is changing agents in January, therefore nothing will happen until then.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

What I find most upsetting is, I'm 7 years older than Tim Ream and he is, what some consider, ancient in that job.

filham

Seri, Mawson, Hector, Kebano and,  Cavalho are surely proven players we want to keep and new contacts must be agreed ASAP.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

In a normal job employees would have Career and Assessment Reviews and surely this is the case with professional footballers.
The club will know who they want to keep and may well have told some players that it was time to move on.
We already know that at present Carvalho and Francois have not agreed the new contracts which  they have been offered and who knows what other discussions have gone on with other players.

Milo

Well.. Kebano, Seri and Odoi obviously. Who would've thought we'd be saying that about Seri, eh?
Ream.. another year I would say.
Hector and Mawson.. well it depends on how much they're being paid I suppose. If they're in the top 10% of earners I'd be offloading them.

blingo

Neither Héctor, Odoi or Ream are premiership quality

davew

We will need a lot more quality players if we want to stay in the PL assuming we get promoted, which we should!!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

The Rational Fan

Quote from: filham on November 01, 2021, 04:02:39 PM
Seri, Mawson, Hector, Kebano and,  Cavalho are surely proven players we want to keep and new contacts must be agreed ASAP.

Why would you want to agree to new contracts for Seri, Hector and Kebano, as they cannot leave until June 2023, when they will be all older than 31 years old, with Seri will be 33 years old before he can play elsewhere and we maybe in the premier league for a second season in a row? I am sure, if we need any if then we sign them just before the season, none if them will ever play for another premier league club again. 

JackHamlet90

Carvalho is obviously the priority hopefully we can sort new deals in the end for him & Francois otherwise is there even a point of having an academy?

Seri Kebano surely will be activated & given extra year
Mawson is probably worth another year fully fit

Fabri Hector Quina Christie surely get moved on.
I think it would probably be a good time for us to say goodbye to a couple of legends in Odoi & Ream if we are successful in promotion to the Premier League

S.F.Sorrow

From that list I can't see many Premier League quality players.

There's Mawson of course, IF he can regain his pre-Fulham form. But the fact that Silva keeps selecting Ream tells me something must be very wrong and that Mawson will most likely leave for another club when his contract expires.

Carvalho looks promising and might develop into a PL player in the future but he is unproven at that level.

Seri is the third player I'll probably want to keep from that list. He's too slow on the ball for the PL though and will be a liability. His lack of awareness will see him getting caught out in dangerouos positions in pretty much EVERY game, like he was last time. He's a decent squad player if we can afford to keep him but the fact that we paid Premier League money for him doesn't make him a Premier League player.

The rest are nowhere near the quality we will need in the PL.

EDIT: Ooops, forgot about Kebano. I would definitely keep him as well. He might not be a regular starter in the Premier League but in his current form... who knows. At least he would offer some depth to the squad.

bill taylors apprentice

Do not underestimate the worth of having personalities like Ream & Odoi about the club even if they are 3 or 4th choice.
Unless they want a last season or two playing regularly, keeping them around the squad may be a wise move.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on November 02, 2021, 09:12:18 AM
Do not underestimate the worth of having personalities like Ream & Odoi about the club even if they are 3 or 4th choice.
Unless they want a last season or two playing regularly, keeping them around the squad may be a wise move.

Agree, as long as Ream is 5th choice CB and Odoi is 3rd choice LB/RB they are good to keep in the squad.

Robinson        NEW                      Tosin             Tete
Bryan              Kongolo/Mawson/Hector           NEW
           Odoi and Ream

Sign a starting CB
Sign a RB to challenge Tete
Pick two out of Kongolo/Mawson/Hector and you have a decent group of 10 defenders for next year.

Pluto

Obviously you extend Ream, and probably Odoi too if they are still playing as they are now at the end of the season. Even in the premier league, these guys are fine for 4th/5th choices and they come with invaluable experience. We were a premier league team for multiple years and never had a 4th choice centre back as good as Ream (Senderos was third choice and he was arguably a worse player, yet we were a solid mid table side)

Twig

Quote from: Pluto on November 03, 2021, 02:38:00 AM
Obviously you extend Ream, and probably Odoi too if they are still playing as they are now at the end of the season. Even in the premier league, these guys are fine for 4th/5th choices and they come with invaluable experience. We were a premier league team for multiple years and never had a 4th choice centre back as good as Ream (Senderos was third choice and he was arguably a worse player, yet we were a solid mid table side)

Fair point. Plus Ream or Odoi may have expressed an interest in transitioning into coaching. Both know FFC well and are regarded as model professionals, our youth teams could potentially benefit from their know how and experience.

Whitestone

It's time to say thanks very much to Ream and Odoi at the end of the season. It really is. These two will never be able to play in the Premier League and if they were to, well, we all know what the outcome be. Neither are anywhere near the level even to be a Premier League squad player. I don't understand how anyone can have such an optimistic view of these two great servants of the club when it comes to them playing in the Premier League. All the evidence is there to show that they cannot compete at that level. We will never achieve Premier League stability with players of their calibre. To put some balance there are many other players in the squad who just like Ream and Odoi have failed at the higher level which is why we are a yo yo club.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Whitestone on November 03, 2021, 09:02:31 AM
It's time to say thanks very much to Ream and Odoi at the end of the season. It really is. These two will never be able to play in the Premier League and if they were to, well, we all know what the outcome be. Neither are anywhere near the level even to be a Premier League squad player. I don't understand how anyone can have such an optimistic view of these two great servants of the club when it comes to them playing in the Premier League. All the evidence is there to show that they cannot compete at that level. We will never achieve Premier League stability with players of their calibre. To put some balance there are many other players in the squad who just like Ream and Odoi have failed at the higher level which is why we are a yo yo club.

Odoi and Ream have both played their parts in PL wins and clean sheets before, so I would say that contrary to your post, the evidence actually suggest that they can indeed be squad players in the PL.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 03, 2021, 11:04:22 AM

Odoi and Ream have both played their parts in PL wins and clean sheets before, so I would say that contrary to your post, the evidence actually suggest that they can indeed be squad players in the PL.

That may be the case, however they'll both be another year older and having already struggled with the pace of the PL, they'll be even more likely to struggle. At that point it's probably worth signing younger players on lower salaries with a higher potential as we eventually we need to move on from Ream & Odoi, and extending their contracts is papering over the cracks rather than building for the future.

Whitestone

Quote from: Sting of the North on November 03, 2021, 11:04:22 AM

The defeats significantly outweighed the wins the last time these two were regulars for Fulham in the Premier League (2018/19). As a reminder we lost 26 times and won just 7. We conceded 81 goals and ended the season with a minus 47 goal difference and were relegated. They didn't fare any better in the few games they played in last season. Neither were on the winning side once.  What more evidence do you require ?