watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carvalho turns down latest contract offer from Fulham

Started by 70sPimlico, November 02, 2021, 04:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoonffc

Surely he would want to see if we go up also? - say we did go up and he wanted first team premier league football then there wouldn't be a better place for him to stay.

Bill2

Getting fed up with all this talk, looks be has gone and these major clubs who are sniffing around will probably wait until June when he will be a freeby rather than God forbid pay any money for him. If he is going to go he is going to go. Am I going to wish him well, no I am not he has made his bed so he has to lie in it. However if he was to sign a new contract with a decent buy out  clause I would have the utmost respect for him. This is what Edwin Van de Sar did when Man U came knocking.

Beamer

Quote from: JimOG on November 05, 2021, 11:21:52 AM
From Peter Rutzler The Athletic last night:
Silva spoke about Carvalho's situation last night. Said he will be involved if he keeps working hard and said he'd not seen anything different in his behaviour.

"If you ask me if I am happy with the situation around him, all these conversations? I am not." #FFC

Can anyone explain why Fabio would 'allow' himself to be sold in January rather than running down his contract and pocketing all the money in June?

If we know by January that he definitely wants to go then let's put him on the market, with all these potential suitors it could start a bit of an auction. In that case if he refused to leave so that he could run his contract down we would have established a level for the arbitration committee that would be hard to ignore eg if Spurs offered 15 mill in Jan but he went in summer for nothing, any arbitration could hardly say that they value him at 8 mill.
Having said that I'm not sure where we stand with him, he will be 19 so does this fall into the arbitration situation for young players becoming 'seniors'.   

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: spoonffc on November 05, 2021, 02:08:10 PM
Surely he would want to see if we go up also? - say we did go up and he wanted first team premier league football then there wouldn't be a better place for him to stay.

This is the interesting part of the whole saga for me. If what Carvalho wants is regular football in the top flight, we could be in a very good position to make that offer to him in January - just when his new agent takes over and he has the opportunity to speak to other clubs. You'd have to think the role of Silva giving him first team football and developing his talent would work in our favour too.

JimOG

Quote from: Beamer on November 05, 2021, 02:22:33 PM
Quote from: JimOG on November 05, 2021, 11:21:52 AM
From Peter Rutzler The Athletic last night:
Silva spoke about Carvalho's situation last night. Said he will be involved if he keeps working hard and said he'd not seen anything different in his behaviour.

"If you ask me if I am happy with the situation around him, all these conversations? I am not." #FFC

Can anyone explain why Fabio would 'allow' himself to be sold in January rather than running down his contract and pocketing all the money in June?

If we know by January that he definitely wants to go then let's put him on the market, with all these potential suitors it could start a bit of an auction. In that case if he refused to leave so that he could run his contract down we would have established a level for the arbitration committee that would be hard to ignore eg if Spurs offered 15 mill in Jan but he went in summer for nothing, any arbitration could hardly say that they value him at 8 mill.
Having said that I'm not sure where we stand with him, he will be 19 so does this fall into the arbitration situation for young players becoming 'seniors'.

Thanks Beamer - this makes sense (which is not the same as this is the rule I know!). I was wondering how we could put him up for sale when he seems to have all the aces. However if that sets a new benchmark for our compensation then it's worth doing. I don't think our promotion would be sufficient if his head has been turned by Liverpool Real etc

siffc86

If he does run his contract down, he needs to go to an English club if we want to get a decent arbitration fee. If he goes abroad we'll get peanuts e.g. Dembele to Celtic.