watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carvalho turns down latest contract offer from Fulham

Started by 70sPimlico, November 02, 2021, 04:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70sPimlico

Apparently turned down large contract offer.

Feels like a real kick in the teeth to the club

Maidstone Lee

Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

sarvenpa

If so, no more gametime.
He`s not comitted to the club.

sarvenpa

If so, no more gametime.

itombomb

Crap news. Will be interesting who briefed this, Fulham to put more pressure on him, or his team to start the queue for his services.

I defend the Khans a lot, but the fact history has kept repeating itself on this one issue is not a good look. 

Though I actually think you only stop playing him if he properly downs tools/isn't interested. Promotion is more valuable than Carvalho and secondly, if he does go to an English club and it goes to arbitration, you want as much evidence as possible so we get a Sessegnon type figure for him.

edit - though one thing I do fear is if one of the big European clubs comes in for him, in which case we get nothing.

Lordedmundo

Quote from: sarvenpa on November 02, 2021, 04:17:15 PM
If so, no more gametime.

Disagree completely!  No reason to believe that Carvalho will be any less committed than our other players who are out of contract at the end of the season.

Play him and his performances should help us get automatic promotion.  At least there is then a slight chance he may stay with us next season as a Premier League player.

No more gametime and he will leave at the end of the season 100% - and we remove one of our best players from the equation from now until then.

filham

OK so he doesn't want us then I guess he has to go, lets call bids in and get some big offers in quickly that will enable ustospend early in the window.

South Coast White

We don't know and probably never will what this increased offer has been. My guess is its a very good one. If so, the lad, it would seem wants a big move. We'll let's cash in, never play someone who's heart is not in the game/team. Let's be fair, we've done pretty well recently without him.

PaulJ123

Wow, the lack of loyalty is amazing really.

Appreciate he might not be a fan etc but he's been with us for years, played for our youth teams, had a main role on the First XI this season. What more can he want?

It's not as if he'll go to a Liverpool/Dortmund and play week in week out.

Really poor from him and who's advising him. I'd try and sell him for £5-10m in January and get rid.

Real shame.

terryr

He shouldn't even make the bench from here on .
Give time to youngsters who want to be with us
Sick of this behaviour
Why do we have an academy I wonder?
Brentford gave up and look at them now.

MikeTheCubed

Wasn't it previously reported that he was waiting to change agent in January?

terryr

Quote from: Lordedmundo on November 02, 2021, 04:25:00 PM
Quote from: sarvenpa on November 02, 2021, 04:17:15 PM
If so, no more gametime.
Disagree completely!  No reason to believe that Carvalho will be any less committed than our other players who are out of contract at the end of the season.

Play him and his performances should help us get automatic promotion.  At least there is then a slight chance he may stay with us next season as a Premier League player.

No more gametime and he will leave at the end of the season 100% - and we remove one of our best players from the equation from now until then.
No
Let him train on his own
No shop window
No development for him!
To hell with the greedy little sod
We don't need him or anyone else who is ungrateful.
Compare and contrast with Mitro who signed a 5 year contract over the summer and will start next year when we are in the PL.
Why do we bother with an Academy?
Name one player who we developed who wasn't off when he had a chance.
Save the money for the transfer windows

rebel

At this moment in time it doesn't matter, Silva already has a section headache.

70sPimlico

It is only one report. I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the club will go back with a tweaked offer. You don't necessarily take the first offer.

It doesn't look good but don't think we should hang him out to dry just yet. He is just a lad and probably reads all this stuff

Stevieboy

If he is changing agents in January, why make him an offer now.
He's bound to turn it down until he's sorted.

NJFulham

Quote from: Stevieboy on November 02, 2021, 04:45:42 PM
If he is changing agents in January, why make him an offer now.
He's bound to turn it down until he's sorted.
Yeah, this was leaked by Fulham to put pressure on him.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Radiowhite

Anyone who says we shouldn't play him is a fool. He is one of our best players, and football is bigger than Fulham.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Bierith left for Arsenal and is starring for their U23 team and apparently Francois has also turned down his contract offer.
Drameh left for Leeds and now has a foot in the first team.
Tomorrow evening we will see Edun  playing for Blackburn after a short away but we did release him.
All young products of our Academy

South Coast White

But one single player is, evening they think they are!!!!

Milo

Personally I got awful body language from his last game.

Throwing his arms up in the air when he lost the ball and not tracking back.

He's 18 and in his first few months of first team football, should be running after everything and giving his all week in week out to keep his place. Personally, I think he's a prima donna and if he won't stay then we shouldn't be begging him to sign. He will end up like the others playing on loan for East Fife as his career sizzles out.