more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Carvalho turns down latest contract offer from Fulham

Started by 70sPimlico, November 02, 2021, 04:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craven_Chris

Quote from: Radiowhite on November 02, 2021, 05:12:19 PM
Anyone who says we shouldn't play him is a fool. He is one of our best players, and football is bigger than Fulham.

I would say the issue is that the only thing now standing between Carvalho and riches beyond his wildest dreams, is the prospect of him picking up a bad injury between now and the end of the season. Given this, its unlikely that he would be putting any effort into his performances at all before his new big club contract is signed.

If we could get a performance out of him, then sure I would play him too, but I don't think its likely he wants to take any risk himself. If he is genuinely not signing, he may not want to play at all.

bog

If he doesn't want to stay then good bye.

Thank God or someone that this never happened when the Maestro was coming through!  :doh:

092.gif 

Keefy

He certainly has talent, is young ( maybe impressionable) and ambitious. It's a shame ( if the story is correct) that he wants to move on but I'm sure many would want the same if we were in Fabio's shoes. Personally I think his football career would benefit greatly if he stayed at Fulham but I guess money talks. 

fulhamfan

we should still play him. we need to get promoted this season and he will help us to do that!

love4ffc

Just my opinion and I guess I'm one of the crazy ones but, if the lad has had his head turns and is showing signs of not being bothered then I wouldn't have him on the bench.  I'd give that spot to Jay Stansfield instead and give him the minutes and the experience. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

joef

I genuinely do not see the benefit of our academy any more.
Not toys out the pram, I've thought it for some time.
Unless there is some FFP benefit or tax rebate why do we continue with it?
We don't see many players come through and when they do they leave before striking a ball in earnest for us - Roberts, Elliot and now Carvalho.
Shut it down and save the money

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 02, 2021, 05:13:41 PM
Bierith left for Arsenal and is starring for their U23 team and apparently Francois has also turned down his contract offer.
Drameh left for Leeds and now has a foot in the first team.
Tomorrow evening we will see Edun  playing for Blackburn after a short away but we did release him.
All young products of our Academy

True, and Harvey Elliott is doing very well of course. Dembele has also played often in the CL and even got a loan move to Atleti, although I'm not sure what happened to his time there after his collapse.

We can also point to Sess, although he did only go after a few seasons, so not quite the same as some of the others that may come to mind.

There's Patrick Roberts who to me was more had a fall from grace that came about due to his own body failing him and losing him his chances with injury (I may be wrong).

And then the odd case of Matt O'R, who is performing and casting admiring glances, after his leaving and reasons being all a bit odd and up for conjecture depending on who you believe.

It's obviously complicated, but there does seem to be this issue of u18/u23 progressing to the first team and staying. And this may only be anecdotal and because I'm a Fulham fan, but it doesn't half seem to happen here more than other clubs of late.

FWIW, the more Carvalho plays now, if he does leave on a free, the better for us as his price will be judged by tribunal. This is partly why, most believe, Harvey E was giving his run outs - to prove his worth and potential. If he is instrumental in promotion, even better.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: love4ffc on November 02, 2021, 05:36:17 PM
Just my opinion and I guess I'm one of the crazy ones but, if the lad has had his head turns and is showing signs of not being bothered then I wouldn't have him on the bench.  I'd give that spot to Jay Stansfield instead and give him the minutes and the experience. 
Totally agree with this. Marco only wanted players involved who are 100% committed to the cause. Which is why Zambo wasn't involved at the start of the season. If Carvalho wants out and has made this clear to the club then remove him from the first team. He's free to sign a pre contract with any club he likes in January. I'd like to see us go back one last time with an offer but if that's turned down again then we have to let it go. No one player is bigger then a football club. Shame there's so little loyalty in football anymore.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

H4usuallysitting

I think he's still waiting for a new agent, before putting pen to paper on a Fulham contract - if that isn't the case.....then play him to get promotion & say adiós

JEEVES

sarvenpa

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 02, 2021, 05:48:16 PM
Totally agree with this. Marco only wanted players involved who are 100% committed to the cause. Which is why Zambo wasn't involved at the start of the season. If Carvalho wants out and has made this clear to the club then remove him from the first team. He's free to sign a pre contract with any club he likes in January. I'd like to see us go back one last time with an offer but if that's turned down again then we have to let it go. No one player is bigger then a football club. Shame there's so little loyalty in football anymore.

:plus one:

Fulham1959

Skatzoffc

At the end of the day, if the club has failed to secure a contract until it is too late, allowing him to leave on a free, they've managed it badly imho.
As a club we do this time and time again.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Mince n Tatties

According to Tom Barclay(A Fulham fan by the way) of The Sun,who is a very good with his info,has said he was offered a substantial offer in the contract....And they want be going back.
If that is the case,bye bye and away you go,only want players here who are committed to the cause.

Caedal

Quote from: joef on November 02, 2021, 05:45:39 PM
I genuinely do not see the benefit of our academy any more.
Not toys out the pram, I've thought it for some time.
Unless there is some FFP benefit or tax rebate why do we continue with it?
We don't see many players come through and when they do they leave before striking a ball in earnest for us - Roberts, Elliot and now Carvalho.
Shut it down and save the money

I 100% agree with this. We have done a terrible job of getting fees for our youth players. Only Sess and Roberts generated any type of fee, everyone else left for nothing. Southampton have been selling their youth players for massive fees for years, Chelsea are now doing the same and generating 100s of millions for the billion youth players they put out on loan and then sell.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on November 02, 2021, 05:48:16 PM

Zambo was involved at the start of the season, and made several appearances. Also, Carvalho is not free to sign a pre contract in January because he is several years too young to do that.

filham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on November 02, 2021, 05:13:41 PM
Bierith left for Arsenal and is starring for their U23 team and apparently Francois has also turned down his contract offer.
Drameh left for Leeds and now has a foot in the first team.
Tomorrow evening we will see Edun  playing for Blackburn after a short away but we did release him.
All young products of our Academy
As already mentioned , our owners are wasting money with the academy, we should turn to poaching and cherry pick from other academies.

ChesterTheTabby

A club gives the lad all the training, growth, and time needed to hone his skills and then he drops us like a blind date - He will probably end up being a big name somewhere, but his best interest at only 18 would be to spend time with us, get promoted and play in the Prem and then leave.

I would bench and see to it that he is not rewarded for this bullpoo. It's a slap in the face to all of his teammates and the club. Bye bye!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Sgt Fulham

It's a shame for us, but it doesn't make him a bad person deserving of lots of abuse. He is a seemingly fantastic player with ambitions above Fulham. A shame for us, but I can't blame him. In terms of loyalty, when did employers ever show any to employees? In which case, you can't expect loyalty back unfortunately.

shepperton white

If he has any sense, he will play very well for us in order to put himself in the shop window to attract the bigger offers; so yes if he's fit and plays well keep him in the first team squad