https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it time

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 08, 2021, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayffc

Quote from: Twig on November 09, 2021, 06:27:23 PM
Quote from: jayffc on November 09, 2021, 06:11:25 PM
The amount of bitterness around the Khans continues to baffle me personally.
It was well-touted by former players (Murphy and Hangeland as I recall) that something was rotten inside the club in the ending years of Al Fayeds tender (forever grateful to Al by the way regardless) ... The writing was on the wall in terms of our decline at the time and they did their best to keep us up and steadily turn things around, hiring some managers with decent records over the years etc whilst learning their way. Poured tons of cash into the club and now develop the ground in an impressive manner to secure a sustainable vision that protects us against bankruptcy and helps fund continual development.

We were handed to owners who clearly care and are nice enough people when you compare them to a large number of owners at other clubs.
Many clubs have fallen out of the premier league never to return but we have been backed time and time again with squads capable of a return, and last year many of us felt we had a squad capable of staying up under the right tuition. Staying in the prem is no given right for a club like Fulham and they've made mistakes here and there of course. But ultimately the lack of gratitude for the Khans is imo blinkered, unnecessary and ungrateful.

As well as the relegations we've had some wonderful times under them, Slav had us playing some of the most entertaining football weve had at Fulham in many years, 21 games undefeated, 2 playoff attempts, 1 incredible win at Wembley, They have put in Silva who has us playing the most goal yielding attacking football in the country. TK's personal relationship with Mitro seems to have been managed well and that has paid dividends again for us this year keeping him here. For all people think TK is such a useless character, SO MANY clubs over the years have failed to do what he's done with more experienced "Football Men" at the helm and that's kept us competing for a spot at the top table. Right now due to another successful summer on paper, we find ourseleves the in form club sitting 2nd in the table closing the gap. And to think he doesn't deserve credit for that is delusional

To suggest they DONT deserve a song when so many other clubs out there would be lucky to have what we have is bonkers. So entitled to think because we havent yet been able to sustain a run in the prem, that they are somehow undeserving of our support.

Id absolutely sing along in support. If you don't think they're worthy then ya dont have to.

Well I guess some people take a balanced and nuanced view and others are more one-sided whether it's pro like you or those few who remain steadfastly anti.  Personally I know which groups I regard as "bonkers".

Heres the thing, I've offered this exact argument for years on this board, that things arent black and white, even in my post I say acknowledge there have been things that have been done well and mistakes also made.

I'm not blinkered Pro or Against,in the same way I've never understood pledging allegience to one political party or ideology... my position is open and It's shifted based on the evidence and nuances and is maliable depending on the evidence at hand..

As it goes, on the whole, I've been grateful for their contribution, especially given how many awful owners other clubs suffer. Doesnt mean over the time of their tenour, I've not been capable of being critical when its due and positive when its earned. Just on the balance of things, I think taking an extreme view against them odd.

jayffc

Quote from: MickTheBeard on November 09, 2021, 09:35:54 PM
Can't give too much credit to khan senior when he let loose that clown of a son wasting a fortune of his dads money.He managed on one of his last jobs in charge on kongolo injured at the time,I watch the home under23s games and it's not good viewing(kongolo I mean)he looks and plays injured,if Tony's still in charge kongolo will soon get a rise and a contract extension.

And yet many were saying the same sort of cr*p when we "wasted" money on Seri (same people who were just as excited as everyone else about him when he first signed) - and Anguissa (currently smashing it in Serie A with Napoli)
Get a grip, every club from top to bottom make good and bad signings... 

Fact is, Kongolo could yet turn out to be a good signing in time, and at worst - a not too expensive gamble given he has shown international quality previously. If not, then not. Even Kebano who at the time I thought we were a bit mental for extending his contract...has proved his worth so far this season (albeit I would like an upgrade in that positon going forward)

At the start of that year we got badly relegated, there were pundits and fans left right and centre foaming at the mouth about the money wed spent ...it didnt work out, boo hoo
TK continued to supply squads capable of promotion, which we achieved...then again last season pundits again felt we'd spent well as did the fans... and it didnt work out, many of us felt that was a Scott Parker issue but it was what it was and down we came.

Now here we are playing incredible football. Our striker who loves the club and has always spoken well of his relationship with TK is the leading scorer in the country. Harry Wilson, Seri, Reed, Tosin , Tete, etc etc were all bought/retained and continue to be great for the club as we sit comfortably in the top 2 and putting pressure on top spot.

Give over with ya irrational hatred

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

"Wise men say, Only fools rush in
But we Shahid KHAN  can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?  Would it be a sin
But MR KHAN we can't falling in love with you

Like the Thames flows by our wonderful new stand
The Team has finally clicked and results are are going grand
It has taken Tony a while to learn the footie plans
But we can't help falling in love with Family Khan.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

love4ffc

Quote from: rogerpbackinMidEastUS on November 10, 2021, 02:45:56 AM
"Wise men say, Only fools rush in
But we Shahid KHAN  can't help falling in love with you
Shall I stay?  Would it be a sin
But MR KHAN we can't falling in love with you

Like the Thames flows by our wonderful new stand
The Team has finally clicked and results are are going grand
It has taken Tony a while to learn the footie plans
But we can't help falling in love with Family Khan.
0001.jpeg
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

Dougie

Quote from: jayffc on November 09, 2021, 11:19:51 PM
And yet many were saying the same sort of cr*p when we "wasted" money on Seri (same people who were just as excited as everyone else about him when he first signed) - and Anguissa (currently smashing it in Serie A with Napoli)

Fact is, Kongolo could yet turn out to be a good signing in time, and at worst - a not too expensive gamble given he has shown international quality previously. If not, then not.

At the start of that year we got badly relegated, there were pundits and fans left right and centre foaming at the mouth about the money wed spent ...it didnt work out, boo hoo
TK continued to supply squads capable of promotion, which we achieved...then again last season pundits again felt we'd spent well as did the fans... and it didnt work out, many of us felt that was a Scott Parker issue but it was what it was and down we came.

Odd comments. We considerably overpaid on Seri and Anguissa, regardless of the fact that the latter has performed well on loan away from our club, and the former is a key player in the last year of his contract in a division below the one we signed him to star in. Both are a consequence of an incredibly foolish transfer window that was poorly planned and executed by Tony Khan, without consulting the manager whose system they would have to play in, and without the football brain to understand whether or not they were right for that system.

TK may have performed adequately since then - he's assembled "squads capable of promotion" which he bloody well should have, considering we have 3x the operating budget of most clubs in the division - but we are still paying for that Summer 2018 window, which was an unmitigated disaster. It's the reason why we couldn't spend much money in Summer 2020, and make no mistake: if we hadn't won those playoffs in 2020 our club would have been in terrible shape for the following campaign, especially given the ridiculous signings we made in the 19/20 season.

Kongolo is very unlikely to be a good transfer, given his chronic injury problems, and either way it was a ridiculous signing in the context of trying to assemble a squad for survival last campaign.

We spent well in Summer 2020 - our first genuinely good Summer window under TK - but at the same time we were crippled by c.£55m of his transfers being out on loan because they weren't good enough to make the first team squad. Robinson fell on our laps by chance.

I don't hate the guy but it's insane to think those that do are doing so irrationally.

HamsterWheel

Do many owners get songs sung about them? Al Fayed the exception I think, and probably as he was a character with his scarf waving.
Can't see a song being sung about our current owners, much as I like them, unless they show up a lot more. And as Shahid Khan's boat is too big to fit under the bridges I can't see him sailing in all that much even post Covid.

fatboy13

The Khans had a dream to build a football team

They spent their money and built us our new home....

with Ream at the back Mitro in attack

we're Fulham FC we're on our way back
do do do do do

perry geyton

Can't give too much credit to khan senior when he let loose that clown of a son wasting a fortune of his dads money.He managed on one of his last jobs in charge on kongolo injured at the time,I watch the home under23s games and it's not good viewing(kongolo I mean)he looks and plays injured,if Tony's still in charge kongolo will soon get a rise and a contract extension.
Id hire my boy if I was a billionaire, blood runs deep

smells more like Anti American crap too me, with a tinge of jealousy

not all signings are a success and you wanna point out Kongolo ? how about all the FANTASTIC SIGNINGS Tony has made plus renewing contracts and holding onto our top players, Cairney Mitro etc...

jayffc

Quote from: Dougie on November 10, 2021, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: jayffc on November 09, 2021, 11:19:51 PM

Fact is, Kongolo could yet turn out to be a good signing in time, and at worst - a not too expensive gamble given he has shown international quality previously. If not, then not.

Odd comments. We considerably overpaid on Seri and Anguissa, regardless of the fact that the latter has performed well on loan away from our club, and the former is a key player in the last year of his contract in a division below the one we signed him to star in. Both are a consequence of an incredibly foolish transfer window that was poorly planned and executed by Tony Khan, without consulting the manager whose system they would have to play in, and without the football brain to understand whether or not they were right for that system.

TK may have performed adequately since then - he's assembled "squads capable of promotion" which he bloody well should have, considering we have 3x the operating budget of most clubs in the division - but we are still paying for that Summer 2018 window, which was an unmitigated disaster. It's the reason why we couldn't spend much money in Summer 2020, and make no mistake: if we hadn't won those playoffs in 2020 our club would have been in terrible shape for the following campaign, especially given the ridiculous signings we made in the 19/20 season.

Kongolo is very unlikely to be a good transfer, given his chronic injury problems, and either way it was a ridiculous signing in the context of trying to assemble a squad for survival last campaign.

We spent well in Summer 2020 - our first genuinely good Summer window under TK - but at the same time we were crippled by c.£55m of his transfers being out on loan because they weren't good enough to make the first team squad. Robinson fell on our laps by chance.

I don't hate the guy but it's insane to think those that do are doing so irrationally.

Its "Insane" to think that "hating" a person who has kept us competitive and not seen us fall completely from grace like so many other clubs that have been in similar situations? See that's the oddest comment here for me. You don't think it's irrational to expend so much energy hating someone who at worst has kept us competing at a time when we could easily have gone the way of the likes of Forest- Boro - Sunderland - Bolton - Swansea - Portsmouth etc? So far as to say they shouldn't have a chant to support them? I just think that's such a wild take but each to their own.

Firstly, when people talk about 2018 being an "unmiitigated disaster"...they forget that at the time they were licking their lips at the squad as was every bloody pundit out there. They judge it with such disdain they forget that they were on board with the squad we had at the time of signing them. Schurlle, Vietto, Chambers, Rico, Seri , Anguissa, Mawson, Fabri, Babel... Coming off the back of that 21game undefeated playing Slav football season, SO many of us thought we'd added more than enough to compete at the start of the season. So at the time, we all thought that money was well spent. It's all very easy to look at it after and say it was a disaster and blame people, but we were all well up for that squad at the start of the season for a newly promoted club so seems odd to drag TK so badly for it. Did it materialise badly? sure, should TK take some blame, sure, but lets not act like he spent a fortune on a load of nobodies with no history of potential for top-level quality. That it wasn't replicated here in a cohesive way came later.

As for the rest,
Seri is proving his worth, whatever the level, if he's a part of getting us promoted and potentially staying there next year then it'll be well worth the transfer however long its taken. It's possible that the issue may have been the management in place to get the best from him previous, or any manner of other things, but fundamentally he has evident quality and was highly rated when we signed him. You can't always account for highly rated players signing and then not performing...all you can do is sign players with the capabilities and hope the management are able to mould something out of them that gets the best from them. Ya can't win em all was my point. It was widely regarded as an incredible signing by every fan and pundit at the time so people posthumously claiming what an awful waste that money it was, when they were just as enthusiastic at the time the money was exchanged as everyone else seems a little cheap. If they'd called it prior saying it was a bad signing, then fine... being scathingly judgmental from hindsight seems churlish.

Anguissa is another who's proven he has huge quality at the top level, proves he's not a useless waste of money generally, he showed in many flashes what he was capable of, that it didn't quite work out for him here happens in football...it's not an issue exclusive to TK. He's a good player that it didn't always work out for here. Our issue that window was not improving our defence enough, granted (and I said that at the time) though Mawson - another highly rated CB brought in didn't deliver mostly due to injury. We then learnt the lessons from there and I think every season since we have been afforded a team capable of competing well given the right stewardship. Now I think, and hope we've found the right man at the helm to really utilise the talent we have.

As for "we bloody well should have" sure....but many in the same position "bloody well" haven't.
Kongolo didn't cost us alot, we already had our main defenders in Anderson and Tosin and they were remarkably good. Kongolo was a high rish high reward gamble. IF he gets fit and finds form, we have another brilliant defender on the books, if not, we don't lose a huge amount of cash. We've taken that risk over the years on many players pre and post Khans, and sometimes its gone for us, sometimes against.

As for "Not consulting the manager" this is all a matter of who you believe and I dont know why anyone has more reason to believe one person than another in this case given you don't know either personally. Tony has said on multiple occasions over the years its a 3 tick system. The manager, data team and scouts all have a seat at the table, and he said that Parker had the same invitation as previous managers, but the difference was that he was much more active in wanting to be an active part of that process. Maybe it's him lying, or maybe its Slav, but hard to know either way so again, feeling something as strong as hatred seems an odd reaction given it's up for debate.

Then to say Robinson, "fell in our lap by chance" is about as disingenuous as you could possibly be. He could have "fallen in the lap" of any other club, but he didn't, we signed him, and he cost us a pittance. Imagine being so incredulous as to give ZERO credit for the transfer to the person who got the deal signed.

In 19/20 season we signed

Hector (was absolutely brilliant for us that season and who had he signed earlier if Spurs hadn't p***ed us around we'd likely have finished higher given his form, we all expected him to do better than he did at the top level from what we initially saw)
Harrison Reed (still one of the best players in the team)
Bobby Reid (another who has done well enough to be considered a good purchase at this level and a squad player in the prem)

Then you have
Arter - wasnt awful, gave us a bite and played well at times, proven at that level and a Parker tip off.
Onomah (justified his place in the promotion push but was one of Parkers tips again)
Knockaert and Cav  - 2 players again we were all excited for, 2 previous club players of the season at champ level and who universally people thought would improve us. So again , easy with hindsight to say they were rubbish but that wasn't the sentiment at the time and so to say they were poor transfers like TK should have known they would be is a stretch imo.

Then you have:
Rui Fonte - sure, not a good one that
Kongolo - we've been over this one, low cost high potential reward, still could prove his worth.

and the returning Kamara, who for all his drama, in moments was an asset to us in our promotion season.
Not quite the "ridiculous" crap window you made out imo but each to their own.

Anyway, sure well go round in circles here.
If we wanna make a good sogn for em, so be it, if someones that spiteful they refuse to sing, cool, be consumed in the bitterness, that's fine too. Just guess we have different expectations of what constitutes good owners. As someone put above, I forget I remember us playing Grimbsy Away, many have come to expect premier league level transfers and action as a given.

Onwards. If we come up with a song, great.

jayffc

Quote from: perry geyton on November 10, 2021, 06:33:43 PM
Id hire my boy if I was a billionaire, blood runs deep

smells more like Anti American crap too me, with a tinge of jealousy

not all signings are a success and you wanna point out Kongolo ? how about all the FANTASTIC SIGNINGS Tony has made plus renewing contracts and holding onto our top players, Cairney Mitro etc...

Indeed

Dougie

Quote from: jayffc on November 10, 2021, 06:36:39 PM
words

Few things to respond to.

Robinson: literally fell on our laps. He was going to Sheff Utd until they reduced the fee they were offering at the last minute to the exact amount in Robinson's release clause. This annoyed the administrator, so he phoned up Alistair Mac - who he knew - and offered the player to us for a little more than what Sheff Utd were paying, so that the Wigan administrator could rightfully thumb his nose at Sheff Utd for being underhanded. This had nothing to do with TK. The reason he didn't fall into the laps of other clubs is the pre-existing relationship between our MD and the Wigan administrator. TK deserves the same credit for this that he does for the initial Mitrovic loan.

If you still think I'm being disingenuous I would love to see your reasoning.

Seri is not "proving his worth" because standing out in the Championship for half a season doesn't justify a £25m fee. Similarly, to argue that Anguissa is a good player is to ignore the actual criticism, which is that he isn't a £30m player.

In 19/20 we paid at least £40m for Knockaert, Cav and Reid. Of those three only Reid at c. £10m is close to value for money. Hector is a good Championship player but didn't make the step up to PL, so £8m for such a player with 1 year left on his contract isn't good value for money. Harrison Reed was a loan signing we could only sign permanently because we were promoted. Onomah is a good Championship-quality player and £5m for one of those is a lot of money.

In 17/18 we signed Fonte, Cisse and Kamara for a combined £12.25m. That is not good value for money, unless you value Kamara at £12.25m.

18/19 "So at the time, we all thought that money was well spent" - speak for yourself, and that's not how you judge a transfer window. The role of recruitment necessitates being slightly less naive and generally more informed than the average football fan.

Kongolo isn't "low cost". Including wages he will probably cost the club £10m.

Of all of the clubs you compare our fortunes to, none had the financial backing TK has enjoyed. Our competitiveness is being preserved much more by financial backing and the gross inequity caused by parachute payments, than it is by clever recruitment.

perry geyton

Quote from: Dougie on November 10, 2021, 11:39:33 PM
words

Robinson: literally fell on our laps. He was going to Sheff Utd until they reduced the fee they were offering at the last minute to the exact amount in Robinson's release clause. This annoyed the administrator, so he phoned up Alistair Mac - who he knew - and offered the player to us for a little more than what Sheff Utd were paying, so that the Wigan administrator could rightfully thumb his nose at Sheff Utd for being underhanded. This had nothing to do with TK. He deserves the same credit for this that he does for the initial Mitrovic loan.

Seri is not "proving his worth" because standing out in the Championship for half a season doesn't justify a £25m fee. Similarly, to argue that Anguissa is a good player is to ignore the actual criticism, which is that he isn't a £30m player.

In 19/20 we paid at least £40m for Knockaert, Cav and Reid. Of those three only Reid at c. £10m is close to value for money. Hector is a good Championship player but didn't make the step up to PL, so £8m for such a player with 1 year left on his contract isn't good value for money. Harrison Reed was a loan signing we could only sign permanently because we were promoted. Onomah is a good Championship-quality player and £5m for one of those is a lot of money.

In 17/18 we signed Fonte, Cisse and Kamara for a combined £12.25m. That is not good value for money, unless you value Kamara at £12.25m.

18/19 "So at the time, we all thought that money was well spent" - speak for yourself, and that's not how you judge a transfer window. The role of recruitment necessitates being slightly less naive and generally more informed than the average football fan.

Of all of the clubs you compare our fortunes to, none had the financial backing TK has enjoyed. Our competitiveness is being preserved much more by financial backing and the gross inequity caused by parachute payments, than it is by clever recruitment.
words

Robinson: literally fell on our laps. He was going to Sheff Utd until they reduced the fee they were offering at the last minute to the exact amount in Robinson's release clause. This annoyed the administrator, so he phoned up Alistair Mac - who he knew - and offered the player to us for a little more than what Sheff Utd were paying, so that the Wigan administrator could rightfully thumb his nose at Sheff Utd for being underhanded. This had nothing to do with TK. He deserves the same credit for this that he does for the initial Mitrovic loan.

words

knit picking at its finest

you win some, you lose some, we have parachute dough so of coarse we are gonna throw it around more then others, its got us promoted twice !!
you also forgot to mention all the good business we've done  ? brought in so many good players, holding onto Mitro, TC etc...

also I thought we got Onomah as part of the sessagnon deal plus 25 Mil.

Seri will get us promoted this season based on his form which is worth 200 Mil + alone

I do agree on Cav and Knockeart though we should never of bought them

Dougie

Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 12:04:24 AM

you win some, you lose some, we have parachute dough so of coarse we are gonna throw it around more then others, its got us promoted twice !!
you also forgot to mention all the good business we've done  ? brought in so many good players, holding onto Mitro, TC etc...

Seri will get us promoted this season based on his form which is worth 200 Mil + alone

It isn't knit-picking to demonstrate an overall pattern of significant overpayment. That's the opposite of knit picking.

Even the good players we've signed have generally been way above market value, with the exception of the 2020 Summer window where we finally made some good value-for-money signings.

Holding on to Mitro and TC wasn't done through force of character or goodwill, it was done by tearing the relegation wage drop clause out of their contracts (that both had agreed to just 12 months previously) and continuing to pay them PL wages in the Championship.

We were a victory over a tinpot club with a fraction of our budget, in 2020, from a financial implosion that was entirely of TK's making.

Seri is not a £25m player.

QuoteI do agree on Cav and Knockeart though we should never of bought them

Correct, but the deals TK struck for the initial loan obligated us to buy both after reaching a set number of appearances, and we would have ended up being forced to commit to Arter too had he not missed much of the season with injury. These were deals he had represented as risk free on the Fulhamish podcast back when he made his appearance.

perry geyton

I agree with jayffc seems like all the haters just have issues with Tony being a lucky boy and born into a wealthy family, most of em would give their right arm to be in that situation and would be doing exactly the same thing themself if they'd of been so lucky.

Shahid is a hard working man that came from nothing, I don't have issues with him giving his son a job and learning the trade, its not like he's doing it all alone,  he has good knowledged people all around him

look at that stadium, I for one and as an FFC supporter for 50 odd years am eternally grateful

id take him all day long compared to a hell of a lot of other club owners... Newcastle etc. etc.

NOW FFS PEOPLE, WRITE HIM A SONG

jayffc

Quote from: Dougie on November 11, 2021, 12:14:54 AM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 12:04:24 AM

It isn't knit-picking to demonstrate an overall pattern of significant overpayment. That's the opposite of knit picking.

Even the good players we've signed have generally been way above market value, with the exception of the 2020 Summer window where we finally made some good value-for-money signings.

Holding on to Mitro and TC wasn't done through force of character or goodwill, it was done by tearing the relegation wage drop clause out of their contracts (that both had agreed to just 12 months previously) and continuing to pay them PL wages in the Championship.

We were a victory over a tinpot club with a fraction of our budget, in 2020, from a financial implosion that was entirely of TK's making.

Seri is not a £25m player.

QuoteI do agree on Cav and Knockeart though we should never of bought them

Correct, but the deals TK struck for the initial loan obligated us to buy both after reaching a set number of appearances, and we would have ended up being forced to commit to Arter too had he not missed much of the season with injury. These were deals he had represented as risk free on the Fulhamish podcast back when he made his appearance.

What witty use of the quote feature big guy, well done you.

It is knit-picking....to the enth degree and it's rightly being called out.

Most of what it boils down to is, Were the likes of Seri a 25m player *when we bought* him...well if you recall at the time it was a resounding yes... courted by Barca, pundits and fans frothing about it. That it didn't work out straight away is just how it goes in football, jesus as has been stated a number of times. So easy to call it a waste after the fact, you have to make these calls up front. Cav and Knock came with big reputations at champ level, all you can do is provide a squad with either proven quality or potential for more in the moment, and that's what he did. When we first signed Cav and Knock we all were licking our lips at a front 3 of Mitro Cav and Knock. So give me a break deriding a guy posthumously cos they didn't work out at the time. Seri may well prove his worth at Prem level if he carries on how he is currently, and it would be delicious if so. As for Anguiss I could see the argument we overspent, though, he looks worth that fee at the moment in Serie A ,so again, he is capable of justifying the fee, it just didn't for a multitude of potential reasons quite work out here, after the fact.

Largely the money spent has been on players with proven pedigree most people felt were great additions at the time:

Anguissa
Seri
Mawson
Wilson

Are the only people we spent north of 15m on individually. All of which still continue to possess evident quality, and as has been so obviously stated, you can do nothing but supply the players that *at that time* of signing, appear capable of doing well, whilst conferring with the 3 tick system, and the rest is down to the management team to get the best from them. Anguissa is perhaps more

I've grown extremely tired of this back and forth about TK on this board over the years. I could waste another hour indulging it but it's a waste of time, the people locked into this thinking are set in their ways and it really is a waste of both our time again now.

Is it a cop out? sure why not, I disagree with so much of what you've written but am genuinely over it at this point...don't wanna sing a song? don't sing it, want to spend time justifying people being actually hateful over such trivial s*** in life...do you.

jayffc

Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 12:18:26 AM
I agree with jayffc seems like all the haters just have issues with Tony being a lucky boy and born into a wealthy family, most of em would give their right arm to be in that situation and would be doing exactly the same thing themself if they'd of been so lucky.

Shahid is a hard working man that came from nothing, I don't have issues with him giving his son a job and learning the trade, its not like he's doing it all alone,  he has good knowledged people all around him

look at that stadium, I for one and as an FFC supporter for 50 odd years am eternally grateful

id take him all day long compared to a hell of a lot of other club owners... Newcastle etc. etc.

All the best Perry

Glad after such a long time rooting for this club you see plenty of positives in their tenure that counter the human mistakes, and hopefully, the new stand continues to secure our future fiscally... As we've seen from a number of other clubs, it's easy to take for granted our existence and genuine deeper mismanagement continues to cost some other lower league clubs around us.

Win some lose some indeed and evidently lessons continue to be learned, we'll never have a 100% hit rate every season with transfers but hopefully we can continue to current trajectory.

perry geyton

Quote from: jayffc on November 11, 2021, 05:03:29 PM
Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 12:18:26 AM

All the best Perry

Glad after such a long time rooting for this club you see plenty of positives in their tenure that counter the human mistakes, and hopefully, the new stand continues to secure our future fiscally... As we've seen from a number of other clubs, it's easy to take for granted our existence and genuine deeper mismanagement continues to cost some other lower league clubs around us.

Win some lose some indeed and evidently lessons continue to be learned, we'll never have a 100% hit rate every season with transfers but hopefully we can continue to current trajectory.
notice how he forgets to mention Tosin ? what did we pay for him 2 million, got ripped off big time............

perry geyton

lets also not forget :

Dennis Odoi
Sony Aluko
Kevin Mcdonald
Floyd Ayite
AK
Stef Jo
Joe Bryan
TC
Mitrovic
Rodak
Betts
BDR
Aerola
Lookman
plus many more
all quality signings

Penfold

Quote from: perry geyton on November 11, 2021, 06:12:03 PM
lets also not forget :

Dennis Odoi
Sony Aluko
Kevin Mcdonald
Floyd Ayite
AK
Stef Jo
Joe Bryan
TC
Mitrovic
Rodak
Betts
BDR
Aerola
Lookman
plus many more
all quality signings

I think we'll agree to disagree on AK.

Rodak, I thought was academy?

Don't really want to bother getting into argument about TK. He's Mr Wonderful according to some, Satanic spawn per some others.

I like to think myself slightly more reasoned on him. But I'm probably not.

Poor relationship with coaches and not overly well thought of with football people I've spoken with. Craig Kline.

Some far better stuff recently. Some saying this due to him less involved. Maybe true, maybe not.

Shad seemed hands on with the appointment of Silva as he was with Slav. Hopefully a good omen.

Gezza

Quote from: fatboy13 on November 10, 2021, 12:49:14 PM
The Khans had a dream to build a football team

They spent their money and built us our new home....

with Ream at the back Mitro in attack

we're Fulham FC we're on our way back
do do do do do

He's big,  He's flash
He wears a big moustach
Shahid Khan , Shahid Khan