more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it time

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 08, 2021, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

A song for Khan

We could adapt the spam song...or the old skol (beer) song....just change the name spam/khan or skol/khan

Just a thought

joshfulham

Has he done anything to warrant a song? As far as I'm concerned he can pour as much money as he wants into the club, it's worth nothing as long as his son is in charge - and that's ultimately his failing.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: joshfulham on November 09, 2021, 11:17:19 AM
Has he done anything to warrant a song? As far as I'm concerned he can pour as much money as he wants into the club, it's worth nothing as long as his son is in charge - and that's ultimately his failing.

Not sure what TK has done wrong recently.

joshfulham

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 09, 2021, 12:00:56 PM

Not sure what TK has done wrong recently.

Are we in the Premier League? No - we are still bouncing between divisions just as we have been since he took over. That can't be anyone else's failing but his as the man in charge of hiring/firing and player recruitment. And in his own words, we should be grateful to be a yoyo club!

Twig

I'm not sure about this. Shad Khan has been an excellent owner in many ways; long term commitment, continued investment in the squad, major infrastructure improvements and on top of it all he seems a very decent man.  Weighing against that, TK was frankly a disaster and Shad should never have appointed him as DoF. 
It has to be said that thus far we've gone backwards during Mr Khan's ownership even if we are enjoying a good season this year in the Championship (and I do appreciate that our squad needed investment when he bought the club).
To my mind we need promotion and a decent start to life in the Prem next season, then and only then are supporters likely to sign a Khan song with passion.

perry geyton

Hmmm let me see
A brand new "classy" stadium and millions and millions invested into a cracking team
I think that more then justifies some respect

The term "ungrateful" comes to mind

jayffc

The amount of bitterness around the Khans continues to baffle me personally.
It was well-touted by former players (Murphy and Hangeland as I recall) that something was rotten inside the club in the ending years of Al Fayeds tender (forever grateful to Al by the way regardless) ... The writing was on the wall in terms of our decline at the time and they did their best to keep us up and steadily turn things around, hiring some managers with decent records over the years etc whilst learning their way. Poured tons of cash into the club and now develop the ground in an impressive manner to secure a sustainable vision that protects us against bankruptcy and helps fund continual development.

We were handed to owners who clearly care and are nice enough people when you compare them to a large number of owners at other clubs.
Many clubs have fallen out of the premier league never to return but we have been backed time and time again with squads capable of a return, and last year many of us felt we had a squad capable of staying up under the right tuition. Staying in the prem is no given right for a club like Fulham and they've made mistakes here and there of course. But ultimately the lack of gratitude for the Khans is imo blinkered, unnecessary and ungrateful.

As well as the relegations we've had some wonderful times under them, Slav had us playing some of the most entertaining football weve had at Fulham in many years, 21 games undefeated, 2 playoff attempts, 1 incredible win at Wembley, They have put in Silva who has us playing the most goal yielding attacking football in the country. TK's personal relationship with Mitro seems to have been managed well and that has paid dividends again for us this year keeping him here. For all people think TK is such a useless character, SO MANY clubs over the years have failed to do what he's done with more experienced "Football Men" at the helm and that's kept us competing for a spot at the top table. Right now due to another successful summer on paper, we find ourseleves the in form club sitting 2nd in the table closing the gap. And to think he doesn't deserve credit for that is delusional

To suggest they DONT deserve a song when so many other clubs out there would be lucky to have what we have is bonkers. So entitled to think because we havent yet been able to sustain a run in the prem, that they are somehow undeserving of our support.

Id absolutely sing along in support. If you don't think they're worthy then ya dont have to.

Twig

Quote from: jayffc on November 09, 2021, 06:11:25 PM
It was well-touted by former players (Murphy and Hangeland as I recall) that something was rotten inside the club in the ending years of Al Fayeds tender (forever grateful to Al by the way regardless) ... The writing was on the wall in terms of our decline at the time and they did their best to keep us up and steadily turn things around, hiring some managers with decent records over the years etc whilst learning their way. Poured tons of cash into the club and now develop the ground in an impressive manner to secure a sustainable vision that protects us against bankruptcy and helps fund continual development.

We were handed to owners who clearly care and are nice enough people when you compare them to a large number of owners at other clubs.
Many clubs have fallen out of the premier league never to return but we have been backed time and time again with squads capable of a return, and last year many of us felt we had a squad capable of staying up under the right tuition. Staying in the prem is no given right for a club like Fulham and they've made mistakes here and there of course. But ultimately the lack of gratitude for the Khans is imo blinkered, unnecessary and ungrateful.

As well as the relegations we've had some wonderful times under them, Slav had us playing some of the most entertaining football weve had at Fulham in many years, 21 games undefeated, 2 playoff attempts, 1 incredible win at Wembley, They have put in Silva who has us playing the most goal yielding attacking football in the country. TK's personal relationship with Mitro seems to have been managed well and that has paid dividends again for us this year keeping him here. For all people think TK is such a useless character, SO MANY clubs over the years have failed to do what he's done with more experienced "Football Men" at the helm and that's kept us competing for a spot at the top table. Right now due to another successful summer on paper, we find ourseleves the in form club sitting 2nd in the table closing the gap. And to think he doesn't deserve credit for that is delusional

To suggest they DONT deserve a song when so many other clubs out there would be lucky to have what we have is bonkers. So entitled to think because we havent yet been able to sustain a run in the prem, that they are somehow undeserving of our support.

Id absolutely sing along in support. If you don't think they're worthy then ya dont have to.

Well I guess some people take a balanced and nuanced view and others are more one-sided whether it's pro like you or those few who remain steadfastly anti.  Personally I know which groups I regard as "bonkers".

Rupert

The lack of gratitude, the sense of entitlement to a place in the top flight, this is all a result of two decades of relative success. Back as recently as 1996, had you got all of us together (we'd all have squeezed into a large hall) and told us the next twenty-five years would bring us three promotions in five years, then a decade long stay in the top flight, three incursions into European football, including a major final, then a relative decline into becoming a yo-yo club between the top two divisions, I imagine you would have left the stage to howls of laughter, as well as a lot of us clapping you on the back in sympathy as your vision, your delusion, could not possibly come true.

Had you been able to guarantee that it would, would we have accepted it? My God, yes!

I have made the point before, the Fulham we older fans supported is gone, and we now have a new Fulham where a lot of our fans (who would certainly not fit safely in a huge hall any longer) have got used to being in the big league, and, yes, think it is where we have always "belonged." Lets face it, if a wet Saturday in Carlisle (who put the ball in the Carlisle net?) is not part of your Fulham experience, but regular trips to Liverpool and Manchester are, then this current situation must seem to be very poor.

I think we were spoiled with Chairman Mo. He had a closer relationship with us than most chairmen. I wonder how many other clubs have a chant for their owner? Not many, I'll bet.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

SuffolkWhite

I like the Khans and very pleased they are owners, one day there maybe song for them and rightly so. The Al Fayed song came about due to the historical situation and fitted. The point I am trying to make is most clubs fans dont sing about there owners, do they?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fulham Tup North

Gotta agree with this 👍👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Twig on November 09, 2021, 05:31:51 PM
I'm not sure about this. Shad Khan has been an excellent owner in many ways; long term commitment, continued investment in the squad, major infrastructure improvements and on top of it all he seems a very decent man.  Weighing against that, TK was frankly a disaster and Shad should never have appointed him as DoF. 
It has to be said that thus far we've gone backwards during Mr Khan's ownership even if we are enjoying a good season this year in the Championship (and I do appreciate that our squad needed investment when he bought the club).
To my mind we need promotion and a decent start to life in the Prem next season, then and only then are supporters likely to sign a Khan song with passion.

Gone backwards? Are you on a wind up? A new standard and better training ground. On top of £110 million in one season on players. When has this club ever done that. Al Fayad had stopped putting money in up to the point of sale, so we were playing catch up for a while.
The Khan's have put up plenty to give us a fighting chance to survive with the big boys. If you can't see that, then you clearly want more than we can realistically achieve.

Twig

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 09, 2021, 06:56:36 PM

Gone backwards? Are you on a wind up? A new standard and better training ground. On top of £110 million in one season on players. When has this club ever done that. Al Fayad had stopped putting money in up to the point of sale, so we were playing catch up for a while.
The Khan's have put up plenty to give us a fighting chance to survive with the big boys. If you can't see that, then you clearly want more than we can realistically achieve.

Err what don't you understand about backwards? I tried to state a balanced view, I gave great credit to Shahid Khan for his stewardship. All I get from one or two blinkered fanatics is abuse. Frankly no better than the idiots who still insist on seeing only negatives.

KJS

Pretty petty attitude still if that's how you feel 🙄

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Twig on November 09, 2021, 07:12:50 PM

Err what don't you understand about backwards? I tried to state a balanced view, I gave great credit to Shahid Khan for his stewardship. All I get from one or two blinkered fanatics is abuse. Frankly no better than the idiots who still insist on seeing only negatives.

Going backwards implies that we have only got worse as a whole. Which is incorrect. There is no abuse from me whatsoever. I just asked if you were on a wind up.
I'm not a blinkered fanatic either, I just remember the days before Al Fayad joined, they were glum days and going backwards from there would have been extinction. These aren't bad times at all, I just think some have visions of grandeur.

Penfold

Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 09, 2021, 07:45:08 PM

Going backwards implies that we have only got worse as a whole. Which is incorrect. There is no abuse from me whatsoever. I just asked if you were on a wind up.
I'm not a blinkered fanatic either, I just remember the days before Al Fayad joined, they were glum days and going backwards from there would have been extinction. These aren't bad times at all, I just think some have visions of grandeur.

Very balanced post. I think what I would look at is that judging the current era on the pre Al Fayed era is a bit worrying. I was there and witnessed some incredible cack. However, we had a number of years that moved the club up the pecking order. When Shad bought us it was a far different beast than the one MAF purchased.

Would Shad have been interested in buying a lower division club? I doubt it. We can argue about what state the club was in when he purchased it. But it was far better than it was in 1997. A number of people who hail Shad have nothing but contempt for MAF but would Shad have heard of Fulham if it had not been for MAF?

There have been a shed load of mistakes under the current ownership. But all chairman/owners make mistakes.

I'm hopeful that things are changing for the better at FFC. As for a song, something to do with a porn star moustache should be humorous. And I reckon Shad would get it. 😜

Fernhurst

COMPLETELY AGREE- wish I could write a little ditty that would catch on in The Hammy.
Well overdue in my opinion.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Penfold on November 09, 2021, 08:17:57 PM
Quote from: RufusBrevettatemyhamster on November 09, 2021, 07:45:08 PM

Very balanced post. I think what I would look at is that judging the current era on the pre Al Fayed era is a bit worrying. I was there and witnessed some incredible cack. However, we had a number of years that moved the club up the pecking order. When Shad bought us it was a far different beast than the one MAF purchased.

Would Shad have been interested in buying a lower division club? I doubt it. We can argue about what state the club was in when he purchased it. But it was far better than it was in 1997. A number of people who hail Shad have nothing but contempt for MAF but would Shad have heard of Fulham if it had not been for MAF?

There have been a shed load of mistakes under the current ownership. But all chairman/owners make mistakes.

I'm hopeful that things are changing for the better at FFC. As for a song, something to do with a porn star moustache should be humorous. And I reckon Shad would get it. 😜

Dirk Lehmans second coming 🤣🤣

MickTheBeard

Can't give too much credit to khan senior when he let loose that clown of a son wasting a fortune of his dads money.He managed on one of his last jobs in charge on kongolo injured at the time,I watch the home under23s games and it's not good viewing(kongolo I mean)he looks and plays injured,if Tony's still in charge kongolo will soon get a rise and a contract extension.

Dougie

It seems sycophantic, so no. Al Fayed courted a direct relationship by showing up to games, waving a big scarf and acting like a clown. Our present owners: I respect them, I'm grateful for their funding and their earnest efforts to set us up for the future, but they both run the club from thousands of miles away, and engage the fans from a carefully managed distance, except for the times when Tony lets himself get drawn into Twitter nonsense. I don't feel that same relationship. No song from me.