watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it time

Started by H4usuallysitting, November 08, 2021, 02:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thames Bank 1

There should be a song for the  Khans, though do not no what the tone would be, or simply don't sin g about Al Fayed anymore as his time has gone.

Dougie

Quote from: jayffc on November 12, 2021, 09:58:41 PM
It wasn't just fans it was football people and pundits up and down the country.

I don't remember any football people saying he was worth £25m. That's the whole point.
No other club has ever bid more than £15m for Seri (and never will), and if the football world had genuinely valued him at the time, then the absence of a competing bid to ours is inexplicable.
We didn't beat other offers. We were a mark for an inflated transfer. TK was a rube and several people took advantage of that.

QuotePeople want a villain to hate and blame for their frustration. Life.

Pretty unreasonable to think people shouldn't vent towards the root cause of two relegations.

perry geyton

Dougie I presume is the ultimate perfect specimen that has never put a foot wrong his whole life

Twig

Just a point regards this and other pro vs anti Khan threads.  Why on earth do people insist on talking about "the Khans"?  Shahid and his son Tony are very different people doing very different jobs and whatever one thinks about them it seems terribly simplistic to just lump them together.

Dougie

Quote from: perry geyton on November 13, 2021, 03:22:02 PM
Dougie I presume is the ultimate perfect specimen that has never put a foot wrong his whole life

lmao if I'd ever performed in any of my jobs as badly as TK I'd have lost that job long ago. Not many people get away with wasting over £100m of their employer's money and then embarrassing themselves publicly.

TK isn't in his job on merit and isn't keeping his job on merit, and we all know it. And you think we should be singing songs praising him.

perry geyton

Quote from: Dougie on November 13, 2021, 09:31:53 PM

lmao if I'd ever performed in any of my jobs as badly as TK I'd have lost that job long ago. Not many people get away with wasting over £100m of their employer's money and then embarrassing themselves publicly.

TK isn't in his job on merit and isn't keeping his job on merit, and we all know it. And you think we should be singing songs praising him.

The songs for Shahid Bongo not Tony

And you wish your old man was a billionaire, you'd be up to your neck in Fanny

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on November 13, 2021, 11:30:55 PM

What???

SuffolkWhite

So this thread was about a song for the Khans?

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

perry geyton

Quote from: Twig on November 13, 2021, 11:35:52 PM

What???

Ha didn't have my Specks on Twig I thought it was blingo was messing with him

Twig is your real name John ?

Woolly Mammoth

I would not  bother about any songs, the Chairman is never in attendance to hear them, unless his jags are in town, but that's his choice I suppose. Plus I don't think it would bother him either way, I doubt he will lose any sleep over it.
He seems a decent enough bloke and I appreciate what he has done, and yes he has made some errors of judgement over the years due to his lack of knowledge of association football but nevertheless it appears he is one of the good guys.
As for his son the less said about him the better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

I Ronic

I've followed Fulham since the mid sixties, roughly 50 years. during that time we've been in the top flight for roughly 15 years. Promotions, relegations,  an FA cup final, a European final and beating Chelsea on the odd occasion. Premiership or Championship I'm not that bothered, both have their advantages and disadvantages. The important thing for me is that there is still a Fulham.
In all the time I've supported the club, we've had a few Owners and Chairman. A special mention to Jimmy Hill's tenure, without him I doubt there would be a Fulham. If I had to choose out of all of those I'd go with Sahid Khan as the most likely to preserve the Club, it's values and maybe enjoy a bit of success.

Twig

Quote from: perry geyton on November 14, 2021, 12:19:55 AM
Quote from: Twig on November 13, 2021, 11:35:52 PM

What???

Ha didn't have my Specks on Twig I thought it was blingo was messing with him

Twig is your real name John ?

That's me Perry. Do we know each other?