more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR - Newcastle

Started by RufusBrevettatemyhamster, November 08, 2021, 04:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Appoint Eddie Howe.
At least he'll know how to get them up after their relegation this year. Squad needs a complete overhaul. No where near good enough for the Premiership.

Art Vandelay

Sensible appointment I think.

A marquee manager isn't likely to join them at the moment or stay when relegated but Howe will, plus he knows a few players from his Bournemouth days which should help.

bog

I reckon he is there until the end of the season. If he keeps them up he gets a big fat bonus and moves on to be replaced by a really big name.

Thank you and good night

092.gif

The Rock

It's amazing they have stayed up the past 3-4 seasons. Newcastle is a cat with 9 lives - perhaps until now.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Early reports were that he was turning the job down because he did not agree with the owners having too much say in the management.
Obviously money talks!

AJW48361

Risky appointment trap door a big possibility.

St Eve

I think he is a good manager, but won't survive at Newcastle. They want a big name in the long run is my guess

rebel

I don't think they will get the big signings they think they will, If I was a current player and had huge principles, then I would feel ambushed, trapped etc.

Stevieboy

Maybe he'll make a swoop on Bournemouth during the transfer window.......

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Quote from: Stevieboy on November 09, 2021, 11:41:25 AM
Maybe he'll make a swoop on Bournemouth during the transfer window.......

Fingers crossed.

Whitesideup

Quote from: bog on November 08, 2021, 04:41:32 PM
I reckon he is there until the end of the season. If he keeps them up he gets a big fat bonus and moves on to be replaced by a really big name.

Thank you and good night

092.gif
One big job to keep them up this year. Already further adrift than normal, they are no better than previous seasons and it would be surprising to see anyone bar Norwich and perhaps Watford below them, though there are a couple of other teams in freefall, so who knows. But surely if he kept them up, they would stay with him for a season or so at least to see what he could do with an enhanced squad? Interesting comment that at first he was concerned by level of owner involvement ... Howe likes a certain type of player, "coachable" ones,  and would not be happy with galacticos being signed on stupid contracts. That's not how he works. So if the squad is enhanced in a style that does not work for him, that could be tough. He would cop the blame for their decisions.

Staffs White

I find this quite funny to be honest. All this money they now have and the best they can get is Eddie Howe. No disrespect but he's not exactly Conte or Zidane. I'd be pretty underwhelmed if it were us in that situation. Smacks of a short term appointment as someone alluded to above.

I Ronic

Must be a bit deflating for their fans. Nobody interested even with the big money on offer.

HamsterWheel

It's amusing that all the other Prem clubs are apparently not going to sell Newcastle any players in January. They don't want the competition. Wouldn't be surprised to see anyone jostling with Newcastle for relegation at the end of the season to get some odd points from other Prem teams.

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

I do find it amusing that people are saying it isn't the best appointment for Newcastle, yet some were crying out for him to come here. Does that mean Newcastle are better than us?

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on November 08, 2021, 04:41:32 PM

Thank you and good night

092.gif

Smart move by Newcastle if he keeps them up that's brilliant but if they go down he is the perfect choice to get them back up.
Eddie is a really nice guy who I have spoken too on a few occasions, IMO this job is too big for him and eventually they will sack him abruptly when a Goliath becomes available.
Until then enjoy the ride Eddie and maximise your earnings.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

bencher

How Bruce kept them up last season with that squad and the incredible run they went on to finish mid-table was nothing short of miraculous. I realise Bruce had issues with the fanbase but he really was underappreciated.