watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We have won six in a row, but last Saturday we could have dropped points

Started by The Swan, November 08, 2021, 10:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Peterborough gave us a good game last Saturday and could have got some points from the game. Well done Fulham for getting another three points.
After the international break we play Barnsley at home.
I do remember the last time we played them we lost. That day it seemed as if Fulham took the game lightly..
Mr Woodrow scored from a penalty. I think we lost 1-3.
Lets hope all our players return from international break fit and ready to go.

The Swan

Dr Know

Quote from: The Swan on November 08, 2021, 10:27:48 PM
Peterborough gave us a good game last Saturday and could have got some points from the game. Well done Fulham for getting another three points.
After the international break we play Barnsley at home.
I do remember the last time we played them we lost. That day it seemed as if Fulham took the game lightly..
Mr Woodrow scored from a penalty. I think we lost 1-3.
Lets hope all our players return from international break fit and ready to go.

I'm sure we lost 3-0 !

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Carborundum

Cold, wet, windy and miserable.  Only one team wanted it that day.  Not expecting an easy game.

bog

paulbrookersmazydribbles

They will probably have a new manager to impress on that day too.

I don't think Saturday's narrow win was a bad thing, though. Grinding out victories when not playing well is what gets you promoted.

Dodger53

Quote from: bog on November 09, 2021, 08:30:27 AM
Did they not do the double over us that season? :022:

092.gif
They did. I took my neighbour who is a Tyke and he still reminds me on a regular basis. He isn't hopeful of a repeat but as the posh showed... Anything can happen and that is why we go.

Terry Towling

Ex Barnsley manager Schopp has a reputation for developing young talent and so the club gave him from June to Nov to build a suceessful long term team = anyone else see the irony in this?

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: Terry Towling on November 09, 2021, 08:57:31 AM
Ex Barnsley manager Schopp has a reputation for developing young talent and so the club gave him from June to Nov to build a suceessful long term team = anyone else see the irony in this?

Patience is a rare commodity in modern football.

General

Quote from: paulbrookersmazydribbles on November 09, 2021, 09:22:40 AM
Quote from: Terry Towling on November 09, 2021, 08:57:31 AM

Patience is a rare commodity in modern football.

Although now you mention it I have noticed the big clubs being more long term and less trigger happy recently. Bruce was at Newcastle for ages, whilst arteta has had arsenal going from being pretty bad to now being in a position where they're competing for a top 4 spot again.. seems as if utd are doing the same with Solsjkaer too.

cookieg

If I'd have passed my A levels, went to Uni, did some loads of other qualifications I could have discovered a way to feed the world but I didn't.

Andy S

The big difference between all teams is a goal scorer a good keeper a good defence and good organisation. Poor teams can organise well on the odd occasion but cannot do it consistently. On their day any team can win

Fulham Tup North

We looked tired v Peterborough... we are lucky that we have such depth in our squad....
It might be a case of a bit more rotation after this break... 3 games in 7 days, especially when some of the squad would have played twice in the Internationals....
COYW
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

3 Cherries

Quote from: cookieg on November 09, 2021, 10:53:01 PM
If I'd have passed my A levels, went to Uni, did some loads of other qualifications I could have discovered a way to feed the world but I didn't.

You don't need a degree to help at the local food bank or soup kitchen

3 Cherries

Whitesideup

Quote from: 3 Cherries on November 10, 2021, 01:03:33 PM
If we play like that against Barnsley we will lose... :drums:
You've got to give Peterborough some credit. Their work-rate and defensive set-up were very good, and we didn't quite have a cutting edge ... especially in the first-half.

rebel

We started with the possession stuff, then let them into the match, had we scored it would have been a different story. We looked tired, the more tired we looked the more they looked comfortable.

Even beating a team 7 - 0 takes bundles of energy.   

RufusBrevettatemyhamster

Bill2

Quote from: bog on November 09, 2021, 08:30:27 AM
Did they not do the double over us that season? :022:

092.gif
The first game was the first game of the season at Barnsley, they had just got promotion and went the entire season unbeaten at home. Worst possible fixture as we had just been relegated and couldn't buy a win away, the place was packed and was electric, was a bang on home win. At our place we were very poor and they were up for it.
The Peterborough game was a one where they played well they were unlucky not to sore a goal but they seem to forget that the goalie with the most activity was theirs and he puled off a number of good saves. So if their shot against the post had gone in they would have scored, but it didn't and had ours gone in we would have won by more.