watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you be happy with a point?

Started by South Coast White, November 27, 2021, 07:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

No, we are at home and hopefully with almost a full squad. I want to see a five point lead over Bournmouth at the end of the match.

Blawarmy

Quote from: filham on November 27, 2021, 08:26:03 PM
No, we are at home and hopefully with almost a full squad. I want to see a five point lead over Bournmouth at the end of the match.
I'm sure somebody on here said we'll be 5 points clear of them after the match. Must have a crystal ball or something

Brian McGroom

As we're currently only 1 point above Bournemouth  it may prove impossible to be 5 points ahead after Friday night

Dunstable Fulham

No. I'm hoping we will have a fully fit first team starting 11 raring to go. They have injuries and suspensions and have been poor recently. As a club, players, management and fans we need to play our part on Friday night and get us over the line.
I don't doubt for a second that Parker stitched us up and had agreed a deal with them long before he went - just look at their managerial appointments last season - add to that his boring negative style of football that sent me to sleep on more than one occasion whilst watching and the really poor way he treated a number of our players particularly Mitro and Kebano - I really hope we give his side a good doing.

Somerset Fulham

I wouldn't be disappointed, but obviously would much prefer a win.

It's going to be an extremely tight and cagey affair I think, they are a good side despite some of the ludicrous posts that you see on here.

Hatch007

Quote from: Brian McGroom on November 27, 2021, 08:34:53 PM
As we're currently only 1 point above Bournemouth  it may prove impossible to be 5 points ahead after Friday night
Maybe he was banking on an extra point for fastest lap? 🧐

S.F.Sorrow

Absolutely not. We're at home with a full squad. Bournemouth are struggling with injuries and suspensions. I can accept the draws against Derby and Preston but this is a must win six-pointer.

Keefy

Given our respective goal differences, a win would effectively place us 5 points clear of Bournemouth. Moreover a win for us would be a great moral boost.

Woolly Mammoth

Realistically of course I would be disappointed to not get three points, however it would not be the end of the world, it may feel like it for 24 hours but then Bournemouth would not have gained ground even if others may have. An ideal game to stretch our lead but I have grown not to raise expectations as it only increases disappointment.
It's all on the night, who will be the sharper who will get the rub of the green, will the referee or linesman have a nightmare. Goals change games and it will be an intriguing game for both teams.
If I had to put a £1,000 English pounds on a winner I would put it on Fulham, not because I support them but because they are the better team alround, but nothing is guaranteed in football.
So if for some reason we do not win, relax it's a long season, plenty of time to right the wrongs, and of course it's a funny old game.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WhiteJC

at this point I'd be happy with a point, team sickness an all, however I'd really like a win, by a big margin, just to show a certain clothes horse the respect he's due

Ruislip White

I won't know the answer to that question until I've seen the weekend's other results.  If we get a point and QPR, Stoke, West Brom, Cov don't better that, it'll be a good weekend too if we draw.

bobby01

I think he will come and park the bus.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Woolly Mammoth

The bus is currently out of service. He will not have time to be able to park his sports jacket he borrowed off a vagrant sleeping in a shop doorway.
As Fulham  will hit them hard from the start and they will not recover from going a goal behind.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Quote from: Brian McGroom on November 27, 2021, 08:34:53 PM
Win on Friday and with our superior goal difference they will need to gain five points on us to take our place at the top of the. table.

bog

cookieg

Let's hope that we get a good even ref.

jarv

Never happy with a draw (at home) but most important we do not lose.  Bournemouth recent record not great, maybe their wheels are falling off.